Have had my Classic now since Dec 25th and I am finding that I rarely even use the tool belt buttons or trackpad. I look at the 'space' it takes up on my phone and can't help thinking that could be extra screen real estate. I'm coming over from a Q10 and Z10 (use both) and totally love the Q10, which I use the most. Wondering if any others on the Classic are finding less love for the tool belt than they thought they would?

Posted via CB10
    01-18-15 12:27 PM
    Have had my Classic now since Dec 25th and I am finding that I rarely even use the tool belt buttons or trackpad. I look at the 'space' it takes up on my phone and can't help thinking that could be extra screen real estate. I'm coming over from a Q10 and Z10 (use both) and totally love the Q10, which I use the most. Wondering if any others on the Classic are finding less love for the tool belt than they thought they would?

Posted via CB10
    Sans a larger keyboard and screen the tool belt is the only thing different between the q10 and the q20. Look at the model numbers lol it goes up one single digit😂 . The whole point of getting a q20 over the q10 is to use the tool belt

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet; Note 4, Classic 2BFBBCE3, T-Mobile LTE. "I Am " Je Be Facebook.com/UnFazedRebel
    01-18-15 12:57 PM
    When I first got my Z10 I wanted it to have a toolbelt. But after a day of using the gesture based OS I didn't miss the toolbelt anymore. With the 10.2.1update the text selection was much improved which made the trackpad even less needed or desired. Then I got a Q10 and thought about how it was missing the toolbelt. Again I noticed how the toolbelt wasn't necessary with BBOS10. I wouldn't have minded a toolbelt on the Q10, but it isn't necessary.

That being said, I love the toolbelt on my Classic. It just feels right on a keyboard device. Because OS10 is great the toolbelt really isn't necessary, but it just brings back the feel and use of the 9900. And there is a good feeling when actually pressing down on a button to make or end a call or to move around in the OS.

The trackpad minimizes your thumb movements since you just need to move your thumb a few millimeters to reach anything on the screen. I also like the toolbelt because I grew up with physical button phones (flip phones, candy bar, BlackBerry), and I am accustomed to pressing those buttons.

In short, toolbelt is not necessary on a BBOS10 device, but it is very helpful. It all comes down to preference.

Posted via CB10
    andy957 and niftymu like this.
    01-18-15 01:00 PM
    I'd sure like your trackpad features for the Passport keyboard!

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2072
    01-18-15 01:00 PM
    I think for someone already accustomed to the gestures in BB10, the only advantage of the toolbelt is more accurate selecting, cutting, and pasting.

But for others coming from a BBOS device, it offers the comfort of familiarity - allowing you to ease into the gestures at your own pace.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1949
    jas1978, scywin and niftymu like this.
    01-18-15 01:06 PM
    01-18-15 01:07 PM