In another thread it was asked what the future would be regarding toolbelt or the q10 style.

I am thinking that perhaps the best use of space would be to but a tool belt below the keyboard at the bottom of thr phone. The reasons for this is that first it keeps the phone more in balance with the keyboard and also keeps a more seamless experience for those that like the q10 style.

I think the classic design is great for now, but as BBOS users get used to BB10 this might be a better way to go.

This could take a quarter inch off the top of the unit, or make the screen larger, perhaps going to a 4x3 ratio.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 10:25 PM
    If you didn't understand, I am sugesting that tool belt be in the space between the keyboard and the bottom of the phone.
    There would be almost no bezel in between.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 10:26 PM
    It's different, and I don't think it's a bad idea at all. I kind of like the toolbelt where they put it is because it is at "thumb level" when you're holding the phone naturally. But if there is enough demand for something like that out there, then I can't think of why that couldn't be done...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Bluenoser63 likes this.
    11-12-14 11:01 PM
    Yes, I do think the most natural position for the trackpad is where it is now.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-14 06:14 AM
    If you didn't understand, I am sugesting that tool belt be in the space between the keyboard and the bottom of the phone.
    There would be almost no bezel in between.

Posted via CB10
    Not an ergonomic design. It's a phone function and the buttons would be too far down to use properly.
    11-13-14 06:30 AM
    Not an ergonomic design. It's a phone function and the buttons would be too far down to use properly.
    To be fair, it'll be like the old legacy BB touchscreen phones without keyboards... The Torch was it? Or maybe Storm, I forgot which was the slider and which was the all-touch with a toolbelt...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    11-13-14 09:32 AM
    The torch had a slider version and an all touch. Both had the toolbelt at the bottom, through the slider would have it in the normal position when opened up.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-14 06:01 PM