I've a cracked screen on my current Classic and I've been thinking about a Passport. The battery on my Classic isn't holding the charge like when it was new so I'm thinking its time to get a new phone. I don't want an Android nor do I want many apps. I am sure the two to three apps I am running on my Classic will work freshly installed on a Passport, so I thought I'd throw this question out there and figure out what I should be doing.

The classic is a little sluggish I'll accept that but the Passport has a faster CPU and a really strong battery. So I'd love to hear opinions..

Thanks in advance
    09-18-17 11:28 AM
    I had the same dilemma three months ago
    Then two months ago I went for the passport
    Now I know I did the right thing for me
    Go for what suits you best
    But I think passport is much better

Posted via CB10
    09-18-17 11:35 AM
    Spyros

Thanks for the posting. Any issues with the browser?

Any one know which model number exactly of the Passport for T-Mobile too?
    09-18-17 11:57 AM
    My answer to the thread title would be : no.
    09-18-17 12:28 PM
    Misterabrasive, why not? Where's the flaws you see in this older equipment?
    09-18-17 12:37 PM
    Biggest flaw for me is the physical keyboard! And no apps!
    09-18-17 02:25 PM
    I love keyboards and I've got all the apps I need working. I've seen some of the dross that gets passed off as Apps on iPhuke and I'd never have any of them on any of my phones..
    09-18-17 02:48 PM
    Classic

via Passport OG
    09-18-17 03:02 PM
    Passport

Posted via CB10
    09-18-17 03:10 PM
    Passport
    09-18-17 03:14 PM
    I've a cracked screen on my current Classic and I've been thinking about a Passport. The battery on my Classic isn't holding the charge like when it was new so I'm thinking its time to get a new phone. I don't want an Android nor do I want many apps. I am sure the two to three apps I am running on my Classic will work freshly installed on a Passport, so I thought I'd throw this question out there and figure out what I should be doing.

The classic is a little sluggish I'll accept that but the Passport has a faster CPU and a really strong battery. So I'd love to hear opinions..

Thanks in advance
    I bought a classic the day it was released. It's a great phone. The passport is far superior but it's big. If you can get over its size then I would say get it. I'm currently using a leap but I am looking for BlackBerry se if I can get it for a good price

Posted via CB10
    09-18-17 04:19 PM
    I would buy a new Passport. Both are too bulky to carry around in your pocket so main purpose is for a day planner and acces to your archives and saved email attachments in the hub.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-17 06:49 PM
    great thing about the classic is u can buy one used anywhere for $100.
    09-18-17 07:59 PM
    I got mine for 80 bux

Posted via CB10
    09-18-17 08:37 PM
    Go for either, I still use a Classic. Waiting for a replacement screen for my PP SE. It is a hard decision which one to use on a daily basis. Price may be an important factor but I don't know your situation. Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    09-18-17 08:56 PM
    both phones are now three years old if you buy a new one today how long can they honestly last. They are both great phone but I think there time is soon to be over
    09-19-17 09:54 AM
    If you can live with the lack of apps, then either could work for you.

I can't live without some of the Android apps, so I'm happy with my PRIV.

My brother-in-law works for a major Canadian bank, managing a very large number of people spread out over a very large area (this is Canada, where we will drive 13 hours in a weekend to go shopping!). He was issued a Passport and loves it - fabulous for doing spreadsheets and, of course, LOADS of email.
    09-19-17 10:32 AM

Thanks in advance
    As long as you're okay with the double typing issues, which will begin soon after you start using it. Also, eventually it won't read your sim card anymore and there won't be any warranty as there are no more parts.
    09-19-17 12:24 PM
    Classic

Posted via CB10
    09-19-17 03:55 PM
    If those were the only two I had to choose from, I'd choose a Classic.

Having owned both devices, I found the Passport too heavy/bulky and I could not get used to the 3-row keyboard. It did have more power and a better camera, so there are definitely advantages.

But I much prefer the iconic 4-row keyboard for an optimal typing experience. And the Classic is much more suited to one-handed use.
    09-19-17 04:35 PM

Thanks in advance
    You know you, so only you can answer the question. And it's a very, very old question that has been asked and asked. At this point you cold buy both for what it cost for one back when they started asking this question.

But to answer your question... no I wouldn't invest in ANY three or four year old handset or in a platform that is ALL downhill from here.
    09-20-17 07:28 AM
    Misterabrasive, why not? Where's the flaws you see in this older equipment?
    To put new good money into old tech seems silly to me.

The tiny ecosystem continues to crash around BB10, and the browser is becoming a struggle. Updates are nonexistent, while world standards continue to change.

This may be an opportunity to cut the cord - which will become inevitable at some point anyway.

The KEYᵒⁿᵉ has the best BlackBerry keyboard ever made. Apart from that, the world is your oyster.
    09-20-17 07:50 AM
    Recently bought a PP SE just for having it. It still didn't replace the Classic. Size and incomplete keyboard/missing toolbelt being the main reasons.

Size and missing toolbelt also are reasons why K1 doesnt attract me (and the Priv ended up in a drawer). Even if K1 keyboard was a positive surprise when I tested it in the Mediamarkt while picking up the PP SE.

If today the Classic would drop and be destroyed probably just would buy another Classic.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-17 02:30 PM
    One of each. Because they are cool, like having a spectrum ZX.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-17 02:49 PM
    I have a classic and keyone... the keyone is a better phone but not by much... and I would say the classic keyboard is much much better... quieter and larger keys... not that it's impossible to get used to the keyone and still fly...
    09-20-17 03:59 PM
41 12