I live in Louisville KY and have ever since I have had the Classic the signal strength has been so poor. If I am outside I get full or near full bars but soon as I enter any building the reception drops to one maybe two. Even worse there are many times the I will pick up the device and it has no service and is searching and it takes almost a minute to connect to edge then even longer to connect to lte.

Is this a hardware issue or is it something else?

Posted via CB10
    06-08-15 07:54 PM
    TMO signal tends to not do too well inside buildings in most places, because their network frequencies aren't good at penetrating buildings. I'm not precluding a radio/hardware issue, but if it works fine outdoors and indoors only is where you notice the drop, I would lean more towards a coverage issue.

Verizon, on the other hand, has a dense low band LTE network that does very well inside buildings. The reason I bring this up is because your profile says Verizon. Are you a new TMO customer?
    06-08-15 08:29 PM
    Yeah moved to tmo in December when me and ex split and verizon wanted $400 for me to do an AOL and would loss my grandfathered unlimited data. I said **** off. I miss them so bad their customer service was horrid but their network can't be beat.

Funny enough I was able to get this classic on credit with tmo but Saturday ordered a LG g4 also without any issue; and today I called and they are sending out a replacement classic incase it is hardware for this one. So that is three handsets floating around with no upfront cost but verizon got pissy because I wanted to seperate my portion of our account I have had since 2009.

I really don't want to give up on BlackBerry but if the LG g4 does better with signal and stability I might not have a choice.

Realistically there has to be a stopping point on what a user will sacrifice in a device.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-15 09:38 PM
    ATT is great too! You get what you pay for...

Posted via CB10
    06-08-15 10:03 PM
    ATT is great too! You get what you pay for...

Posted via CB10
    Feel like that was a cut down man but oh well.

After doing a little research it seems that TMO is rolling out a new 700 Mhz spectrum, I hope that will fix all the signal penetration issues. That is the only thing I don't like about the carrier. Will try and stick it out.

If anyone has more details about this or possible release dates(looking for louisville ky) would be neat.

Edit: welp maybe Louisville market is screwed anyway. Seems channel 51 is protected or something and might end up being years til free. Unless I read the site wrong.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-15 01:34 AM
    AFAIK bberry classic or passport does not have the band 12 required for the t-mobile's new roll out. That is one reason I'm keeping out from the latest devices and waiting for the next iteration!
    06-11-15 10:23 AM