Ugh, this is frustrating. For those who don't understand the desire for the tool belt, let me bring up this real-world example. Just the other day, I had to make a lot of phone calls. And OMG it was such a pain needing to actually look at my phone every time I want to hit call or hit end call. I was also driving so it was starting to become a hazard but I was in a big rush. Several times I had to touch the end call icon more than once before it registers. Once it took three tries. Same with the call, calling back the previous number required me to look at the screen to touch the appropriate icon twice, while with the buttons I could simply press the send key twice by feel and know it's calling back the last number in the call log without once taking my eyes off the road...

Now I'm not advocating doing things on your phone while driving, but you must be naive to think that need will never come up in your day to day... And it would have been so much safer had it been with physical buttons that only takes one try to work all of the time and that you can press purely by feel without ever having to look at the phone.

I am excited for the trackpad too, but honestly I am more eager to get the physical call and hangup button...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    rai187, antikorr, Atmarix and 2 others like this.
    04-15-14 02:02 AM
    I agree. I literally need a tool belt. I hate using touch screen with a passion. This device needs to arrive asap and it better be designed effin well or else I'm gonna switch back to BB7. I just can't handle the frustrations of a touch screen at times.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-14 02:14 AM
    My problem is the opposite. I make 50 million unintended phone calls a day. As well as photos.

I guess that is the difference between Z10 and Q10. But regardless I felt you guys. And for me selecting cutting and pasting text was all easier on my 98810.

I would very much like a slider to keep a nice big screen but give me the keys and belt.

via CB10 using a Z10 / STL100-3 / RFK121LW / 10.2.1.2234 / T-Mobile USA
    04-15-14 02:33 AM
    So bcuz you're reckless and can't do something that's against the law BlackBerry needs to put this out sooner and a Q isn't good enough lol really? Cmon maaaaan. I get it tho at the same time, just scroll and hit send. Typing on the Q10 is better then any bold I ever had
    Danow11 likes this.
    04-15-14 02:50 AM
    IMO BlackBerry should make the Q5 and Q10 end of line and bring them back with the belt and trackpad. Why did they leave them off in the first place. Its wasted screen space. Everything on the screen is on top of each other and oversized.
    04-15-14 03:06 AM
    Ugh, this is frustrating. For those who don't understand the desire for the tool belt, let me bring up this real-world example. Just the other day, I had to make a lot of phone calls. And OMG it was such a pain needing to actually look at my phone every time I want to hit call or hit end call. I was also driving so it was starting to become a hazard but I was in a big rush. Several times I had to touch the end call icon more than once before it registers. Once it took three tries. Same with the call, calling back the previous number required me to look at the screen to touch the appropriate icon twice, while with the buttons I could simply press the send key twice by feel and know it's calling back the last number in the call log without once taking my eyes off the road...

Now I'm not advocating doing things on your phone while driving, but you must be naive to think that need will never come up in your day to day... And it would have been so much safer had it been with physical buttons that only takes one try to work all of the time and that you can press purely by feel without ever having to look at the phone.

I am excited for the trackpad too, but honestly I am more eager to get the physical call and hangup button...

When I'm driving and need to answer or make a call, I use the speaker phone. Its the same as using handsfree.
    04-15-14 03:10 AM
    For myself the all touch is fine. My family refuse to leave BB7 and the tool belt. For so many the choice is very clear. Having an option would be good for BlackBerry future.

Via CB10. Bits, C000C6078 for links to science and technology posts and world news.
    04-15-14 05:15 AM
    Yeah, can't wait for the return of the trackpad and utility keys too! For me, what I miss most is the precision and speed of selecting, cutting, and pasting text.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-14 09:23 AM
    So bcuz you're reckless and can't do something that's against the law BlackBerry needs to put this out sooner and a Q isn't good enough lol really? Cmon maaaaan. I get it tho at the same time, just scroll and hit send. Typing on the Q10 is better then any bold I ever had
    Well, hopefully after you learn how to type one one you can learn how to read as well.

04-15-14 10:44 AM
    My problem is the opposite. I make 50 million unintended phone calls a day. As well as photos.

I guess that is the difference between Z10 and Q10. But regardless I felt you guys. And for me selecting cutting and pasting text was all easier on my 98810.

I would very much like a slider to keep a nice big screen but give me the keys and belt.

via CB10 using a Z10 / STL100-3 / RFK121LW / 10.2.1.2234 / T-Mobile USA
    I hope if there is enough of a demand for a slider that they would eventually make one too. I personally do not like the extra step to slide out the keyboard. I like the keyboard being always there. And I also couldn't care less about having a "big" screen because to me, all mobile screens are too small for media, 3" - 6" it makes no difference to me. So as long as it's adequate for me to use as a communication device, that's all I need. But I still wish BB would have options for everyone, so a slider would be cool.

04-15-14 10:48 AM
    When I'm driving and need to answer or make a call, I use the speaker phone. Its the same as using handsfree.
    Well, you still need to answer the call first right? With the physical pick up button you could do that without ever taking your eyes off the road, and pressing the button for speakerphone on the keyboard (the $ key). So the entire process can be done without looking if they had the toolbelt.

04-15-14 10:50 AM
    Basically, what I just read was that you'd like the tool belt back so it can assist you in doing something that is dangerous and illegal (at least around here).
    04-15-14 11:00 AM
    Well, hopefully after you learn how to type one one you can learn how to read as well.

No matter what your opinion is, there is someone who's going to try and bring mayhem into your thread, it's better to ignore them because otherwise it'll bring more.

Anyways, I also NEED the tool belt, and BADLY! Copying and pasting with touchscreens is a drag, plus I still find BlackBerry all touch text selection sluggish. The circle doesn't always pop, and many times the phone start selecting words or entire lines instead of the circle coming out, and it's extremely frustrating because with the tool belt it's a breeze, extremely easy.

Lately I'm loving the all touch BlackBerry phone, but man, I'm not as productive with it as when I had my 9930. I used to type long emails to my boss, spell checked, No errors without spending so much time, now with my Z30 as much as I love it I can't do all that without having to tap maybe 5 times on a word to correct it.
    Another thing is I like to type AFAP (as fast as possible) because I'm very impatient and always want to deliver messages fast, and with an all touch I depend too much on the auto correct while on my 9930 I used to type super fast and error free due to the keyboard, which I also miss.

Now the call end and call buttons, I also miss them. I barely do calls by mistake, but when they happen is incredibly annoying and embarrassing. I remembered a friend at work who called me to ask for something, then that same day he kept calling me back by mistake, and all I heard was him at work. Not really paying attention to his phone. Next day I asked him what was that all about and he told me he had his phone in his back pocket, then another co-worker started to joke about it saying that he was b00ty-calling me. Ha, it was funny, but it must've felt kinda embarrassed because that joke went on for weeks...

Like other members mentioned, I could do a slider because it brings the best of all worlds; big screen, keyboard, and tool belt! I don't why people consider the torch as crap because I never owned one, but I did own the 9930 which is the most useful phone I EVER had.

Don't get me wrong but, I LOVE my Z30, but unfortunately I can't be as productive with it.

From my White Z30
    waterfrontmgmt likes this.
    04-15-14 11:10 AM
    Basically, what I just read was that you'd like the tool belt back so it can assist you in doing something that is dangerous and illegal (at least around here).
    Yes, because it doesn't apply to any other situation where your attention is split between more than one thing at a time. Pat yourself on your back for your superior analytical skills. *claps*

That was just the most recent example that I could think of where virtual buttons annoyed me. And congrats on being so laid back that you never have a situation where you're forced to do more than one thing at a time and you simply do not have the time to stop one thing to do the other. I envy you and your lack of urgency in your typical day. I'm not rich enough to have that luxury yet, maybe one day...

rai187 and Upgrayedd111 like this.
    04-15-14 12:42 PM
    No matter what your opinion is, there is someone who's going to try and bring mayhem into your thread, it's better to ignore them because otherwise it'll bring more.

Anyways, I also NEED the tool belt, and BADLY! Copying and pasting with touchscreens is a drag, plus I still find BlackBerry all touch text selection sluggish. The circle doesn't always pop, and many times the phone start selecting words or entire lines instead of the circle coming out, and it's extremely frustrating because with the tool belt it's a breeze, extremely easy.

Lately I'm loving the all touch BlackBerry phone, but man, I'm not as productive with it as when I had my 9930. I used to type long emails to my boss, spell checked, No errors without spending so much time, now with my Z30 as much as I love it I can't do all that without having to tap maybe 5 times on a word to correct it.
    Another thing is I like to type AFAP (as fast as possible) because I'm very impatient and always want to deliver messages fast, and with an all touch I depend too much on the auto correct while on my 9930 I used to type super fast and error free due to the keyboard, which I also miss.

Now the call end and call buttons, I also miss them. I barely do calls by mistake, but when they happen is incredibly annoying and embarrassing. I remembered a friend at work who called me to ask for something, then that same day he kept calling me back by mistake, and all I heard was him at work. Not really paying attention to his phone. Next day I asked him what was that all about and he told me he had his phone in his back pocket, then another co-worker started to joke about it saying that he was b00ty-calling me. Ha, it was funny, but it must've felt kinda embarrassed because that joke went on for weeks...

Like other members mentioned, I could do a slider because it brings the best of all worlds; big screen, keyboard, and tool belt! I don't why people consider the torch as crap because I never owned one, but I did own the 9930 which is the most useful phone I EVER had.

Don't get me wrong but, I LOVE my Z30, but unfortunately I can't be as productive with it.

From my White Z30
    Hopefully all of our needs are met soon...

04-15-14 12:44 PM

Lol one one. Tell me again how my typing is bad
    04-15-14 01:57 PM
    Lol one one. Tell me again how my typing is bad
    OMFG, I MADE ONE TYPO!!!! (and anyway, you kind of proved my point. I was mainly poking at your ability to read and comprehend. Sorry that you were not able to read and comprehend that from my statement...)
    04-15-14 02:04 PM
    OMFG, I MADE ONE TYPO!!!! (and anyway, you kind of proved my point. I was mainly poking at your ability to read and comprehend. Sorry that you were not able to read and comprehend that from my statement...)
    Why so upset? I made fun of OP and then acknowledged it. I get it lol I don't think you do
    04-15-14 06:39 PM
    Why so upset? I made fun of OP and then acknowledged it. I get it lol I don't think you do
    Lol, wow, the caps was a joke, nobody here is upset, especially when your response actually proved my point, haha. It's odd how you don't seem to get anything, haha. No worries man, I know it's hard to tell tone and stuff by reading text on a screen. :-)

04-15-14 09:01 PM
    I get it, I guess, but I don't need it. The hangup for me never gives me issues for one. If I am talking to another cell phone it usually hangs up automatically before I can press the button anyway. I've never had to press it more than once. There is a delay but it works. With a physical button there is also a slight delay but I think you are just feeling more confident in a physical button. It is personal preference for a lot of people I understand.

As for the trackpad, well I think I've said it enough, it was more efficient than the touchscreen way but once again I have learned to use it to its full potential and it is not that far off. I thank using Android for my ability to get used to that very quickly since they are very similar. I like the bubble better than androids and one tap is all it needs to show up for me. I'm pretty good without a trackpad but right now I'm finding I liked the Q10 keyboard better than the Z10 not because I was faster with it but because I trusted what letters my fingers were hitting and made less mistakes. So I do understand the whole physical button thing.

For the record though, try to not touch your device while driving. I would suggest getting a BT speakerphone device. They usually have convenient (physical) hang up and pick up buttons built right into them. Much safer to use.

Anyway, I hope the Q20 is everything you want it to be. Nobody else can do it like BlackBerry can. Nobody else will offer anything close. I hope it brings a lot of people back to the brand. Cheers.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    04-15-14 09:24 PM
    Lol, wow, the caps was a joke, nobody here is upset, especially when your response actually proved my point, haha. It's odd how you don't seem to get anything, haha. No worries man, I know it's hard to tell tone and stuff by reading text on a screen. :-)

Whatever you say. Sounds like you need this. El oh El
    04-15-14 09:35 PM
    I get it, I guess, but I don't need it. The hangup for me never gives me issues for one. If I am talking to another cell phone it usually hangs up automatically before I can press the button anyway. I've never had to press it more than once. There is a delay but it works. With a physical button there is also a slight delay but I think you are just feeling more confident in a physical button. It is personal preference for a lot of people I understand.

As for the trackpad, well I think I've said it enough, it was more efficient than the touchscreen way but once again I have learned to use it to its full potential and it is not that far off. I thank using Android for my ability to get used to that very quickly since they are very similar. I like the bubble better than androids and one tap is all it needs to show up for me. I'm pretty good without a trackpad but right now I'm finding I liked the Q10 keyboard better than the Z10 not because I was faster with it but because I trusted what letters my fingers were hitting and made less mistakes. So I do understand the whole physical button thing.

For the record though, try to not touch your device while driving. I would suggest getting a BT speakerphone device. They usually have convenient (physical) hang up and pick up buttons built right into them. Much safer to use.

Anyway, I hope the Q20 is everything you want it to be. Nobody else can do it like BlackBerry can. Nobody else will offer anything close. I hope it brings a lot of people back to the brand. Cheers.
    It's not as much the delay but the feedback that it's been pressed while a touchscreen you don't know if you actually pressed it unless you look to verify. It's the difference between being able to do without looking and having to take your attention away from something else to look at your phone. One good example is while working on cars, especially something under the dash, usually I'm in such an awkward position, that if I need to make or take a call, I really can't look at my phone. With my old Bolds, I could pick up the call and hit the speakerphone button all without looking and be on the phone while trying to drop my steering column. With the Q10, I actually have to stop what I'm doing, get out from under the dash, and answer the call...

And yes, even while I'm working on a car in my free time I have urgent phone calls I do need to attend...
    04-16-14 12:53 AM
    Well, you still need to answer the call first right? With the physical pick up button you could do that without ever taking your eyes off the road, and pressing the button for speakerphone on the keyboard (the $ key). So the entire process can be done without looking if they had the toolbelt.

You're not supposed to touch your phone while driving period. Physical key or touch screen. So your argument to need a tool belt ASAP for driving is moot. Hands free, you pick up the call by voice recognition hands free, or on your steering wheel.

I don't see why you think BlackBerry needs to bring this out ASAP to allow someone to operate a phone illegally.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-14 05:07 PM
    You're not supposed to touch your phone while driving period. Physical key or touch screen. So your argument to need a tool belt ASAP for driving is moot. Hands free, you pick up the call by voice recognition hands free, or on your steering wheel.

I don't see why you think BlackBerry needs to bring this out ASAP to allow someone to operate a phone illegally.

Posted via CB10
    Dude, I can't hear you from way up there man. Mind stepping down to talk?

(And in case comprehension isn't your strongest trait, that is just the latest example that happened, it's not at all the only situation. And sorry, I'm happy my car has power windows. I'm not rich enough like you to have the fancy phone connectivity in my car. I guess I don't deserve to be productive while I am too busy to stop driving around. And laws vary from place to place as much as you like to use your specific situation as the gold standard for the entire world to follow...)

04-19-14 06:09 PM
    It's only April! Fourth quarter 2014 is still a long way off.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-14 08:46 PM
39 12