Sorry if this topic has been explored already, but, how was the transition? What are your opinions regarding adjustments coming from a full touch phone? What are your pro's and con's? I've been contemplating whether to pick up a Classic and use alongside my Moto X or just save myself the money and sell my X and just use the Classic alone. I have other questions but for now that's about it. Thanks in advance everyone.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-08-15 09:37 PM
    Most of us probably had a Legacy device, then switched to the Z10 or Z30 prior to moving back to the Q10 /Passport/Classic.

I had the Z10 for over a year and a half. Best VKB that I have used compared to our Android and iOS devices that I have tried. But accuracy was an issue and so I switched to the Q10. Took about two weeks to adjust to the smaller keyboard on the Q10. Just did not feel like my Bold 9900. But now I have the Classic and best of both worlds for me. The larger screen with my beloved LCD display and a wonderful PKB. No adjustments at all. It was easy to type on from day one. Love it.

Posted via Classic
    01-08-15 10:27 PM
    Depends on what you use the phone for. Physical keyboard is better for typing, but you sacrifice the screen size. If you want to watch videos, play games or use maps often, full touch is a better choice. I switched from Q10 to Z10 because I need bigger screen, but typing on Q10 was faster and more accurate. Also, apps look better on Z10, very few are optimized for 1:1 screen.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-15 10:34 PM
    Pros; it's aweeesommee

Cons; sometimes u want quiet keyboard (enter 'Silent Keys',
    You're not used to shortcuts etc so have to remember to use them..

Passport, for q10, much worse

Check Out TechCraze
    01-08-15 11:11 PM
    Well it's mostly for my job. I work in an area that sees me constantly writing field reports. Trying to type out quick notes or type as things occur becomes a bit cumbersome and mistake ridden. I need a physical keyboard. I'm a bit disappointed that OEM's moved away from physical keyboards and haven't attempted to retry it. The original Droids with the slide out keyboard were great. If they were still being made I wouldn't have this problem. Which makes the Classic all the more enticing.

01-08-15 11:31 PM
    I think Classic will be great for the type of work that OP is doing. To complete missing screen real estate there are tablets.

Posted via CB10
    dispatcher0531 likes this.
    01-08-15 11:44 PM
    I think Classic will be great for the type of work that OP is doing. To complete missing screen real estate there are tablets.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah. If BlackBerry were to put out a new PlayBook with BB10 I'd give up Android altogether. I wouldn't need two phones, a Classic and a Playbook would be the complete package.

Jrox74 likes this.
    01-08-15 11:57 PM
    My Passport is the first phone that I've ever had with a physical keyboard. I was skeptical because I thought that I might not like it and would d revert to my Z30. That never happened. After about a two week adjustment period, things started rocking. Now I love the physical keyboard and am glad I made the change. Accuracy is much better. Speed is almost as fast. Enjoyment of using the keyboard much higher.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-15 12:15 AM
    I went from a Nexus 5 to the Classic. You just got to get used to a smaller display. Although the Classic's touchscreen is just as capable as the N5. The keyboard more than make up for the smaller display. All the Android apps I rely on is on the Amazon App Store (it does run a bit slower but good enough).

Nexus 5 pros: larger and better display
    faster processor
    app availability and functionality

Classic pros: best keyboard on any phone
    BlackBerry hub
    great design and built quality

Posted via BlackBerry Classic
    01-09-15 01:25 AM
    I switched from an iPhone 5 to the classic. Even when I had the iPhone i was just reading in the upper area of my full touch Display. So for me the switch to the smaller Display wasn't that Hard. I always dreamed of having back a physical keyboard.

Pro classic:
    - physical keyboard (just fun to use and VERY accurate)
    - shortcuts on the keyboard
    - BlackBerry Hub
    - perfect for communication
    - love the design and build quality
    - enjoy using the toolbelt, especially the trackpad (if possible in the App I don't use the Touchscreen at all)
    - LEDS for notification
    - call quality

I hope this helps a little bit! Sorry for my englisch

Greetings from rainy germany!

Posted via CB10
    Xenolock, 1ese and alexeysalo like this.
    01-09-15 01:55 AM
    I went from the Z10 to the Classic and outside of a few different things with the keys, it's been like coming home.

Had a Bold and went to Z10 and there was a longer period of time getting used to things and now after 2 years of virtual keyboards, the time has been a lot less.

Don't fear the change....youre coming back home.

Posted via CB10 on the FrankUnderwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    01-09-15 02:52 AM
    The only con I had is the square screen.

Posted via the best phone evarrrrrr!
    01-09-15 02:53 AM
    I had a passport at launch and before that, a z30. Going to a smaller screen took some getting used to, but the forum factor and keyboard on the Classic more than make up for it. It's also great for one handed use compared to the z30 or the passport.

Excellent call quality
    Keyboard for accuracy
    Form factor
    Build quality
    Price is very reasonable
    OS10.3.1 and the lovely HUB

Yes the passport and the z30 have bigger screens and the passport screams in performance, but there is something with the classic that takes me back to a simpler time when all I wanted was a great reliable communication device that I traveled the world with and it never let me down.

The classic has done just that only with a better OS and updated hardware. My hats off to the Classic design team, you hit the mark.

Sent from my lovely Classic on T Mobile USA
    1ese likes this.
    01-09-15 04:04 AM

Posted via CB10
    The screen on the Classic is really not bad at all. And don't forget the Reader mode for Web browsing.

Posted via Classic
    01-09-15 07:07 AM
    Thanks for all your input. I caved and just ordered the Classic. I'm going to use it alongside my Moto X. Should I find myself not needing my X, then I'll just sell it. Thanks again.

Side note: I really hope BlackBerry decides to give the PlayBook another try. That would complete my needs.

01-09-15 11:14 AM
    Even when I had the iPhone i was just reading in the upper area of my full touch Display.
    Funny, I thought I am the only one person who uses just the upper area of my screen on any device I had (from 4" to 6" screens) to read information! ) When I read the first tweet at the top I start scrolling till the next tweet will be on top of the screen...
    01-12-15 02:29 AM
    Overall, I think I prefer the physical keyboard over a full touch device (I was previously on an android phone). The only thing I really miss over a full touch device is the larger screen when watching videos, but that's not a huge problem for me since I didn't really use my phone for watching videos to begin with, I mainly use my laptop for watching longer videos like movies and TV shows and use my phone only for shorted videos like the occasional youtube clip I'd come across while browsing the web. If videos are important to you, then you might just want to stick with your current phone, otherwise you should just sell it and get a classic and use that as your main phone. The physical keyboard completely worth the tradeoff though, since it's much better than any touchscreen keyboard I've used (even with swipe typing, which in my experience takes up more time for typing since it constantly mispredicts words casing you to have to waste time fixing it) especially with all the keyboard shortcuts BB10 has.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-15 03:10 AM