BB Fans after having my BB Classic for nearly a month, I am disappointed that there are several issues that need to be resolved immediately with OS 10. I have started a Top Ten list of issues and features that need to be addressed immediately. Please chime in as many of you have the same issues or know of some that I haven't discovered yet. Now here are my Top Ten:

1. Unable to a complete Synch with BB Link, according to BB tech support the issue comes from pictures that are attached to a contact or a Linked In account. We didn't have this issue with BB OS7.

2. Unable to attach a contact to a text message, error shows contact acnnot be shared.

3. Unable to attach a contact to an e-mail, error shows contact cannot be shared.

4. BB Protect doesn't back up and restore as it did in OS7.

5. BB Protect doesn't locate, display a message or play a sound when you are roaming on another network as it did in OS7. It will only locate on your home network, but it won't perform the other features as it did in OS7.

6. When you search for an e-mail, it takes over 10 seconds and it replys "no results". Go to web based e-mail account and perform the same search and the e-mail is found in seconds. OS7 did this well.

7. BB tech support needs to get better, but part of the problem is that they don't have solutions for our concerns.

8. You cannot forward part of a conversion, it will only forward the complete conversation.

9. You cannot bcc yourself to enable you to keep a copy of an e-mail.

10. an e-mail icon needs to be seperate from hub as text messages are, because it takes to long to get to e-mails when accessing them from the hub.

Please everyone chime in as we need to develop a list of our Top Ten issues and features that we desire in our BB10 devices. BB should listen to us as many of us are loyal to BB and want to see BB survive, improve and grow.
    acovey, TomTrocc and snoopin001 like this.
    04-21-15 11:17 PM
    Text messages/sms is for text only and does not handle attachments, this is not a BlackBerry issue

MMS on the other hand, can have attachments such as vcf file, which BlackBerry 10 supports. But, many carriers and networks does not handle MMS good, especially when sending to other networks.. not a BlackBerry specific issue..

Bcc to yourself works just fine,
    Not automatic, but with BES you can.
    Some SMTP servers also supports storing mails, , and with gmail it is also possible to set up filters that can achieve what you look for

Forward of mail does of course copy the whole conversation, that's what forward is used for to forward a mail, But, with bb10 you Can delete however much you want from the mail Before sending it,.. so yes, you Can forward parts of mail..

If you only want to send a part, the correct way to do that, would be to first open the mail you want to copy from, select the text, and while selected simply choose to Share, pick the correct email, and your partly mail is sent...

Protect, require data services as far as I know, and as long as you get data services /bb connection when roaming, protect will also work..

Roaming data is also something that don't always work to well, but is again a carrier issue and not BlackBerry. Voice roaming and data roaming are two different things.

Not sure I understand the email in hub issue, my emails are instantly available, and also quick to jump between different accounts if u need to.
    thymaster likes this.
    04-21-15 11:51 PM
    That is so weird that all of those things don't work for you.

1. Unable to a complete Synch with BB Link, according to BB tech support the issue comes from pictures that are attached to a contact or a Linked In account. We didn't have this issue with BB OS7.
    Works fine for me.

2. Unable to attach a contact to a text message, error shows contact acnnot be shared.
    Works fine for me.

3. Unable to attach a contact to an e-mail, error shows contact cannot be shared.
    Works fine for me.

Haven't tried this.

5. BB Protect doesn't locate, display a message or play a sound when you are roaming on another network as it did in OS7. It will only locate on your home network, but it won't perform the other features as it did in OS7.
    Haven't tried this.

6. When you search for an e-mail, it takes over 10 seconds and it replys "no results". Go to web based e-mail account and perform the same search and the e-mail is found in seconds. OS7 did this well.
    Works fine for me.

7. BB tech support needs to get better, but part of the problem is that they don't have solutions for our concerns.
    Haven't had to call them yet, but I don't doubt it.

8. You cannot forward part of a conversion, it will only forward the complete conversation.
    True, but it's easy enough to select and delete the portion you don't want to share after. It's either you select first or select second, ultimately it's pretty much the same.

Why not? I just did it right now, it didn't stop me from adding myself to the cc list...

10. an e-mail icon needs to be seperate from hub as text messages are, because it takes to long to get to e-mails when accessing them from the hub.
    Swipe to the left of the hub (swipe right while in hub) and select the email account...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    shahyaz likes this.
    04-22-15 07:05 AM
    Sounds to me like you need an OS update.
    04-22-15 07:39 AM
    Text messages/sms is for text only and does not handle attachments, this is not a BlackBerry issue

MMS on the other hand, can have attachments such as vcf file, which BlackBerry 10 supports. But, many carriers and networks does not handle MMS good, especially when sending to other networks.. not a BlackBerry specific issue..

Bcc to yourself works just fine,
    Not automatic, but with BES you can.
    Some SMTP servers also supports storing mails, , and with gmail it is also possible to set up filters that can achieve what you look for

Forward of mail does of course copy the whole conversation, that's what forward is used for to forward a mail, But, with bb10 you Can delete however much you want from the mail Before sending it,.. so yes, you Can forward parts of mail..

If you only want to send a part, the correct way to do that, would be to first open the mail you want to copy from, select the text, and while selected simply choose to Share, pick the correct email, and your partly mail is sent...

Protect, require data services as far as I know, and as long as you get data services /bb connection when roaming, protect will also work..

Roaming data is also something that don't always work to well, but is again a carrier issue and not BlackBerry. Voice roaming and data roaming are two different things.

Not sure I understand the email in hub issue, my emails are instantly available, and also quick to jump between different accounts if u need to.
    Second all of the above. All features work well for me. Except the back up in Protect. Not supported on the BB10.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-15 10:03 AM
    That is so weird that all of those things don't work for you.

Works fine for me.

Works fine for me.

Works fine for me.

Haven't tried this.

Haven't tried this.

Works fine for me.

Haven't had to call them yet, but I don't doubt it.

True, but it's easy enough to select and delete the portion you don't want to share after. It's either you select first or select second, ultimately it's pretty much the same.

Why not? I just did it right now, it didn't stop me from adding myself to the cc list...

Swipe to the left of the hub (swipe right while in hub) and select the email account...

Yup. What he said above.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-15 10:05 AM
    Only these 10 things?

According to my count the number of issues if closer to 100.

My headline would be: 100 reasons why a diehard Blackberry fan won't switch from OS7 to OS10.

I'm happy for every user who is willing or able to keep up with the massive inefficiencies of an entirely inmature OS10.

But that's not me.

As far as I'm concerned OS10 in it's current version is not even beta testing stage ready.
    Keyboard Kultist likes this.
    04-22-15 10:37 AM
    Only these 10 things?

According to my count the number of issues if closer to 100.

My headline would be: 100 reasons why a diehard Blackberry fan won't switch from OS7 to OS10.

I'm happy for every user who is willing or able to keep up with the massive inefficiencies of an entirely inmature OS10.

But that's not me.

As far as I'm concerned OS10 in it's current version is not even beta testing stage ready.
    Seriously?

Have you even used BB10 for any length of time?

Posted via CB10
    TripNFry and thymaster like this.
    04-22-15 10:52 AM
    The Top 10 things that BB need to fix right away-statlerandwaldorf-2-.jpg

Posted via my awesome Classic
    04-22-15 11:22 AM
    I have only one: BlackBerry can't fix stupid.

Posted via CB10
    Pdinos3 and conite like this.
    04-22-15 11:25 AM
    Seriously?

Have you even used BB10 for any length of time?

Posted via CB10
    No.

I'm old and inflexible and I need to be told by people how have no idea about me or what I do and what I use the phone for, that I have to try new things.

I'm glad it works for you though.
    04-22-15 11:27 AM
    I have only one: BlackBerry can't fix stupid.

Posted via CB10
    Reloading your OS should fix it.

Via CB10 Rockin PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.500
    tdyhedge and conite like this.
    04-22-15 11:30 AM
    No.

I'm old and inflexible and I need to be told by people how have no idea about me or what I do and what I use the phone for, that I have to try new things.

I liked my pearl 8100 too, but you can't compare BlackBerry 10 to OS7.

Via CB10 Rockin PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.500
    04-22-15 11:31 AM
    No.

I get that but you must have difficulty in a lot of areas where it isn't like it use to be. Seems many things aren't.
    04-22-15 11:32 AM
    No.

Ah, so glad you know all about it with all of that experience. Thanks for your input. :-)

04-22-15 11:41 AM
    The hub issue can be changed in your settings. You have the option to not send emails to hub.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-15 11:51 AM
    I liked my pearl 8100 too, but you can't compare BlackBerry 10 to OS7.
    Thanks. But you can compare OS10 with iOS.

For me OS10 is like iOS, except that iOS is something that actually works.

So at this point of time, I'd rather get an iPhone than some cheaply made incomplete iPhone imitation with a slapped on keyboard that is still waiting for dozens and dozens of patches to work like it should.
    Keyboard Kultist likes this.
    04-22-15 11:52 AM

So at this point of time, I'd rather get an iPhone than some cheaply made incomplete iPhone imitation with a slapped on keyboard that is still waiting for dozens and dozens of patches to work like it should.
    Uh no, you cannot compare BB10 with iOS. And I bet there would be a whole forum of people on the iMore forums that would agree.

Sounds like you need an iPhone, or whatever phone works for you.
    04-22-15 12:07 PM

Then get a i-sheep...get happy with it... and go on with your life. And let us be...

04-22-15 12:38 PM

Yah, it's nothing at all like iOS, but anyway, you obviously know better since you've never tried it. I went from legacy BB devices to BB10, what the heck would I know?

04-22-15 12:40 PM
    Then get a i-sheep...get happy with it... and go on with your life. And let us be...
    how about iOStrich for you? Along with a box of sand, Netflix app and a sign with your motto "let us be".

How disfunctional has any new Blackberry phone has to be in order to be regarded as unusable garbage?
    04-22-15 01:00 PM
    If reloading or upgrading the OS doesn't work, try reloading or upgrading the user. Sometimes the user can be a real pain in the a$$ to fix. If that doesn't work, trade the user in for a less b!tchy model. That generally fixes most issues.

The Classic
    TripNFry and Morten like this.
    04-22-15 01:01 PM
    OK please stop with the iSheep crap and WES51 can think what he wants. It's only his opinion, it's not everyone is going to automatically take on his opinion. If you want to change his mind how about showing him how to do what he wants if he actually asks any questions besides saying it's garbage or just put him on ignore.
    thymaster likes this.
    04-22-15 01:04 PM
    If reloading or upgrading the OS doesn't work, try reloading or upgrading the user. Sometimes the user can be a real pain in the a$$ to fix. If that doesn't work, trade the user in for a less b!tchy model. That generally fixes most issues.

The Classic
    Lol

04-22-15 01:06 PM
    OK please stop with the iSheep crap and WES51 can think what he wants. It's only his opinion, it's not everyone is going to automatically take on his opinion. If you want to change his mind how about showing him how to do what he wants if he actually asks any questions besides saying it's garbage or just put him on ignore.
    I get your point...
    What i meant was: if you are so negative about BlackBerry, then please leave us alone.. and buy the phone you want ( iPhone :P)

Sure... everyone has a right to his/her opinion. But saying this �s garbage and honestly don't like the bb10 then that's no opinion imo.

Better?

But enough said about this..

kbz1960 likes this.
    04-22-15 01:18 PM
33 12