I don't think so, BB7 came out 3 years ago, most are already out of contract, plus BBOS still outsells BB10 3:1

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    Probably because it is still cheaper than a BB10 phone perhaps?

I have a good number of friends who don't even want a BB10 phone (probably because they haven't used it), complaining about the trackpad, freezes and lack of apps. Bad marketing has not shown how awesome BB10 is. And adding a trackpad to a new product line that is supposed to have moved on to big and better things is not a good sight for existing, disgruntled users. How do you convince them to move on when you're presenting them with some of the features they hate?
    02-25-14 04:06 AM
    I think it'll be polarizing IF future touchscreens also may possibly come in a single flavour: the belt attached.
    fixed that for you
    02-25-14 04:09 AM
    Probably because it is still cheaper than a BB10 phone perhaps?

I have a good number of friends who don't even want a BB10 phone (probably because they haven't used it), complaining about the trackpad, freezes and lack of apps. Bad marketing has not shown how awesome BB10 is. And adding a trackpad to a new product line that is supposed to have moved on to big and better things is not a good sight for existing, disgruntled users. How do you convince them to move on when you're presenting them with some of the features they hate?
    Your friends might not be entirely happy with their BBOS devices and let's face it, who is, but what device is in their hands? A BBOS device that still brings BB revenue.

02-25-14 04:16 AM
    Ha! I Told You So!

When I heard about this, the first thing I did was to look for your post.

And here you are. :-P

Posted from my awesome Q10 via CB10.
    sallenthornton likes this.
    02-25-14 04:31 AM
    When I heard about this, the first thing I did was to look for your post.

And here you are. :-P

I'm now waiting for the "99% don't care about the trackpad" comments coming back lol

sallenthornton likes this.
    02-25-14 04:38 AM
    I would welcome this for these reasons, COPY, PASTE and SELECTING text. Yep...
    allwi likes this.
    02-25-14 04:40 AM
    I'm now waiting for the "99% don't care about the trackpad" comments coming back lol

Well, I'll likely buy it because, well, it's a BlackBerry and what I learned from the Z10 vs the Q10 is that, FOR ME, a BlackBerry isn't a BlackBerry without a physical keyboard. Remember, I said FOR ME.

But....I don't know how I'll use it. Don't know if I'll use the trackpad. I love the Q10 as is.

02-25-14 04:43 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/general...ck-not-909123/

People who DON'T want the track pad and buttons back are the convincing majority here on CB.

Posted via CB10 with Z30 on 10.2.1.2141
    Omnitech likes this.
    02-25-14 04:45 AM
    The trackpad will also support an integrated fingerprint scanner.
    Well, I'll likely buy it because, well, it's a BlackBerry and what I learned from the Z10 vs the Q10 is that, FOR ME, a BlackBerry isn't a BlackBerry without a physical keyboard. Remember, I said FOR ME.

But....I don't know how I'll use it. Don't know if I'll use the trackpad. I love the Q10 as is.

Look down at your Q10 and imagine it without the bottom band obscuring the screen. I think the rest of the belt buttons are even more important then the trackpad.

The trackpad will also support an integrated fingerprint scanner.
    I don't think blackberry will ever do that.

02-25-14 04:46 AM

Without those buttons and trackpad, the screen could have been bigger. Just think about that.

02-25-14 04:46 AM
    I don't think blackberry will ever do that.
    Agreed.

The front facing camera will support an integrated iris scanner?
    02-25-14 04:47 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/general...ck-not-909123/

People who DON'T want the track pad and buttons back are the convincing majority here on CB.

CrackBerry members are very unrepresentative of the majority of BlackBerry users. BBOS users vastly outnumber BB10 users yet on CB it's the other way around.

Anilu7 likes this.
    02-25-14 04:48 AM
    Look down at your Q10 and imagine it without the bottom band obscuring the screen. I think the rest of the belt buttons are even more important then the trackpad.

I'll see....like I said, I'll buy it because I LOVE this Q and I'll buy the next iteration. But I honestly don't miss the trackpad and I don't know if I'll use it even if it's there.

I'll see....

02-25-14 04:48 AM
    I'll see....like I said, I'll buy it because I LOVE this Q and I'll buy the next iteration. But I honestly don't miss the trackpad and I don't know if I'll use it even if it's there.

I'll see....

I understand that but I'm 100% sure you will use the other belt buttons if you have them.

02-25-14 04:50 AM
    Without those buttons and trackpad, the screen could have been bigger. Just think about that.

I know.

I'm not saying I won't buy the device. I'm saying I just don't *need* a trackpad. I'm blissfully happy with my Q10 as is. Haven't been this happy with a BlackBerry since my 9700.

02-25-14 04:50 AM
    Agreed.

The front facing camera will support an integrated iris scanner?
    Lmao, I hope not.

02-25-14 04:51 AM
    I understand that but I'm 100% sure you will use the other belt buttons if you have them.

I'll see.

02-25-14 04:51 AM
    re-introducing 4 buttons and a trackpad? re-introducing 5 things that could easily develop a fault? remember the 'squishy' or 'squeaky' feel those things gave out? nah thanks.
    Shadowyugi likes this.
    02-25-14 04:59 AM
    Your friends might not be entirely happy with their BBOS devices and let's face it, who is, but what device is in their hands? A BBOS device that still brings BB revenue.

You can't really use that as an indication for BB revenue though.. They are not buying new BB devices, they are just sticking to the old ones that they have had for a while now while planning their next upgrade to a different phone.
    I have no issue with the trackpad cos I'm still using a curve and I have a bold 9900 somewhere in my bag. But I have used both the Z10 and the Q10 (my sister has one) and I fail, for the life of me, to see how a trackpad will fit within the BB10 ecosystem.

The only marketable feature that remains with the inclusion of the trackpad is the hub (which could work as a hub button and would be mad cool) but thats about it. The gesture-based movement that BB10 was built around becomes more or less unnecessary and might be seen as a gimmick by the average BBOS user who hasn't been following the development of BB10
    02-25-14 05:20 AM
    CrackBerry members are very unrepresentative of the majority of BlackBerry users. BBOS users vastly outnumber BB10 users yet on CB it's the other way around.

You don't have any proofs to backup your claim here.

People who own a BBOS device seldom choose to own a BBOS device. People who own a BB10 device usually choose to own a BB10 device.

Nothing prevents a BBOS user to login to CB and join the conversation. The reason that they are few, are because they are indeed few. Even though they own BBOS devices, they don't love their devices as much as BB10 users do, so they don't talk about it, some even felt embarrassed about it, they are not addicted to it. That alone proves that the legacy BlackBerry devices are inferior than BB10 devices. That?s why it's beyond me why BlackBerry wants to waste its resources on things like this. They could have made a sexy phone that everyone wants to buy. As Chris said, the tolerance to mediocrity in BlackBerry is mind blowing.

While there are still more BBOS users out there, it doesn't mean there are more people like BBOS design better than BB10 design.

If we look at even bigger picture, the people who choose to own a device without those BlackBerry trackpad and buttons, including the ones choosing iPhone and Android, are again majority among smart phone users. So why?

02-25-14 05:40 AM
    The diminishing number of BBOS threads/users in CB reflects the diminishing passion towards BBOS devices.

These conversations here are all driven by passion. The fact that there are little discussion about BBOS than BB10 while BBOS users out numbers BB10 users speaks volume.

kbz1960 likes this.
    02-25-14 05:45 AM
    ^^^ THIS! ^^^^
    02-25-14 05:45 AM
    You don't have any proofs to backup your claim here.

People who own a BBOS device seldom choose to own a BBOS device. People who own a BB10 device usually choose to own a BB10 device.

Nothing prevents a BBOS user to login to CB and join the conversation. The reason that they are few, are because they are indeed few. Even though they own BBOS devices, they don't love their devices as much as BB10 users do, so they don't talk about it, some even felt embarrassed about it, they are not addicted to it. That alone proves that the legacy BlackBerry devices are inferior than BB10 devices. That?s why it's beyond me why BlackBerry wants to waste its resources on things like this. They could have made a sexy phone that everyone wants to buy. As Chris said, the tolerance to mediocrity in BlackBerry is mind blowing.

While there are still more BBOS users out there, it doesn't mean there are more people like BBOS design better than BB10 design.

If we look at even bigger picture, the people who choose to own a device without those BlackBerry trackpad and buttons, including the ones choosing iPhone and Android, are again majority among smart phone users. So why?

Ok, I'll ask you this, what is there to see, do or talk about for a BBOS user on CB? It's all about BB10. Why would a BBOS user visit CB anymore?

Anilu7 likes this.
    02-25-14 05:46 AM
657 ... 1011121314 ...