Article says only the trackpad is a physical button and the others on the tool belt are softtouch. What does that mean? Are the send and end keys just touch or do they physically click down like they used to?

"Note that of these five the trackpad button is only a physical buttons while all others are soft touch buttons. "

BlackBerry Classic-BlackBerry fans go for it
    Don_Henry likes this.
    02-16-15 08:42 AM
    All the toolbelt buttons are physical - not hard to push, but they are "push to click" as they were on the BBOS devices (Bold, etc).

Z10 - 10.3.1.2267 w/2244 radio - AT&T (posted via CB10)
    kjjb0204 likes this.
    02-16-15 08:51 AM
    OK, thanks. I want to be able to hang up without looking.
    02-16-15 08:55 AM
    Don't we all?
    02-16-15 09:12 AM
    Making them capacitive wouldn't work at all due to the swiping gestures, you'd have to disable them completely.
    The toolbelt can be pretty much compared to the 9900.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-15 09:15 AM
    I believe the tool belt on the Classic is much better then on the 99xx. The "click" response is just excellent!

Posted via CB10
    02-16-15 11:52 AM
    No offense, but is this question really still being asked?

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    andy957 and L o r d R a j like this.
    02-16-15 05:26 PM
    No offense, but is this question really still being asked?

No offense taken. I didn't think anything of it until I read that one article. I've yet to see one in person, so just fact checking really.
    02-17-15 10:00 AM
    Several times I have found myself trying to tap the tool belt, instead of pressing it.
    kjjb0204 likes this.
    02-17-15 10:11 AM
    Well, the article also states:

"Unlike in BlackBerry Passport, the QWERTY keypad though doesn't act as a optical trackpad and there is no need of it as well since there is a dedicated trackpad just above the keypad."

They think the Passport has an optical trackpad. I wonder what else they've gotten wrong in other phone reviews.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-15 11:37 AM
    If you're looking for an easy way to hang up on the Classic you're in for a surprise.

Posted via BlackBerry Classic
    02-17-15 02:18 PM
    If you're looking for an easy way to hang up on the Classic you're in for a surprise.
    The "surprise" being that it sometimes takes 2 presses of the end call button instead of 1? (because the first press wakes up the phone)
    I'm guessing this was an intentional feature but since receiving so much negative feedback about it, it will probably be changed in a future software update.
    02-17-15 03:03 PM

Posted via BlackBerry Classic
    Yes, I've seen the other threads about the hardship of clicking twice. Ever since my first days of my first cell phone from PrimeCo, I've hit that end button numerous times to end a call. So clicking twice is still something I would still consider easy.
    02-18-15 09:41 AM
    Yes, I've seen the other threads about the hardship of clicking twice. Ever since my first days of my first cell phone from PrimeCo, I've hit that end button numerous times to end a call. So clicking twice is still something I would still consider easy.
    I don't mind having to click more than once, still doable without looking, but there is a situation where you need to touch something on the touchscreen THEN press the end call button, so that does require looking at it. I wish they fix that soon...

02-18-15 12:57 PM
    I don't mind having to click more than once, still doable without looking, but there is a situation where you need to touch something on the touchscreen THEN press the end call button, so that does require looking at it. I wish they fix that soon...
    I haven't encountered this, when exactly do you need to interact with the touchscreen before being able to hang up with the end call button?
    02-18-15 02:28 PM
    I haven't encountered this, when exactly do you need to interact with the touchscreen before being able to hang up with the end call button?
    It's if you use speakerphone and let the screen lock if left idle. This happens when I'm on a call where I'm put on hold or when I'm doing something on my PC.

I think it also requires that your phone is password locked, since mine is, not sure if it's the same if it isn't. And maybe it's also if the call is incoming while the phone is already locked. It's a fairly specific situation, but it does happen every now and then and it's annoying.

Last edited by slagman5; 02-18-15 at 05:21 PM.
    Thorsten Heinsight likes this.
    02-18-15 05:06 PM
    The belt is physical.
    But the trackpad itself is an optical sensor.

The rest are "just" buttons, like you were used to have from the legacy devices.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-15 04:36 AM