This is my idea.
    I think track-pad ise more useful than s pen.
    First of all some people are complaining about track pad, they think its old phones features.
    But dont forget before note series people thought stylus pens are old technology. (remember resistive phones).
    i think track pad is very smart features and its better than s-pen.
    1)If your phone has s-pen, that phone must be big. 5.7 inc display is too big.With 5.7 inc you cant use your phone with one hand.
    2) If your phone has s pen you must pull it to use than push it back to its position. This means too much action.
    Think about this. You write something wrong, you want to change middle letter you have to drag your pen, point to middle letter fix mistake and put s-pen original position. With trackpad just drag it with your thump and fix wrong letter. Much easier.
    3)S-pen gives you some hand writting features. Hand writtig is good, but if your phone has real keyboard you dont need hand writting, you can type more fast with real keyboard.
    4)You may lost or broke your s-pen. But trackpad is always same position.
    In sum, trackpad can offer almost same features with s-pen with minimal and more compact desing.
    Probably you cant draw something with trackpad but this is eventually a business phone.
    What you think.
    02-21-15 08:36 AM
    It all comes down to use and preference. If you have a business and your phone can process credit card transactions you can use the pen to get the customer's signature.

I don't need the pen. I'm happy with the trackpad.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 12:02 PM
    Very very good points which blackberry should use it to highlight the productivity aspects of classic. I feel sad that blackberry is bad in marketing like they haven't even highlighted the blackberry blend as a USP of classic and definitely it's not a gimmicky stuff but a real sophisticated advanced and modern feature by blackberry which they should advertise as an feature along with products explaining how it's features benefit and is advantageous by showing evidence.

Just look at apple how they sold the NFC factor like a big invention incorporated in ip6 and that's marketing!!!

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    02-21-15 10:08 PM
    I am using Classic. My wife's father is using Q5 which I gave him for his birthday 6 months ago, after he was using Curve for a year or so. Today he asked me to check something and when I needed to scroll down through settings, I started by searching for a trackpad on his Q5. And that's after 2 years with BB10 without trackpad. I say that I agree with OP that trackpad is better than S-pen, because I had Note1 and went back to 9900 after couple of weeks with Note.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 10:27 PM
    Well I have two devices and the S-Pen is still in a league of its own. I just prefer a tactile entry for text email and bbm. I don't care for an all touch screen device. But the S-Pen and the trackpad serve two different purposes

Sent from my: SM-N910T/SQC100-4 PIN:2BFE4937 T-Mobile 4G LTE Facebook.com/UnFazedRebel
    02-22-15 12:15 AM
    This is my idea.
    I think track-pad ise more useful than s pen.
    First of all some people are complaining about track pad, they think its old phones features.
    But dont forget before note series people thought stylus pens are old technology. (remember resistive phones).
    i think track pad is very smart features and its better than s-pen.
    1)If your phone has s-pen, that phone must be big. 5.7 inc display is too big.With 5.7 inc you cant use your phone with one hand.
    2) If your phone has s pen you must pull it to use than push it back to its position. This means too much action.
    Think about this. You write something wrong, you want to change middle letter you have to drag your pen, point to middle letter fix mistake and put s-pen original position. With trackpad just drag it with your thump and fix wrong letter. Much easier.
    3)S-pen gives you some hand writting features. Hand writtig is good, but if your phone has real keyboard you dont need hand writting, you can type more fast with real keyboard.
    4)You may lost or broke your s-pen. But trackpad is always same position.
    In sum, trackpad can offer almost same features with s-pen with minimal and more compact desing.
    Probably you cant draw something with trackpad but this is eventually a business phone.
    What you think.
    You DO realize before BlackBerry stylus existed in just about every product right?

Compaq iPaq
    Palm II/III/IIIc/m505/m515/
    Handspring
    LG and Casio Cassiopia.... etc?!

Productivity in the PIN devices was a paramount and the forefather of BlackBerry - hence why BlackBerry still rules with PIM.

Also BlackBerry wasn't lays thinking 3 dimensionally:
    TrackWheel
    Trackball (due to SideKick)
    TrackPad
    Touch! They ONLY returned to the trackpad for those to weak to adjust. The function can and SHOULD be replaced with the he technology from the BlackBerry Passport. So.much more expensive.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 12:43 AM
    Great post, clearly stating "I think". Because numbers reflect otherwise.
    02-22-15 12:54 AM
    Eh it's more personal preference. If I had the choice I'd always use my surface

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 01:11 AM
    [QUOTE. The function can and SHOULD be replaced with the he technology from the BlackBerry Passport. So.much more expensive.

I agree with this. And, as a Passport user, I still miss the full functionality of the trackpad at times. As 'accurate' as the capacitive keyboard is, I really wish that more functionality gets added to it. The fact that the trackpad was also a button still requires some innovation for the capacitive keyboard to mimic. I really hope that by the end of the Passport's life we see more added to it. Primarily missing for me is the ability to copy, cut, and paste text without needing to touch the screen.

Posted via CB10[/QUOTE]

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    02-22-15 02:04 AM
    I don't think both entry methods can be compared directly. Just like it is hard to compare a stylus and a mouse on a traditional desktop computer - both have their use and benefits.
    In general, I'd like to have a trackpad on virtually every device, I also think it's great Samsung brought back the classic stylus from the ashes and would also like more companies would be starting to make good use of it.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 03:54 AM
    those are my subjective ideas.
    I just want to think differently.
    i bellieve this technology (trackpad) has a future.
    Compare s-pen in note 1 and s-pen in note 4.
    With time samsung improved s-pen features.
    I believe blackberry should improve trackpad features with time.
    Lets imagine:
    you prepared power point presentation on your lap top and tomorrow you will present it in your office.
    You came to office and transfered presentation in your classic.
    Then you connected your bb classic to projection device. (wireless prefered)
    while you are presenting your subject you can switch between slayts with just clinking trackpad button. Just like a mouse.
    Another scenario blackberry may invent a technology you can connect your classic as a mouse to any computer.
    With this technology you can swith power point slayts just clicking trackpad button or with track pad mouse cursor you can show something in presentation with trackpad.
    I believe this trackpad technology has a promising features especially with office programs.
    Blackberry should combine track pad features and office programs in future.
    with good advertisement programs bb shoud these techs widely known.
    02-22-15 09:11 AM