While I'm glad that BlackBerry decided to put the tool belt back for this device, it got me thinking of how this was placed on the device itself in relation to the gestures, see below:

Tool belt and Gestures-crackberry-image.jpg
    Disregard the red circle, was able to find this image on Google search. So credits to the owner!

Given the placement of the tool belt, it seems like there is little space to comfortably execute the peek and swiping up to go back to the home screen. I feel that there's a chance to accidentally hit the trackpad upon swiping up.

I know the company might have their ways on a work around since the tool belt might be used for that but BB10 gestures are a big part of the experience.

Has anyone tried the gestures for the classic? What do you think?

Posted via CB10
    07-01-14 09:54 AM
    While I'm glad that BlackBerry decided to put the tool belt back for this device, it got me thinking of how this was placed on the device itself in relation to the gestures, see below:

Disregard the red circle, was able to find this image on Google search. So credits to the owner!

Given the placement of the tool belt, it seems like there is little space to comfortably execute the peek and swiping up to go back to the home screen. I feel that there's a chance to accidentally hit the trackpad upon swiping up.

I know the company might have their ways on a work around since the tool belt might be used for that but BB10 gestures are a big part of the experience.

Has anyone tried the gestures for the classic? What do you think?

Posted via CB10
    At this point if they have... it was on a very early OS Build - and they are under a DND.
    07-01-14 10:03 AM
    At this point if they have... it was on a very early OS Build - and they are under a DND.
    Oh yeah, most probably. I'll wait for more device leaks then.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-14 10:08 AM
    I can see how that is an issue, but I rarely swipe in the middle its usually more to the side. So we'll see I guess.
    07-01-14 11:10 AM
    They turned the virtual phone key into a "Hub" key, that may mean that gestures are dead on the Classic.

Makes sense because when scrolling up on the trackpad, I can see how someone could activate the "swipe up" by accident and that could be annoying.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-14 11:19 AM
    LMAO! That red circle was my doing. I also found that image searching online, and drew the circle to point something out to someone on this forum. It's funny now my altered image is showing up on the search results too...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10?
    07-01-14 12:38 PM
    They turned the virtual phone key into a "Hub" key, that may mean that gestures are dead on the Classic.

Posted via CB10
    I doubt that they will kill gestures for the classic. People are already use to peeking it's one of bb10 strongest points.
    07-01-14 02:45 PM
    I doubt that they will kill gestures for the classic. People are already use to peeking it's one of bb10 strongest points.
    I hope they don't take out gestures as well since those are awesome features and just efficient.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-14 07:44 PM
    What about the track pad being used for the gestures?

Posted via CrackBerry App
    07-01-14 09:03 PM
    What about the track pad being used for the gestures?

Posted via CrackBerry App
    How will you peek with it? Scroll up?

Posted via CB10
    07-02-14 03:05 AM