Ok, I'll ask you this, what is there to see, do or talk about for a BBOS user on CB? It's all about BB10. Why would a BBOS user visit CB anymore?

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    You seem to forget that CrackBerry is a BlackBerry site for all BlackBerry phones, BBOS - BB10... They could just as well come.

As I stated before, I am a BBOS user. I don't have BB10 yet. Not because I don't want it, but simply because I don't currently have the funds for it. But I come here everyday because I want to know more about BlackBerry, what they are doing, what they are aiming towards and etc...
    02-25-14 05:49 AM
    fixed that for you
    My thanks and gratitude.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 05:50 AM
    The fact that they're bringing back the trackpad + belt shows they don't want to innovate! This is a backwards A** step by BlackBerry and I'm extremely disappointed! CLEARLY people care more about screen size these days than how they navigate. Look at the touchscreen navigation of Android and iPhone in comparison to BB10 devices (touch or qwerty). SO much easier on a BB10, YET they decide to bring the belt back. This is definitely a step backwards in my opinion and for me, the device is DOA if it keeps the 1:1 ratio and is below 4inches. I currently have the Q10 and was looking forward to buying the "Q20/30" however not anymore! I guess Ill go for an all touch.
    02-25-14 05:55 AM
    Ok, I'll ask you this, what is there to see, do or talk about for a BBOS user on CB? It's all about BB10. Why would a BBOS user visit CB anymore?

Why do you keep coming back talking about BBOS features? Because you are passionate about those features.

But, you are minority.

Even though you are trying to represent all the other BBOS users out there, but you can't. Because most of the other BBOS users, though big in number, are not like you. They are stuck with their BBOS devices, seldom by choice. I mean, even you prefer to use your iPhone...

Posted via CB10 with Z30 on 10.2.1.2141
    Shadowyugi likes this.
    02-25-14 06:07 AM
    I guess the main question now is: will the trakpad/belt bring back users to Blackberry?

you know at first i thought it would, especially the corporate side. But them i realized that more and more companies are allowing the BYOD into their business models, and god knows how many have touch screens.

So Really?? is the trakpad gonna bring people back? i'm puzzled..

and looking at the first Q20 concept phone picture, i'm really pissed off to be honest, how can i perform a swipe up gesture with that trakpad right there in the middle of things???? :-(
    Shadowyugi likes this.
    02-25-14 06:12 AM
    I won't buy a device with the trackpad or the "belt". Physical buttons and the optical trackpad are failure points on the device and I have had failures of those items.

Posted via CB10
    Which means you will not buy any QWERTY device. So you are not in the target group...
    *send from my wonderful Q10 which fears to be replaced by a Q20*
    02-25-14 06:14 AM
    Yes, exactly! BBOS users have not been expecting to be served anymore by BB, but CB is about what BB is doing in the future. So why would BBOS users come to CB? CB is a BB10 bubble. The rest of the world doesn't care, it wants what it wants.
    02-25-14 06:15 AM
    The fact that they're bringing back the trackpad + belt shows they don't want to innovate! This is a backwards A** step by BlackBerry and I'm extremely disappointed! CLEARLY people care more about screen size these days than how they navigate. Look at the touchscreen navigation of Android and iPhone in comparison to BB10 devices (touch or qwerty). SO much easier on a BB10, YET they decide to bring the belt back. This is definitely a step backwards in my opinion and for me, the device is DOA if it keeps the 1:1 ratio and is below 4inches. I currently have the Q10 and was looking forward to buying the "Q20/30" however not anymore! I guess Ill go for an all touch.
    In all honesty, we will only know if the odd 40-60 million users who were still on BlackBerry legacy devices will get to upgrade to BlackBerry 10. I feel that the decision to launch the z3 and then announce the q20 was to address the concerns of how to convert the odd 40-60 million of legacy BlackBerry users to upgrade to BlackBerry 10.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 06:16 AM
    It may be too late, but if they had kept the trackpad earlier and instead made BBOS 8 (with a decent browser, option to go off BIS for those of us in rich countries) and so on and so forth, they might have stood a better shot at keeping their existing market, rather than creating a phone only a few tech fans want to use, because mostly-touch devices are already well-served.
    Revampd likes this.
    02-25-14 06:17 AM
    The first Q30 concept phone looked so much better:

small 3 rows keyboard,
    rectangular screen
    no trakpad
    02-25-14 06:18 AM
    The trackpad and function keys are making a return because clearly there is a demand for these features in a BlackBerry smartphone. Furthermore those that think that CB is all about BB10 must be living in a bubble world or terminally blind not to notice the active BBOS forums on this website.
    02-25-14 06:24 AM
    I guess the main question now is: will the trakpad/belt bring back users to Blackberry?

you know at first i thought it would, especially the corporate side. But them i realized that more and more companies are allowing the BYOD into their business models, and god knows how many have touch screens.

and looking at the first Q20 concept phone picture, i'm really pissed off to be honest, how can i perform a swipe up gesture with that trakpad right there in the middle of things???? :-(
    If you buy a qwerty phone it means you like to press buttons which means you'll not want to swipe, you'll want to press the button. That makes sense?

02-25-14 07:21 AM
    Why do you keep coming back talking about BBOS features? Because you are passionate about those features.

But, you are minority.

Even though you are trying to represent all the other BBOS users out there, but you can't. Because most of the other BBOS users, though big in number, are not like you. They are stuck with their BBOS devices, seldom by choice. I mean, even you prefer to use your iPhone...

Posted via CB10 with Z30 on 10.2.1.2141
    I'm in a minority on CrackBerry, in the real world ........ well, I'll let Chen explain it:

""In my first 90 days on the job, I consistently heard from our ardent BlackBerry customers that the hard buttons and trackpad are an essential part of the BlackBerry QWERTY experience, that made their BlackBerry smartphone their go-to productivity tool. I want these customers to know that we heard them, and this new smartphone will be for them," said John Chen, Executive Chairman and CEO at BlackBerry. "Today, we're delighted to announce the new BlackBerry Q20 smartphone, which is designed to give you the distinct experience that every BlackBerry QWERTY loyalist and high-productivity business customer absolutely loves. With the BlackBerry Q20 smartphone, you'll get the familiar hard buttons and trackpad that you want, along with the best email service, the best keyboard experience and the best battery life possible."

Anilu7 likes this.
    02-25-14 07:23 AM
    Chen went up a notch in my book this week!

Tavro likes this.
    02-25-14 07:28 AM
    Why are so many people against choice? I still love my 9700, but this new Q20 - if it brings back all the BBOS conveniences & "moments of wonder" - and brings all the improvements of BB10 - this could be the first phone that propels me to give up my 9700! I say bring it on!
    02-25-14 07:44 AM
    I like pressing buttons to write stuff, not to navigate the OS...

Does it make sense ?

Posted via CB10
    alpha beta gaga likes this.
    02-25-14 07:56 AM
    ok if you would like...blackberry made a big mistake. imo... because...

1. With the implementation of an all touch os.. to put a physical "back button" is admitting defeat.. .
    Defeat? No, it's ensuring victory. WHO CARES if some bloggers from some cheesy tech site will say those words...., if it was a mistake YOU FIX IT.

and also ..legacy users didn't adapt because of lack of information. not because of the track pad. and call and hang up button... waste of time... if you can't figure out how to push a call and call end button... physical keys is not your problem...
    Yes, please, insult highly educated power users. You're really making a strong argument. You actually think the people COULDN'T FIGURE OUT how operate their phone....and that was the reason why they were not popular? How about this suggestion....maybe they knew how it worked. but DIDN'T LIKE IT? How is call and hang up button waste of time? IT"S A PHONE. Those are basic functions, and those keys do many other things as well....like act as a go home button....or as a "make a call right now" button. Power players needs every milli-second. Cool people are too busy looking around the room to see if everyone is looking at their phone.

i have lots of friends still using there 9900's.. not because the q doesn't have a track pad or ' tool belt' its because all the crap that has been said about bb.. and if they will still be here in a year.. and a lot have gotten used to the apps.on other os devices. and word on the street is bb doesn't have ANY... .
    This statement makes no sense. You're saying your friends....who own BB's, have to rely on the word on the street instead of the actual facts of owning a blackberry? The very fact that you have "lots of friends still using their 9900's CONFIRMS the problem. You actually think they are not upgrading just because of "crap said about BlackBerry"? If that is the case, why do still have a BlackBerry and not some other phone?

2. they are scaring all the people who adapted because of bb10s all touch...
    HOW? Is Android scaring people by having multiple manufacturers that make DIFFERENT VERSIONS OF THE OPERATING SYSTEM, and completely different physical hardware? NO. Instead, they have the best selling phone IN THE WORLD.
    all there is was chen saying we are a keyboard phone company they they are coming out with a keyboard phone... ... why don''t they just re release the 9900 with bb10...no promise of continued touch screen only phones...
    Seriously? You think anyone is actually going to think that they've suddenly abandoned non-keyboard phones? DId they think this when the Q10 came out? WHY NOW? The 9900 with BB10 (you mean the Q10 with a belt?) Uh, they are doing this.
    if you wan't the track pad they should make the space bar the track pad...simply clean and doesn't affect the interface of the os..
    How does the placement of the trackpad (either above or below the keyboard) have any different effect on the OS?

3. since day one people have complained and complained about the terrible life of the z10 battery...if they were listening where is the new replacement 2500mah battery? so much for listening.. they just want to up sell a replacement and charger..
    What does this have to do with a belt or trackpad?

this is a ploy to get all the "legace slow coaches" to upgrade to bb10... if thats what it takes but
    call it as it is... don't say we listen.. if they listen we would have a slider by now....
    Yes, now you're getting it. It's called giving your customers what THEY WANT. It's called analyzing a problem then fixing it. There was much more call for basic legacy features than for a slider. Once thing at a time.

what about all the people who left for ios and android... some came back for the q physical keyboard... now all i hear about is they don't like the size of the screen...
    IMO... i love the simple design of the zed 10.. no buttons. no muss no fuss, simple and easy to use..
    What does this have to do with anything?

i have not heard or seen one thread on crackberry about some one missing the track pad.. and that they wished they could bring it back... rant over
    Then you are seriously not paying attention. So, consider your self now up to speed. People want the trackpad. (and other buttons as well). 9900 sales vs. Q10 should have been your first clue.

IMO... i love the simple design of the zed 10.. no buttons. no muss no fuss, simple and easy to use..
    It's pretty, I'll give you that. But in terms of no muss, no fuss...you forgot no speed, no speed, no speed. Nothing is simpler and easier to use than a button. (look at any plane cockpit) If you need to swing your thumb at a certain angle to change a screen then stretch it again to touch another area just to get somewhere, that is not easier than simply touching a button....that is what we call....."harder". Do that 8000 times a day and you end up with more 9900 sales that q10 sales. And that is what BlackBerry calls..."a problem". What you are now seeing is a called..."the solution".
    RJB55 likes this.
    02-25-14 08:11 AM
    Chen went up a notch in my book this week!

So will you consider buying the Q20 or does it still have BB10 cooties?
    02-25-14 08:12 AM
    So will you consider buying the Q20 or does it still have BB10 cooties?
    I'll answer that in a year and a bit when I have another upgrade, my last upgrade was wasted on the Q10.

All I can say for now is it marks the beginning of a massive u-turn at BlackBerry, anything could happen now, nothing is off the table.

02-25-14 08:17 AM
    ok if you would like...blackberry made a big mistake. imo... because...

1. With the implementation of an all touch os.. to put a physical "back button" is admitting defeat.. and also ..legacy users didn't adapt because of lack of information. not because of the track pad. and call and hang up button... waste of time... if you can't figure out how to push a call and call end button... physical keys is not your problem... i have lots of friends still using there 9900's.. not because the q doesn't have a track pad or ' tool belt' its because all the crap that has been said about bb.. and if they will still be here in a year.. and a lot have gotten used to the apps.on other os devices. and word on the street is bb doesn't have ANY...

2. they are scaring all the people who adapted because of bb10s all touch...
    all there is was chen saying we are a keyboard phone company they they are coming out with a keyboard phone... why don''t they just re release the 9900 with bb10...no promise of continued touch screen only phones..
    if you wan't the track pad they should make the space bar the track pad...simply clean and doesn't affect the interface of the os..
    3. since day one people have complained and complained about the terrible life of the z10 battery...if they were listening where is the new replacement 2500mah battery? so much for listening.. they just want to up sell a replacement and charger..

this is a ploy to get all the "legace slow coaches" to upgrade to bb10... if thats what it takes but
    call it as it is... don't say we listen.. if they listen we would have a slider by now...

what about all the people who left for ios and android... some came back for the q physical keyboard... now all i hear about is they don't like the size of the screen... i have not heard or seen one thread on crackberry about some one missing the track pad.. and that they wished they could bring it back... rant over

Sounds like you are bringing down the discussion to the level of "win or lose" proposition.
    I also believe that people who rejoiced the return of the belt (together with some core functionalities of older device) are in fact power users, who understand the in and out of various BB devices.
    Otherwise, John Chen would not have even considered this move, particularly in his first 90 days. I bet one of the first things he did was to listen to enterprise market, and quickly made a decision to return to the BB's roots. Perhaps, he knew the market reaction even before joining BBRY. Or, the situation may have actually motivated him to turn around BBRY. He must have known the crux of the problem, and knew how to fix it. tSo, I would think that it goes much deeper than "admitting the defeat", or anything of that nature. No one has been fighting any war as far as the "belt and the trackpad was concerned. Or, some BB10 users were feeling insecure about their decision to purchase and use the BB10 device?
    BB10 is fine, even though it did not sell well. I do not think legacy users look at BB10 or its users from antagonistic POV. Why do they do that? They are rejoicing for getting what they considered important to them back, and there are millions of them. That's all. Life with the BB10 goes on regardless.
    Tavro likes this.
    02-25-14 08:31 AM
    You cannot "order" users to adapt to your grand vision. Again, it's ludicrous. If they have to give up their trackpads, chances are, in the this market, they'll be happy to give up BB entirely. What does BB10 bring to the table that most of them actually care about?

And no, I have to say it one more time. Touch text selection is INHERENTLY BROKEN for many users. There is no way to fix it. I think the whole peek thing is really nice, but all-gesture is a fad.
    Ok, they can give up BB then and where does that leave them?

Yes you can force people to adapt by not making something anymore. It's pretty simple. Technology evolves. All touch input is the evolution of smartphones. Have you not seen the trend since 2007? This isn't a fad. If you thing the world is going to is going to go back to physical keys, I have a time machine I can rent you so you can port back to 2003.
    02-25-14 08:33 AM
    Maybe, people didn't adopt BB10 because it was a new OS, not because of the lack of a trakpad/belt.

Again, let's wait and see, i might be right, i might be wrong, but i really want to see if blackberry will sell more phones with the trakpad/belt!!
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-25-14 08:36 AM
    Ok, they can give up BB then and where does that leave them?
    WHAT? Why are they giving up BB? They are saving it.

Yes you can force people to adapt by not making something anymore. It's pretty simple.
    Yes, it is pretty simple. It's called increase Iphone sales. Increase Android sales. Increase WP sales. But, unfortunately, it doesn't mean increase BB sales. You do realize the sole goal of BB is to.....sell BlackBerry's....right?

Technology evolves. All touch input is the evolution of smartphones.
    Not it isn't. The only all touch phone on planet earth is made by a struggling company called BlackBerry. All the other phones have off-screen buttons of some sort. Just because you call it "the evolution of smartphones" (sounds like a TV commercial with James Earl Jones doing a voice over) doesn't mean it actually IS or that anyone actually cares.

Have you not seen the trend since 2007? This isn't a fad.
    No. No one has. Because it doesn't exist. All phones except the Z10 and Z30 have buttons of some sort. How are they selling lately?
    If you thing the world is going to is going to go back to physical keys, I have a time machine I can rent you so you can port back to 2003.
    The world never left physical keys. Just go down the phone store....look at a phone (Besides a Z10 or Z30)..and look UNDER the screen. What do you see? AH, yes, there they are.....BUTTONS.
    02-25-14 08:50 AM
    I'm in a minority on CrackBerry, in the real world ........ well, I'll let Chen explain it:

""...Today, we're delighted to announce the new BlackBerry Q20 smartphone, which is designed to give you the distinct experience that every BlackBerry QWERTY loyalist and high-productivity business customer absolutely loves. With the BlackBerry Q20 smartphone, you'll get the familiar hard buttons and trackpad that you want, along with the best email service, the best keyboard experience and the best battery life possible."

Very well said and greatly appreciated!
    deercreekmichael likes this.
    02-25-14 08:52 AM
    If this happens, both of my bosses will return to BlackBerry (from iPhones). They did not like the Q10 and the Z10 because it was harder to edit documents without the trackpad (they edit docs on the road/plane a lot), but loved the new BB10 features (BB Hub, predictive text, browser, etc.). With this device, they can have the best of both worlds on one device. And most importantly, they have A CHOICE.
    RJB55 likes this.
    02-25-14 08:56 AM
657 ... 1112131415 ...