If it helps I would also like to be able to close apps with one motion.

Seeing as similar OSs have that ability, and it can be added in a few ways, I don't see why not.

Make it an option so that people who accidentally trigger it can turn it off, and there ya go, done.

Via passport
    Definitely open to as many options as possible. I never had an issue of accidentally closing apps while using my old BBOS devices, so for me that won't be an issue. I think I must be superhuman or something... ;-)

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    10-20-14 03:13 PM
    The time you spent in this thread, researching ways to close apps and arguing about better possibilities, you could have probably closed apps in two steps about a million times over.
    I should have probably stayed out of here like you said. I just get tired of seeing similar threads every time about small stuff like this. Like the Passport threads about how slow it would be without a fourth row, mostly started by people who had no intention on getting the device to begin with. Seems to me there are plenty of bigger issues that we would all prefer they fix first.

That said I do hope the Classic gets you the options you are looking for, if it does not interfere with their intended 'flow' BlackBerry should definitely add any feature requested. Any BlackBerry user/fan lost at this point is one too many.

BlackBerry 10 signed @ C0007CC89
    Last edited by MrGlenn; 10-20-14 at 06:52 PM.
    10-20-14 05:04 PM
    Closed for review.
    10-20-14 06:27 PM
    [WARN]The bickering and off-topic comments have been deleted. Please keep to the question/topic of the OP without getting personal. If you don't feel that you can, move on to another thread.[/WARN]

Reopened.
    VeryBumpy likes this.
    10-20-14 06:41 PM
    The time you spent in this thread, researching ways to close apps and arguing about better possibilities, you could have probably closed apps in two steps about a million times over.
    I should have probably stayed out of here like you said. I just get tired of seeing similar threads every time about small stuff like this. Like the Passport threads about how slow it would be without a fourth row, mostly started by people who had no intention on getting the device to begin with. Seems to me there are plenty of bigger issues that we would all prefer they fix first.

That said I do hope the Classic gets you the options you are looking for, if it does not interfere with their intended 'flow' BlackBerry should definitely add any feature requested. Any BlackBerry user/fan lost at this point is one too many.

Thanks for clarifying your post. I definitely am interested in getting the Classic. And will probably still get it despite the issue I'm raising here (given there isn't some unknown deal killer that haven't come up yet), but like I said in the original post, there are currently already 3 different ways to minimize an app. I just don't see why there needs to be so much redundancy when there's a function that's missing that could take the place of one of those 3. To me, it just makes sense. It doesn't change the experience for anyone because most of us have free will and can choose to use it or not.

But no, this isn't just a thread for the sake of complaining. I really do hope they bring that feature back because it was something I used a lot in the old BBOS phones and it's something I miss now because trying to tap little tiny x's is a total pain in the **** to be honest. I get it right the majority of the time, it's not that it's hard to hit, it's just the fact that it requires me to do so many motions with my thumb when long pressing one button could have gotten it done.

And about bigger issues, definitely. I just don't really see a way to do it any other way, it's not like we should all be expected to not bring up an issue until a bigger issue is resolved. I bring up things I notice as I notice them. Should they prioritize this before getting the phone to be able to make phone calls? Of course not. But I think it's important for users and fans to be critical, because if all we did was compliment everything they did, absolutely no progress would be made. You remember how the one-button homescreen speed dialing was missing from the Q's until 10.2.1? I honestly believe that if nobody complained about its absence, it'll still be absent.

There were plenty of people who posted in my threads about that back then telling me how unimportant that was, blah blah blah, but honestly, I think making enough noise (obviously not just me, but plenty of people) got their attention and they added it back, and it helped a whole lot more people than it hurt, if any at all...

And same with individual volume levels for notifications, now finally back in 10.3.1. Color LED settings, also back in 10.3.1, and many other things that people complained about that they are adding back to our devices.

So I hope you don't mind, you might still see me complaining about the lack of holster profiles (the ability to set the "vibrate" option in normal sound profile to "only while in holster" for example.), keyboard shortcuts in the camera app (for qwerty devices obviously), the ability to customize the vibrate settings further like in BBOS devices (not only choosing how many, but the length, so you can have 1, 2, or 3, and for each you can specify short, medium, or long, for length, which in turn means 9 different vibrate combinations you can set to individual notification types or individuals...), and some other things.

Don't worry, no where am I trying to bash BB or trying to criticize their devices, I am a proud Q10 owner, I just wish for them to polish their OS and devices so that they are the best devices possible, and not just the best among the competitors, because in my opinion, they've already done that in terms of what I look for in a smartphone, I want it to be as good as it's humanly possible... :-)

If you can think of an improvement, say it and push for it. It does no good if you keep it to yourself.
    MrGlenn likes this.
    10-20-14 10:27 PM
    I understand your reasons for wanting them back. They just seem like such specific options that I am afraid BlackBerry won't hear many requests for them.
    As far as holster profiles are concerned, get the app Holster Profile, it allows you to change specific aspects of your current profile when In an Out of holster. One of the first notification apps I purchased next to Flip Shush.
    THREE ways to minimize apps in 1 step but ZERO ways to close them in 1 step??-img_20141021_123633.png
    And to be honest, I think there are three ways to minimise apps to facilitate people who can't understand gestures. Just like the Hub and Text icons, the Phone and Assistant icons, the Camera icon. They don't add to the experience but they were needed because some found gestures to be too complex. Together with Assistant that now gives you three ways to open some apps as well. But not a single way to open them straight to Active Frame size. Just to show how simple it is to find such complaints. There would be no end to them.

Even if the classic is intended to get BBOS users to switch, they should be careful not to change the OS too much so it doesn't end up looking and feeling like just an incremental update.

slagman5 likes this.
    10-21-14 05:44 AM
    I want it to be as good as it's humanly possible... :-)
    This. Many BBOS features such as the OP need to come to BB10 on the Classic.
    slagman5 likes this.
    10-21-14 07:08 AM
    I understand your reasons for wanting them back. They just seem like such specific options that I am afraid BlackBerry won't hear many requests for them.
    As far as holster profiles are concerned, get the app Holster Profile, it allows you to change specific aspects of your current profile when In an Out of holster. One of the first notification apps I purchased next to Flip Shush.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141021_123633.png 
Views:	273 
Size:	42.1 KB 
ID:	308031
    And to be honest, I think there are three ways to minimise apps to facilitate people who can't understand gestures. Just like the Hub and Text icons, the Phone and Assistant icons, the Camera icon. They don't add to the experience but they were needed because some found gestures to be too complex. Together with Assistant that now gives you three ways to open some apps as well. But not a single way to open them straight to Active Frame size. Just to show how simple it is to find such complaints. There would be no end to them.

Even if the classic is intended to get BBOS users to switch, they should be careful not to change the OS too much so it doesn't end up looking and feeling like just an incremental update.

Thanks for your recommendation for that app, I'll look into it. Have you used it? Does it work pretty reliably or does it ever do weird things if, let's say you remove your phone and put it back quickly, or vise versa? I'm just trying to think of a situation where you might trip up the app, but it's just an example. Like is there ever a situation where the app seems to get confused and behave in odd ways or anything??

And about people being confused with gestures, I understand that, but there's still a non-gesture way to do it with the Classic. Pressing the end call button will minimize apps already.
    10-21-14 09:42 AM
    The app has worked flawlessly for me. Even when taken in an out of holster repeatedly. It even works at the same time as other notification apps, since it only toggles the basic settings.

I am not sure if it will be good on 10.3.1 as those notification settings looked very differently (in a bad way if you ask me).

10-21-14 11:20 AM
    The app has worked flawlessly for me. Even when taken in an out of holster repeatedly. It even works at the same time as other notification apps, since it only toggles the basic settings.

I am not sure if it will be good on 10.3.1 as those notification settings looked very differently (in a bad way if you ask me).

I tried it earlier this morning, and I found that it had a fairly long delay between putting the phone in the holster or taking it out where the setting is changed. Notifications that come in within a minute of either action would actually just come in silent... It was weird. And there was no setting for it to behave differently depending on what profile you're in, I want it to deactivate vibrate while in normal mode, but not while in vibrate only mode, for instance. So I actually deleted it, oh well. Thanks for the recommendation anyway. I hope they add the feature native in the OS sometime...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    10-21-14 01:59 PM
35 12