As much as I don't want it to be there if it draws in more $ $ and the 60 million that are on BBOS then in the words of young jeezy "let's get it!". Plus I ain't buying so I don't really care, as long as a top of the line OVER POWERED Z model is in the works I'm a paying customer.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 09:47 PM
    UGH........................
    JayDee said it best.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 09:49 PM
    You must be taking more time than me time to swipe up on a touch screen then because I can swipe up from the bottom of my Z phones just as quickly as I can press a physical button on my 9860. You don't need to swipe up very far on a BB10 phone, a short quick flick of the finger is enough, maybe you aren't doing it like that?
    I swipe until the required action happens. It's phsically impossible to swipe faster than the inititial tap if your finger is moving at the same speed....because for the tap....you're already done. The swipe still has more work to do.

Video games often require near instantaneous input. A smartphone does not REQUIRE near instantaneous input, unless you're playing a game and then you use specific controls for fast input. Hypothetically speaking will it kill anyone if a user input action in BB10 takes half a second longer or even a whole second compared to BBOS? You talk like it's premeditated murder.
    No, I never talked like it was murder....you did as way to diminish what the other person is saying. But hey, why stop now?

A smartphone does not require ANYTHING. So the word requires is another pointless distraction. It's not about what requires, it's about what used to be faster and now is not.

I think it may well be that your perception of how far you have to move your finger when doing swipe gestures in BB10 is a little off the way it actually is. You don't have to move your finger inches for most of the gestures, particularly not the swipe up to leave an app. A short flick is enough.
    Yes, it's about an inch for that particular gesture. Which is more action than a tap. You can argue physics and math all day long, but 1 is still less than 1 + something else.

Also I think when you use the word 'intensive' it gives an image of exhausting physical labour. Intensive exercise is where you exert yourself to the point of being unable to continue. Not quite what happens when using a smartphone! Maybe saying which one requires more effort rather than which is the most 'intensive' would be a better way of phrasing it.
    Intensive is simply an English word used when when describing degrees of work. What difference does it make which way I say it other than to give you a reason to avoid the question?

Yes you're right sorry, it's been a long time since I fired up the 9860, so I honestly had forgotten that the back button retraces your steps between the apps you were in. The 9860 is a phone with many problems, it's unfinished and they didn't bother to finish it in any of the updates, so I hate using it now compared to my Z phones.
    No worries.

Woah there! Turn off the hate tap mate. I was not trying to be condescending towards you at all. 'My friend' is a term of endearment where I'm from, I say it all the time.

And I'm not attempting to change the subject or trying to say that you are too old to be doing using your phone correctly by mentioning that in my experience, where I work and train people in using mobile devices as part of my job, the more elderly people are the ones who struggle the most with technology in general and with change. It's just the way it is, the older they are the less likely they grew up with technology and the more alien it is to them unless they made a big effort to get in to it during their working life.
    No worries again. Apology accepted.

Clearly user input being ultimately efficient down to the millisecond is important to you. Great, whatever floats your boat. For most people there are many more things in this day and age that they expect from a smartphone that they class as more important than having the phone that allows them to go back a screen faster than any other phone on the planet. It's just not that high on most people's priority list.
    No, expect them to do all those other things TOO. I don't expect to gain something only to lose something else for no particluar reason other than it makes the phone look cool...or..."that's where things are going." But when you have a fast phone (or fast anything) then are suddenly burdened with this endless motion of your thumb, back and forth side to side, up and down, it's just more fatiguing in the long run. It adds up. The old guys you work with probably do a fraction of the banging around on a phone that I do. It's just painful sometimes as my mind is eight steps ahead of the phones ability to get there due to the song and dance, horse and pony show I have to go through.

Sure, but I'll happily take BB10's ability to do more over BBOS' ability to allow me to do less in more ways.
    Yes, that is the Sophie's choice the world of BB faithful are dealing with...thus this thread. Thus 9900 sales above BB10. The thing is....we really don't want to be forced to make that choice. Just give us both and move on. And, please, do it before lunch...I've got a lot to do today.

Just like my Z10 and Z30 don't make me use buttons at the bottom either, things have moved on, virtual has won in the mobile device world. It's just taking the BlackBerry community longer than others to adapt.
    They don't make you use those buttons Because they don't offer them at all. They make you do something else. The other phone you were discussing gave you options. Remember options = good?

Things have moved on from.....what?

Adapt....to what? The BlackBerry community adapted to iPhones and Androids just fine. Ironically it was the Blackberries they were having a problem with.

So we can stop at 2009? Selecting text hasn't been a 'power use' of a mobile device for a very long time, but the BlackBerry space and time distortion vortex is still active in many parts of the world.
    This makes no sense. You are speaking on behalf of all users of text that it's no longer important to select text and then insulting them....again?. Looks like you're back in the running for another award! Keep up the good work! You'll win for sure!

Come on, be honest on a touch screen BBOS7 phone when you're on a screen with lots of fields and buttons like creating or editing a Contact do you scroll around to the field you want to type in with the touchpad or do you just tap the screen to put the cursor straight in the text box? The touchpad is a clumsy way of moving between the UI elements of BBOS7, particularly painful in the Browser, it is only an accurate way of positioning the cursor WITHIN a UI element such as a text box whether single line or muti-line (email, text, BBM). For me that's not enough to justify the reintroduction of the touchpad if it means that it takes up space on the front of the phone when it's not needed, which is most of the time in BB10's case.
    I'll be honest, but you're just follow it up with another back handed insult. I use EITHER method, depending on various things, such as how am I holding the phone, do I have gloves on, but more often that not I would....for that example....press with my finger. It may not be enough for you, but if you edit the sh*t out of text while on an airplane or while walking through an airport or doing anything that takes away your other hand....you need precise text editing...otherwise you slow down. Lesson number 2: Slow = Bad.

What the? What on Earth did you find insulting now?! Do you get a lot of people on here having a go at you or something?
    Clumsily? Yes, I know, you must think anyone that isn't on a Z10 (which I own by the way) is 80 and clumsy. Again, if you didn't mean to infer the user is clumsy...then it was a mis-communication. But, your response above is ALREADY insulting by insinuating that my first response was also some over reaction. You are diminishing both this example and the other. 2 birds, one stone. I can see why you are in IT. Don't go into PR ever. Bull in china shop.

Yep it has if means that screen space is sacrificed so that something can be put on the front of the phone to assist with 'accuracy' for that 0.1% of the time using it that you absolutely must select text accurately within 4 seconds or you'll die.
    ....and....he's back. Nothing like the old back handed insult to keep the party lively. You stay classy.

Most people want a large wide high res bright screen on their phone without the phone itself being much larger than the screen (narrow bezels). They are perfectly willing to sacrifice text selection accuracy for that. Apple and Samsung don't seem to be losing customers due to lack of "text selection assistance" hardware.
    Yes, I believe that apple and Android have this thing they call apps. Perhaps you've heard of them. They seem to be all the rage these days. Maybe that has something to do with it. Honestly, the trackpad is a minor issue here, it's more of the actual buttons that I can touch instead of doing a swan lake routine 1800 times a day. The track pad is just a bonus.

Nothing, never said it did. I was talking about what's considered 'power use' in 2014 and it isn't selecting text in 3 seconds as opposed to 5 seconds.
    Ah, ok, just going off topic for a while. No worries

Soooo.....you just assumed that I didn't ask them any specific questions because I assumed you wouldn't be presumptuous enough to think that I recorded their feedback without doing exactly such as to not do so would make the data irrelevant by virtue of it being anecdotal and incomparable between users? Come on fella, stop yanking my chain! lol
    AND....we have a winner (Orchestra music plays).

I didn't' assume anything. I asked you a specific question about your data gathering methods that brought you to say earlier that 1% of the users are opposed to the lack of buttons. You answered it. SO....I'll ask again. Did you specifically ask each of them about this issue and record the results. Why is it so hard to answer such a simple question? Oh, wait...I know already.

Then you take it wrongly. What would you like to know?
    Ah, you so coy. You make a funny.

Ahem.... I would like to know about what I asked you earlier. How did you aquire the data that brought you to proclaim that 1% of the users cared about the buttons. (Thank you, sir, may I have another.)

Huh?! Where was the dig?! Alright Marvin, as the kids say "what evs!" lol
    ..."The few Q10 users are just those types of people who don't like change or don't get on with all touch screens and can't leave their physical Qwerty habits behind lol

See, I put it in bold so you wouldn't miss it this time.

But good to see you're a smart a$$ right to the very end with the marvin comment. Stick to IT. Don't go in PR. Seriously.
    anon(4185604) likes this.
    02-25-14 09:50 PM
    For someone like me who dislikes the inaccuracies of the 'circle' for editing and selecting text, the return of the trackpad is welcome. For those people who see no need for the trackpad then there will be devices there for you too. But don't brush people off for liking part of BBOS so much that they stick with it. It's personal opinion, just like some like the Q-series and some like the Z-series.
    The way I see it is BlackBerry is getting feedback from its largest customers in the enterprise and probably this is one of the main things they are hearing. Businesses still need a keyboard and a mouse to get real work done on a PC. Seems logical there is a niche place in the smartphone world for devices that are ultra modern in terms of the OS and apps but that have input methods that allow more fine control than touch.

I say whatever sells more phones is good, regardless of whether it suits my taste.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    02-25-14 09:51 PM
    Half a second? Seriously? I don't mind fast, but half a second???? We are gonna add a track pad and take up screen space for the sake of half a second? I'm sorry, but personally that's just ridiculous.
    Ofcourse you would use that example of the airport, that's invalid here. I'll accept the argument of convenience maybe, but definitely not saving half a second

Posted via CB10
    Yes, seriously. Add them up. Then add that to the fatigue of moving your damn thumb all day long. Imagine if you had to play a video game or type on a computer that way...you can't just touch a button, you just perform a task. All those darn half seconds adding up.

Who said anything about a trackpad?

Who said anyhing about screen space?

But nice job at insulting people who clearly have more do in a day (and on their phone ) than you do. No, no, don't get up....just sit there and the let the world revolve around you. It's ok. We'll be over here making things happen faster.

Why is the example invalid? Because it proves a point that you don't want proven?
    02-25-14 09:56 PM
    There are other methods to get legacy users onto BB10, they can add more OS7 functionality, financial incentives, target marketing (any marketing), trade in....
    those things have all been tried with no significant positive result.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 10:28 PM
    I just love the ones using iPhones glad that the belt is coming back, hey kb buttons have been on Q since day 1. So buttons are only important if it's a bbry and if bbry doesn't have the buttons you want you choose to use another phone that has no buttons
    if i have to go key less iphone is the best, damn thing never slows down. i will be back because of the track pad.
    02-25-14 10:51 PM
    I can't believe there's so much hate for this decision.

It's like giving users a choice is a bad thing. Sheesh.

Some people want the buttons and trackpad - the sort of people who spend lots of time composing messages, editing emails, etc...

Other people who do little in the way of written communications and don't often run into the issue of cursor precision are complaining that the trackpad isn't part of BB10's swipe and gesture based design. You'd be right, and this isn't the reason the trackpad is coming back.

Why can't you simply accept that there's a phone with a trackpad for those who want it and a phone without it for those who don't?

We all want to see BlackBerry succeed, so who are we to complain about BlackBerry offering a device with a feature that could capture a larger audience and improve sales?
    As previously stated in this thread, the "hate" is only in the forums...in this thread. Read the comments in the actual "news" article on the CrackBerry homepage, much more love for the Q20 there. And more intelligent conversation, too.

These forums are for trolls.
    02-25-14 11:05 PM
    BELFAST!!!!! Your prediction coming true is causing quite a stir!! Only YOU can stop the INSANITY!!! Being the "instigator" you should be ashamed
    Nah, I'm enjoying the show lol.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    02-26-14 01:12 AM
    Yes!! An actual back button! And yes we need one so we can get rid of the huge ugly black bar in every android app.

Q10, running 10.2.1.2141
    dude, just hide the bar, and to go back use gestures, swipe from the bottom center diagonally to the left
    02-26-14 01:46 AM
    dude, just hide the bar, and to go back use gestures, swipe from the bottom center diagonally to the left
    Swipe to hide it and swipe again to show it? Why do that a million times a day when you can just press a button?

02-26-14 01:48 AM
    As previously stated in this thread, the "hate" is only in the forums...in this thread. Read the comments in the actual "news" article on the CrackBerry homepage, much more love for the Q20 there. And more intelligent conversation, too.

These forums are for trolls.
    so now one is a troll because he states a preference?

until just recently, the only thing we knew was that the new keyboard phones would have the belt coming back.
    Kevin just mentioned in his last post that they will continue making Q10 like phone without the belt, so ye, NOW this thread can be closed.

i love my Q10,
    i dont wanna old school trakpad/belt, i learned how to use BB10 to excellence
    do you have a problem with my preference? Am i really a troll?
    Shadowyugi likes this.
    02-26-14 01:52 AM
    Swipe to hide it and swipe again to show it? Why do that a million times a day when you can just press a button?

eheh well then it seems that you dont know how to use your phone Belfast,

the BACK function is replicated by swiping diagonally to the left, from the bottom center!!!

no need to swipe to show again
    02-26-14 01:54 AM
    eheh well then it seems that you dont know how to use your phone Belfast,

the BACK function is replicated by swiping diagonally to the left, from the bottom center!!!

no need to swipe to show again
    No no, you said swipe to hide the bar? What if you need the 3 dots menu button? Don't you need to show the bar again?

02-26-14 02:00 AM
    I swipe until the required action happens. It's phsically impossible to swipe faster than the inititial tap if your finger is moving at the same speed....because for the tap....you're already done. The swipe still has more work to do.
    Mate, the time it takes you to do something is the time it takes you to do something, nobody else, just you. Maybe I should apply to the Guinness Book of Records for being the fastest BB10 swiper upper in the world, maybe I'm that good who knows, it certainly doesn't take me as long as it seems to take you.

Perhaps you haven't tried or don't realise that the swipe up gesture to leave an app in BB10 is longer the slower you do it and shorter the quicker you do it. It responds to the speed that you do it. Flick up quickly and it's a much shorter gesture than you seem to think.

Out of interest was it a Q10 you have? Or had? That phone is notorious for having poor touch sensitivity all over the screen, but it's particularly poor for the swipe up to leave an app gesture annoyingly. The ones I've tried all exhibit the same lack of sensitivity compared to Z phones. Most Q10 users don't realise how poorly gestures are recognised on its screen if they've never used a Z phone.

No, I never talked like it was murder....you did as way to diminish what the other person is saying. But hey, why stop now?
    Nope, that's not why I'm said you were talking like it was murder. I said that to point out to you how much you were over reacting at the suggestion that people should be OK with and be able to get on with their lives without losing sleep at night if a user interface operation takes slightly longer on a touch screen phone as opposed to one with dedicated physical buttons. Especially if it means the screen can be large due to not having to have physical buttons taking up space when they are not always required. There's more to life.

A smartphone does not require ANYTHING. So the word requires is another pointless distraction. It's not about what requires, it's about what used to be faster and now is not.
    Ermm...what? A smartphone requires quite a few things I think you'll find. I think the components list has quite a few essentials on it, you know like a battery, screen, microphone, speaker, processor, memory, storage, things like that.

Not everything in this world gets faster or stays at least as fast as the world moves on and leaves certain technologies behind you know. Passenger air travel went back in time over 25 years in terms of speed when Concorde was retired. This year's Formula 1 racing cars are several seconds a lap slower than last year's and yet their engines contain new cutting edge energy recovery technology making them millions of pounds more valuable and high tech than the engines they replaced. The world moves on and sometimes it's more cost effective or better for other reasons than just speed to do something more slowly than before, however slight or big the speed difference.

Yes, it's about an inch for that particular gesture. Which is more action than a tap. You can argue physics and math all day long, but 1 is still less than 1 + something else.
    It's not anything like an inch if you do it quickly. It's about an inch if you do it slowly. And I didn't say at any point that I can do it quicker than pressing a button, I said I can do it just as fast. Not that it matters, there are more important things, to some people.

Intensive is simply an English word used when when describing degrees of work.
    And it's the wrong choice of word as in the context in which you've used it it means some kind of laborious physical exertion. Hardly an appropriate choice for describing the difference between pressing a small button on a phone and going to all the trouble of having to touch the glass and move your finger up a bit.

What difference does it make which way I say it other than to give you a reason to avoid the question?
    Your choice of words when you are trying to communicate something is hugely important in getting your message across accurately. If you do work in PR one would have thought you would know that.

And avoid what question? Why do you keep saying I'm trying to avoid something? Are you just naturally suspicious of everyone you meet, as if you expect that they are always trying to get one over on you? Bullied at school perhaps?

No worries again. Apology accepted.
    I wasn't actually apologising for anything a second time there as I didn't have anything to apologise for, but thanks anyway!

It's just painful sometimes as my mind is eight steps ahead of the phones ability to get there due to the song and dance, horse and pony show I have to go through.
    Are you in the US? On BB10.2.1 yet? Or 10.2? Text selection improved a lot in 10.2, if you're not on it then it's something to look forward to, or use a leak of an official release to upgrade.

I do a lot of text manipulation on the move in emails in my daily work, copying from archives of documentation I keep in Notes and editing it around in an email before sending it out. I honestly don't find it the pain on my Z phones that you seem to be experiencing. It was worse in BB10.1.x that's for sure but I whiz along quite happily now. Maybe I just take to it, I've lived with constant change and having to re-learn ways of doing things throughout my career as things in very few industries change as quickly as they do in the tech industry! If you don't like change then IT is the wrong game to be in.

The thing is....we really don't want to be forced to make that choice.
    I'm not saying this is how you are but in my line of work I see aversion to change in people all the time. A system, applications or technology changes in away that impacts upon how people interact with it and certain people every time cry blue murder and swear they will never forgive us and don't see why anything has to change, and they hate the new system....until they use it for a bit, get used to it and learn to live with the things that aren't quite as good as before because other things, usually more things, are better than before.

You should check out the Change House theory about the psychology of change in humans, it's interesting, just don't end up in the Dungeon of Despair!

http://cdn4.rapidbi.com/wp-content/u...el-300x197.png

The other phone you were discussing gave you options. Remember options = good?
    It's rarely as binary as yes or no, true or false, black or white, as you make out. It's not always one thing = this thing, opposite thing = that other thing. What you're staying it just an opinion, and just yours.

My opinion is that options when over done can also equate to unnecessary clutter and redundancy if they aren't well thought through and well managed during a products life cycle. That's where BBOS went wrong, user interface feature after feature after feature was bolted on top of a decade of legacy features that were rarely ever sifted through for redundant things to remove.

There, our opinions differ, that's they beauty and fun if opinions but where it gets really good is being able to discuss those opinions with someone else in an open minded and tolerant way.....

Things have moved on from.....what?
    Oh dear.

From physical buttons for everything to predominantly virtual touch screen and/or touch sensitive controls.

Adapt....to what?
    From physical buttons for everything to predominantly virtual touch screen and/or touch sensitive controls.

The BlackBerry community adapted to iPhones and Androids just fine. Ironically it was the Blackberries they were having a problem with.
    The ex-BlackBerry Community jumped ship and had to adapt to iPhones and adroids if they still wanted to use a smartphone, note the EX.

The BlackBerry community, as in the current one right now, and I don't presume to think that you are like this, has a high percentage of people who are unfortunately rather change averse in that they didn't jump ship from what they know (BBOS, BIS, physical Qwerty, touchpad) years ago like a lot of other people (and even now are cagey about BlackBerry 10)because of the lack of some of those things, BIS and the touchpad/function key 'belt' being two biggies. And if they did try BB10 those same change averse people seem to whine like hell on here about things that are "missing" or "different" or "slower" or "not as good". This place is full of such threads and posts, far more than posts about the positives of BB10, it can't have escaped your attention.

Sure there are things that could be carried over to BB10, some things that should have been there from day one that are there now or "coming soon" or never coming but it is what it is. The point is that the never ending circular whining from some people on this forum, not including you, (I haven't read enough of your posts!), is disproportionate to the size of the actual problems. I mean some people just need to get out more! lol

This makes no sense. You are speaking on behalf of all users of text that it's no longer important to select text and then insulting them....again?.
    Where did I say I was speaking on behalf of all users of text? You're just making things up now mate. We weren't talking about whether just selecting text was important in general, we were talking about whether selecting text ACCURATELY is important. In fact you yourself raised the point.

And for most people, do you know what? For most people it ISN'T very important. Why do you think iOS, Android and Windows Phone users put up with their platform's fiddly text selection methods without trying to burn down the HQs of Apple, Google and Microsoft in outrage at the lack of a touchpad-like solution?

Because to most people it is a very minor issue.

Looks like you're back in the running for another award! Keep up the good work! You'll win for sure!
    What is it with all these references to awards? I don't see the appeal. Unless you're going for the award for "Most likely to have Asperger's Syndrome without actually knowing it".

Joking aside for a second the reason I say that you don't seem to pick up on the light heartedness of many of my comments, ignoring the emoticons, the smiley winking face . In fact you seem to see them as direct personal insults. In human social situations not being able to pick up on other people's emotions is a classic Asperger's symptom.

Interestingly, but not necessarily in connection with you, other symptoms are an inbuilt need for routine and an extreme aversion to change.

I'll be honest, but you're just follow it up with another back handed insult.
    Why do you think that?! From the start of our discussion you've imagined insults being hurled at you by me that just weren't there. You seem to be reading what I say about OTHER people as if those comments are daggers being plunged in to your very soul. Most odd and rather paranoid unfortunately. Do you feel like you're always a victim or something? So you just expect insults and read them where there aren't any?

Lesson number 2: Slow = Bad.
    Oh that's delightfully sweet and cute, is that you trying to patronisingly teach me "lessons"? Aww bless.

Clumsily?
    Yes. When was the last time you used a BBOS phone without a touch screen for a good length of time? Only having the touchpad to navigate with is incredibly clumsy and frustrating in all but inside text fields, where it finds its one arguably useful remaining purpose.

If you didn't mean to infer the user is clumsy...then it was a mis-communication.
    I'm afraid that's a mistake in your comprehension. I'm guessing that English language isn't exactly your forte? Stating that one of the 'power uses' that the touchpad brings to the user is the ability to "clumsily navigate around the screen" does NOT infer that the user is clumsy, that's just poor comprehension. It means that I am stating the opinion that the touchpad MAKES the user have to navigate clumsily because clumsiness WHEN NAVIGATING is inherent in the design of the human to machine interface (the touchpad and BBOS user interface), NOT inherent in the user.

But, your response above is ALREADY insulting by insinuating that my first response was also some over reaction. You are diminishing both this example and the other. 2 birds, one stone.
    Again you are reading insults where there simply aren't any. It's almost as if you want there to be insult hurled at you so you can become angry and hurl insults back, and if you say there are insults there enough times and wish and wish upon a star then maybe it will become true!

I'm not taking your bait so you can put the fishing line away good buddy.

I can see why you are in IT. Don't go into PR ever. Bull in china shop.
    Why do you keep being rude to me? All we are doing is debating our opinions on a touchpad and some buttons and yet you don't seem to be able to do it without wanting it to be a slanging match of insults. I'm very close to bringing things you've said to me to the attention of a moderator to be honest, I don't want to have to but you are being extremely and unnecessarily rude with no provocation.

....and....he's back. Nothing like the old back handed insult to keep the party lively. You stay classy.
    Where?! Where are these back handed insults you think I'm throwing at you?! Are you drinking on a flight home after a bad business trip or something? Angry with the world much?

Honestly, the trackpad is a minor issue here, it's more of the actual buttons that I can touch instead of doing a swan lake routine 1800 times a day. The track pad is just a bonus.
    Yes one can tell the trackpad is a minor issue, you know by the way you're going on and on about it and won't let go like a dog with a bone.

Ah, ok, just going off topic for a while. No worries
    Jeez. Uptight a little?

AND....we have a winner (Orchestra music plays).
    You won Gold in the Asperger's Olympics?

I didn't' assume anything. I asked you a specific question about your data gathering methods that brought you to say earlier that 1% of the users are opposed to the lack of buttons. You answered it.
    You call asking 'did you conduct a survey' a specific question about my data gathering methods? Well I hope you never have to conduct an audit or investigation at work as that's hardly the stuff of Sherlock Holmes.

You didn't mention anything in your question about it being related to why 1% of the users didn't want a physical Qwerty Q10. You just said 'did you conduct a survey or did you wait for them to complain' so I didn't exactly feel compelled to supply a full report with an Executive Summary lol

It is rather obvious intuitively how I can work out the percentage of my users who chose a Q10 and the percentage who chose a Z10 (after their opinions were surveyed by allowing them to try each for a day and then provide feedback in the form of usability and functionality ratings which contributed to helping them choose which one they wanted). It's intuitive because I know the number of users and I know the numbers of the two types of device that were eventually issued. Percentages are rather easy to arrive at when you have those two stats in front of you.

. SO....I'll ask again. Did you specifically ask each of them about this issue and record the results. Why is it so hard to answer such a simple question?
    What is this an interrogation?! And what do you mean ask again?! You didn't ask that specifically the first time! If you meant to then you should have. And what is "this issue" that you want to know if I asked about? You're not exactly being very clear I'm afraid.

Do you mean the lack of trackpad on the BB10 phone they would receiving and whether that was a negative or positive thing? If yes, then I'm pleased to be able to inform you and overwhelmingly my users weren't the slightest bit bothered about the lack of the 'belt' on the BB10 phones. They couldn't wait for a modern touch screen user interface to use instead of the clumsy (in all but one scenario, good old text selection) trackpad, and they were not the slightest bit bothered about the lack of dedicated functions keys either.

You see, people who use work issued BlackBerry phones in the workplace don't go home at night and weekends and hide in caves. My users had almost all already made the move to full touch phones, iPhone or Android, in their personal lives years ago and so weren't the slightest bit fazed by buttons suddenly being virtual instead of physical and having to use the touch screen to... gasp... select text. They really couldn't wait to hand in their physical Qwerty BBOS phones, even the few who wanted to stick with physical Qwerty but craved a more modern touch screen interface to use along side the keyboard.

Oh, wait...I know already.
    You like being wrong don't you. Either that or you're just good at it unintentionally.

Ahem.... I would like to know about what I asked you earlier. How did you aquire the data that brought you to proclaim that 1% of the users cared about the buttons. (Thank you, sir, may I have another.)
    Again, you didn't ask anything near as specific a question as that but it appears that pretending you did is good enough for you, so I've humoured you above.

..."The few Q10 users are just those types of people who don't like change or don't get on with all touch screens and can't leave their physical Qwerty habits behind lol

See, I put it in bold so you wouldn't miss it this time.
    And what on Earth is insulting in what I said?! You have an uncanny ability to see insults in sentences that don't contain them. Or perhaps just poor comprehension again?

Those few Q10 users at work openly admit me to me that they don't like change and laugh about it. There is nothing insulting talking openly about people who find change difficult to cope with. It's especially not insulting to you when it's OTHER people I know and you don't that I'm talking about!

Those particular users of mine know they are change averse and are very appreciative of the option to move on to a more modern phone in a more gradual way, retaining the Qwerty keyboard but with the modern world of full touch and a media rich OS to use up top. I didn't have to offer everyone a Q10, I could have decided "well I like the Z10 more so everybody is getting that and can like it or lump it". But no, that would be incredibly selfish and unprofessional, one size never fits all, so a choice of models was the order of the day.

Also, did you just ignore the LOL at the end of what you quoted? You know the emotional queue that signals that it was a good humoured comment? I think you may have the first case of cyber-Asperger's!

But good to see you're a smart a$$ right to the very end with the marvin comment. Stick to IT. Don't go in PR. Seriously.
    I had a girlfriend who was a PR agent. She proudly called it a career in bull excrement as she claimed since getting her degree in PR that there was no real knowledge of anything required other than how to lie with a straight face, think of those lies quickly on your feet, be politically correct and Corporate and smile vacantly a lot.

She made it sound like a total sham of a profession so no I won't be giving up my extremely satisfying and rewarding career any time soon for PR thank you very much lol

Posted via CB10 on Z30 STA100-2 /10.2.1.1925 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.1
    Last edited by johnnyuk; 02-27-14 at 04:20 PM.
    Shadowyugi likes this.
    02-26-14 02:07 AM
    I believe you just swipe downwards from top, to show the three dots, no need to show the Bar again

Posted via CB10
    02-26-14 02:08 AM
    Blackberry is clearly confused and is changing direction all of the time. The signs of a desperate company fighting to survive.
    johnnyuk and Shadowyugi like this.
    02-26-14 02:10 AM
    I believe you just swipe downwards from top, to show the three dots, no need to show the Bar again

Posted via CB10
    But that was my point, two swipes to do what buttons can do much better and easier and never obscure the screen with anything.

02-26-14 02:12 AM
    But that was my point, two swipes to do what buttons can do much better and easier and never obscure the screen with anything.

oh yes i get it now,

to do what you can do with a button, i'll have first to swipe down, and then press on the three dots, whereas with a button you only press once eheh i like how we are going deep into details, like how saving half a second is more productive

jokes apart, I am not a fan of the belt, BUT as i posted previously, you are right in regards to android apps, the back button could be very useful! i give you that!
    02-26-14 02:20 AM
    oh yes i get it now,

to do what you can do with a button, i'll have first to swipe down, and then press on the three dots, whereas with a button you only press once eheh i like how we are going deep into details, like how saving half a second is more productive

jokes apart, I am not a fan of the belt, BUT as i posted previously, you are right in regards to android apps, the back button could be very useful! i give you that!
    All those wasted half seconds add up and you'd be doing the swipes hundreds of times a day in most apps or in most things you want to do with the phone.

02-26-14 02:25 AM
    I know many BlackBerry enthusiasts love this news but I personally have no interest in going back to a physical keyboard device. I loved my Curve and 9930 but I like the Z10 better. I would be much more happy with 10.3 OS enhancements and better battery life than a new device with physical keyboard.

Sent from my Z10 using CB Forums mobile app
    02-26-14 03:08 AM
    I know many BlackBerry enthusiasts love this news but I personally have no interest in going back to a physical keyboard device. I loved my Curve and 9930 but I like the Z10 better. I would be much more happy with 10.3 OS enhancements and better battery life than a new device with physical keyboard.

Sent from my Z10 using CB Forums mobile app
    Ye dude, wrong thread!

Posted via CB10
    02-26-14 03:50 AM
    Well, there goes any chance of ever convincing anyone that BB10 devices are not *still* the BBOS 5 clunker they abandoned for an iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    Who cares, we haven't been convincing anybody anyway! BlackBerry needs to do what they do best, deliver a work/messaging device!

Keep The Faith ? BlackBerry Q10 ?
    02-26-14 04:53 AM
    Its either keypad with trackpad or just full touch screen. Dont you miss the speed that you can move your cursor to anywhere you want on the screen and do copy and paste so precisely
    02-26-14 05:53 AM
    Nah, I'm enjoying the show lol.

I must be getting jaded. It's wearing me down.
    02-26-14 06:17 AM
657 ... 1819202122 ...