12-20-14 03:41 AM
78 1234
tools
    Wow! BlackBerry managed to fit a Q10 hardware in a Bold 9900 body! It's amazing, took them about 2 years to do it. Ripley's Believe It Or Not will be definitely interested in purchasing about 10 devices.
    Last edited by vbdwork; 12-17-14 at 09:59 PM.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    12-17-14 09:38 PM
    Blackberrry Classic

Tons of positive comments on Classic release /sarcasm-classic-bbm.png.original.png

OR

Wannabe

Tons of positive comments on Classic release /sarcasm-applekeyboard.jpg
    thymaster likes this.
    12-17-14 10:04 PM
    Wow! BlackBerry managed to fit a Q10 hardware in a Bold 9900 body! It's amazing, took them about 2 years to do it. Ripley's Believe It Or Not will be definitely interested in purchasing about 10 devices.
    Well THAT'S the first time I heard that one -- brava, good sir... bra-va.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-14 10:13 PM
    I hope it accomplishes what it was designed for.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-17-14 11:28 PM
    So far it's gotten great reviews online, very surprised.

Even better than the Passport...

#dirtythirty #naturalsound #CB10 #glassweave
    12-17-14 11:52 PM
    I guess that most smartphone users have is in a generation where they never have used a pk and think it's somthing of the past. Many that used the pk, misses it on newer phones (Android, iPhone, Z10/Z30). The younger generation don't get that...
    12-18-14 01:58 AM
    I guess that most smartphone users have is in a generation where they never have used a pk and think it's somthing of the past. Many that used the pk, misses it on newer phones (Android, iPhone, Z10/Z30). The younger generation don't get that...
    Eventually the young grow up, counter culture starts occurring. Things that become popular eventually become uncool.

Look at Samsung.

Can't really see this happening to apple anytime soon though.

But as long as BlackBerry keeps hammering home their enterprise message that they've been doing religiously since Chen took over, people will come around. It's already happening.

#dirtythirty #naturalsound #CB10 #glassweave
    thymaster likes this.
    12-18-14 02:13 AM
    Meh. Never made my decisions based on blog writers and their opinions. Just what I want.
    So waiting for the white one and ordering through Amazon.
    Sent from my SUPER HOT Nokia Lumia 1520 via Tapatalk
    bbjdog, thymaster and mkelley65 like this.
    12-18-14 03:37 AM
    This is a reflection of the pathetic society we live in. We are constantly conditioned and manipulated into buying the latest and greatest everything, because the last thing 'they' want, is for us to stop spending. So everything needs to be improved or altered in some way, so you leave one thing to get the new 'better' thing. So it gets to a stage where something's simply can't be improved and are therefore changed and re designed simply to create something new to flog to us increasingly mindless sheep. Think for yourself. Question the status quo. There are many, many underlying agendas at play, the basic objective is to keep the 'herd' distracted and controlled. Do you wonder why they are moving away from the removable battery? Well Its so you can't completely kill power to your phone. For those of you with any mental depth will know the significance of that. For insight the documentary 'Citizen 4' may shed more light....
    .... anyways back to the Classic, great phone. Buy it. No really, but don't upgrade just because everyone else is.
    snowden_generation likes this.
    12-18-14 05:23 AM
    Classic is not a mainstream device, and it isn't a flagship device (at least no compared with other consumer devices). It was built for a niche business market and that is where it will live.

Personally I don't think it is really going to do much for sales as it's really only going to appeal to a small hardcore group that are still using Bolds and Curves - and there really aren't many of these. And I'm not talking about the millions of users in developing markets that bought a BlackBerry more for the BIS features than the keyboard features.... they will continue to be pulled away by low cost Android Smartphones as there is no longer a data plan advantage with owning a BlackBerry. And I don't think a trackpad and a few button are what stopped IT departments in business from choosing to upgrade or choose BlackBerry. Had a lot more to do with the complexity of BES installationS and the question of the future of BlackBerry ("we are for sale"). BES12 has improved the backend portion of things, and Chen has helped the appearance of BlackBerry doing better. But if sales pickup, I think it will be more to do with BES12 and company stability than with the Classic. Still think an upgrade to the Z10 should have coincided with the release of BES12... not sure how excited business will be buying a 2 year old piece of hardware (in the US only one Carrier has the Z30 to offer).
    allengeorge likes this.
    12-18-14 07:20 AM
    Whole lotta comedians out there...

Passport and 10.3.1 more importantly are getting respect from the people who aren't just trolling. All the "smartphone roundup" videos I've seen that acknowledge it, say it's the most improved, which is how people will view BB for a while. It's starting to be seen as a fun to use OS again though. Fast, smooth, fun, productive. BlackBerry.
    12-18-14 07:58 AM
    People are absolutely entitled to their own opinion. But my issue with these type of folks (which often is the case with Tech bloggers) is when they give their opinions without even picking up the phone.

Do your homework, use the phone, learn about its ecosystem, understand where, why, and what it is and I *might* read your article if I am bored. If it's a professional review, minus the personal preference pot-shots, then I will respect your opinion and choose to find out for myself regardless. But spout meaningless jargon out on the interwebs when you are completely ignorant on the subject and you've immediately thrown the ego-maniac flag IMO.
    VeryBumpy likes this.
    12-18-14 09:42 AM
    BlackBerry should start up a small company without the general population knowing -- Release a ridiculously cheap phone that is "android-esk", but power by BB10.

Then after the test phases, etc. Be like "Oh by the way... that phone you're using? All blackberry. Suck it."

Publicity stunt.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    12-18-14 09:56 AM
    These are supposedly smart people commenting on a very prominent business website's Classic release column.
    Oh god, don't ever read the comments section anywhere!
    ponpiri likes this.
    12-18-14 11:15 AM
    People won't change their minds until a big name celebrity starts flashing around their own Blackberry.

He may not be a big name, but if Tyler Florence has a Blackberry (I read the article here a couple of weeks ago), get him to start using it when he whips out his phone to call the contestants on the next round of his food truck race show. At least it'll be a start (and product placement).

Get some placement on some tv shows when a character has to whip out their cell phones. Let people see the distinctive front (it's obviously not a run of the mill touchscreen) and the logo on the back. Then we'll see how fast people come around.
    12-18-14 11:40 AM
    Meh. Never made my decisions based on blog writers and their opinions. Just what I want.
    So waiting for the white one and ordering through Amazon.
    Sent from my SUPER HOT Nokia Lumia 1520 via Tapatalk
    I really like this phone, but I thought you were giving up on the brand. My iphone 6 plus is fantastic, but I am a blackberry guy at heart. Currently using the Q10 (personal) and the 9900 for work. Considering the passport, but I think the classic is beautiful.
    12-18-14 11:50 AM
    Well Kim Kardashian has done mmore brand promos than Alicia Keys ever did!!! Someone needs to send her a red Passport and a bronze Classic. :-D

Posted from my SEXY Q10 that I'd STILL be using IF I could find my FRACKING BANKING APP on BBW. And no I won't put Android apps here so don't EVEN go there!!!!
    12-18-14 12:00 PM
    I really like this phone, but I thought you were giving up on the brand. My iphone 6 plus is fantastic, but I am a blackberry guy at heart. Currently using the Q10 (personal) and the 9900 for work. Considering the passport, but I think the classic is beautiful.
    I'm getting a white Classic, but not as a daily driver. My iPhone 6 will continue to be my daily driver and my Note 4 my second. But the Classic will be cycled with the Lumia 1520 on my third line.

Posted from my SEXY Q10 that I'd STILL be using IF I could find my FRACKING BANKING APP on BBW. And no I won't put Android apps here so don't EVEN go there!!!!
    12-18-14 12:03 PM
    The OP scraped the tar pits of Twitter to bring us negative comments from people no one's heard of. What's the real reason behind this thread other than to annoy and bring down people?
    ponpiri likes this.
    12-18-14 12:28 PM
    supposedly smart people
    That's supposed to be sarcasm I believe?
    12-18-14 12:38 PM
    I think its kinda funny...almost like "your momma" jokes.

Who cares? It is what it is...once you get offended they own you.

For the target market the Classic will be a smash hit, limited yes, but not inconsequential.

For me right now the important thing is what is working in the background that I care about. The attacks on privacy are only getting more prevalent and the shift of "cool" will be towards those who has the most secure access to their data. People don't care now, but eventually there will be a tipping point and it will be a mainstream issue.
    12-18-14 03:24 PM
    They should be ashamed really for their chuck norris level jokes in 2014.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by matt4pack; 12-18-14 at 04:04 PM.
    12-18-14 03:51 PM
    There's gotta be a dozen or more Android OEMs that are in worse financial shape than BBRY, but their new offerings aren't constantly labeled "last-ditch" or a "hail-mary". And none of them are deemed failures simply because their latest phone didn't outsell the two largest phonemakers in the world.

Ponderous, man. Ponderous...
    12-18-14 08:30 PM
    The problem is people are assuming that the phone is for consumers. Outside of CrackBerry readers, I doubt this will sell at all in retail stores. This is the device that companies will upgrade their device fleet with.

I highly doubt you will see one of these in the wild that weren't issued by the person's employer.
    And I highly doubt that this is a fleet renewal phone, in reality (it surely is for some dreamers at BlackBerry though)
    Most enterprises have long switched away from BlackBerry phones, the Classic is overpriced and BES is cross-platform by now.

Simply said... I doubt that there's any point in even releasing the Classic in its current form, to be honest.
    12-18-14 08:31 PM
    Most "adults" transferred from dumb phones to keyboardless smartphones just fine.
    Actually, the vast majority of humanity never had a BlackBerry before they had a real smartphone.

It therefore isn't even remotely close to the issue you describe here. When you say it that way, it's as if everyone that was older than a certain age threshold, had a smartphone with physical keys.
    And that's just wrong. It's not a generational question. As if a 15 year old had the income to buy a 700$ Bold/iPhone.

It's a question of preferences. And as the market matured, it became clear that the preferences are not in favour of the keyboard. 0.5% marketshare at maximum at the end of this year.
    Going by your thesis, that would mean that only 0.5% of smartphone buyers are adults...
    12-18-14 08:50 PM
78 1234