...people do notice and smile when they see it pulled out.
    I hope that means your phone.
    09-01-16 04:47 PM
    I had iPhone 5S and changed to Classic and I'm really happy with! I'm a TI guy and photographer and use for now only Classic for street shots here in Brasil.

I have a Channel with most of shots using Classic. ( C004E4AF8 ).

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by rwCH; 09-02-16 at 08:37 PM.
    momsthename likes this.
    09-02-16 03:52 PM
    I had iPhone 5S and changed to Classic and I'm really happy with! I'm a TI guy and photographer and use for now only Classic for street shots here in Brasil.

I have a Channel with most of shots using Classic. ( C004E4AF8 ).

Posted via CB10
    Also changed from and Iphone 5 and loving it. The camera as far as real colors, street shots, sunsets and all that is just great

Posted via CB10
    09-03-16 04:54 PM
    What a strange world we live in. Be assertive and keep the phone YOU want, need and like. It is in YOUR pocket, hand and for YOUR usage. Many of your friends, colleagues and neighbours are probably tolerant concerning sexual issues. But when it comes to a mere smartphone, they want to impose their I-phone based religion. Just resist. And feel good about it. I do, when people try to pity me. Hey ist is my life I live. Forgot?

Posted via CB10
    bigjman and anon(9175377) like this.
    09-04-16 07:46 AM
    For phones are for productivity rather than a GameBoy that why I chose the classic

Posted via CB10
    09-04-16 08:02 AM
    The real question is why are they worried about what works for you. You've weight out the Pros and Cons and still found it worth it. If you've done your critical thinking, perhaps they need to do some to discover why they're so worried about it.

A BlackBerry Fan
    09-04-16 08:44 AM
    I always go 'when was the last time you used one? 2008? So you do realise they've changed since and you're criticising without even knowing right?' I basically just confront them in their stupidity. I'm so sick of this bad image brand that BlackBerry has and that is killing them. Makes me mad to just hear that same old smirk "dude, time to get a real phone!"

Posted via CB10
    DreadPirateRegan likes this.
    09-06-16 04:35 PM
    Keyboard and track pad are really best things invented for messaging on the move.

I have classic and s7 edge, both connected to my business account. The fact is that with classic I think and type decent business mails. With s7 edge I make lot of mistakes and concentrate on writing without errors. My email with classic are like from PC while messages from edge look like chat.
    Also, with bbos 10 I am not distracted with numerous useless notifications. On Android it's like I have to service my phone, like he is owning me

Therefore, Classic is a tool (daily driver), s7 edge is more like a toy.

Best,
    A
    09-09-16 03:23 PM
    I love my Blackberry Classic too and also get the same reaction from family members and friends..as you all above "Oh, that is out now, and why are you still using it?" Then when one of them started trying out some of its features, they started liking it and never realize it had some great things about it such as touch and the keyboard which is exactly one of the main reasons I love the phone.

I don't like just a touch phone, and find it annoying at times. I love the speed dialing on Blackberry. The 'speed dialing' in Samsung phones isn't really speed dialing. First, you have to look at the very tiny alphabetical order list ( if you can see it) , secondly if that doesn't work, you have to scroll down until you find the contact you need. Doesn't work for me when in a rush or emergency situation.

I find, the phone suits my needs, I can have some great apps on there too. Plus, which everyone forgets perhaps, it doesn't have those annoying, banner adverts on the phones like many other phones have and a numerous of other issues with it.

I love the Blackberry for so many reasons. The Blackberry World apps are very handy too and the phone stores loads of pics which you can categorize into albums. You just have to make sure you focus camera well by tapping the square on the screen before taking a shot.

I had the Blackberry Torch before this and both are great mobiles. Still not changing the phone. I am happy with it -just wish I could still have Whats App on it as so important for me in regards to keeping in contact with family members. I will figure out a solution hopefully.
    09-10-16 07:53 AM
    Don't they all realize that Apple is a religion which has made people dependant and stupid at the same time. And what is worse: Apple is most corrupt company in the world paying virtual no taxes nowhere!! How is that matching with an image of modernity? Producing the phone for next to nothing in Asia and selling it with huge margins to addictive people and avoiding any community services i.e. taxes. Reminds me of the drug trade.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-16 09:06 AM
    +1 which is why when they do not update our ART bars and we come to the end of the road in a year or two depending what apps are affecting me, I will switch to Priv even if dated then. Just wish Priv had stereo speakers. Mono really? My only complaint but a big one! Yes, the keyboard is nowhere near as awesome as the passports but it's still there so I will deal, a PKB is better then no PKB. It's all a shame as if BB10 could just drop those newer art runtime bars we could carry ourselves into the very distant future even with it being closed source for our protection! I suppose it's google blocking it though as remember the amazon phone was released with the same 4.3 runtime. Grrrr...

Posted via CB10
    The keyboard actually isn't THAT bad. I think i've transitioned pretty smoothly I think. I pretty much type on the PKB exclusively. I find myself to be worse with the VKB. I can't wait for whatever the "Classic" style android BlackBerry is called to be released.
    09-10-16 09:55 AM
    I hope that means your phone.
    Lmao

Posted via CB10
    andy957 likes this.
    10-04-16 04:18 AM
    People seem to not like something different. Android and iOS are safe options.
    10-05-16 01:18 AM
    I recently went to a festival and got my Classic stolen. The next day I scoured eBay and found a brand new one, and purchased it.

The ridicule from my friends was ridiculous - 'why would you WANT to use such a s**t phone?' 'the camera's useless' 'it's so slow'. I've heard it all.

I have to agree - the camera isn't perfect, the Twitter app is horrible, Whatsapp is not supported (very very annoying), there's random performance issues, it freezes if too many apps are open, I can't get Uber on there properly, the list goes on... and this what friends of mine say

BUT THE KEYBOARD AND NAVIGATION KEYS ARE THE BEST THING EVER INVENTED!
    I can type with so much ease from it, and move around the phone fluidly without any compromises at all!

Follow Me @OMGitsRLR - Posted via My Awesome BlackBerry Classic
    Sound like delightful people (theft and ridicule)
    10-05-16 01:21 AM
    The Blackberry Classic was probably the best phone I have ever owned. Solid, hard to break, great keyboard, and I love that little nub in the middle.

My only complaints were that my individual device never was able to get a GPS lock successfully and the lack of good application support.

I wish they would allow us to put a custom version of Android on it. BB10 is such a good platform hamstrung by a lack of 3rd party applications.
    10-05-16 03:51 AM
    The Blackberry Classic was probably the best phone I have ever owned. Solid, hard to break, great keyboard, and I love that little nub in the middle.

My only complaints were that my individual device never was able to get a GPS lock successfully and the lack of good application support.

I wish they would allow us to put a custom version of Android on it. BB10 is such a good platform hamstrung by a lack of 3rd party applications.
    Really? Mine gets GPS lock faster than my wife's Android...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    10-05-16 10:39 AM
    Don't worry about changing your device, ... change your friends.

Chris - Posted from my PP SE on CB10
    10-05-16 04:38 PM
    I will hold out until the last in house pkb design comes out, as I have already tried touchscreen phones. Nothing beats a pkb phone for me.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-16 07:09 PM
    As time goes on I get more and more ridicule for staying on my Classic. Last week my boss begged me to buy his old Galaxy, but he couldn't name one good reason why. Friends and family think I should move on - but don't offer any solid reason(s) why, except that "nobody's using BlackBerry's anymore." Strangers turn their noses up when they see the PKB. Worst of all my own daughter says she's embarrassed when I pull out my Classic around her friends.

I ignore them all!

ClassicSQC100-3/10.3.2.858
    It's really quite odd the way the media has indoctrinated people into this way of thinking--i.e. not thinking for oneself. So you see how manipulative the media and people in power can be (such as bloggers who review phones, a type of power). Just imagine what else these kinds of people and outlets try to dictate through mild brainwashing. Otherwise intelligent people parroting rote untruths about BlackBerry handsets. Where does this animosity stem from?

Posted via CB10
    10-05-16 11:05 PM
    Really? Mine gets GPS lock faster than my wife's Android...

I know, I think it's a problem with the device. I tried to get it exchanged a long time ago, but I didn't buy it from Shopblackberry and had to go through this massive rigamarole to get it exchanged.

I gave up and got a Priv. Still love the classic. Best phone ever.
    10-06-16 07:59 AM
    I feel the same.
    But I'm starting to read threads by PC users who updated to Windows 10 and can no longer sync their phones using BlackBerry Link.
    I'm having issues with syncing on my Mac, where Link either doesn't see the Classic or getting an error msg: "the computer can't communicate" with it.
    The fact that BB10 won't be updated to work with our computer OS updates is fast becoming an issue.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-16 11:47 PM
    I love my Classic, and I'm going to continue using it for as long as I can!

Posted via CB10
    b_martin89 likes this.
    10-07-16 11:54 PM
    I do still have hope for the Classic. If they'ld be able to give us a better android runtime the Cobalt solutions would be much better and you could have all the android apps running properly. Hopefully BlackBerry 10.3.3 will give us that

Posted via CB10
    10-08-16 07:14 AM
    I do still have hope for the Classic. If they'ld be able to give us a better android runtime the Cobalt solutions would be much better and you could have all the android apps running properly. Hopefully BlackBerry 10.3.3 will give us that

Posted via CB10
    I don't think a better runtime would help enough. The Snapdragon S4 in the Classic is a Q1-2012 chip.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-16 01:54 PM
    I don't think a better runtime would help enough. The Snapdragon S4 in the Classic is a Q1-2012 chip.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed, if you care about having the newer fancy apps. If all you use it for is regular text, email, or phone communications it can serve you just fine for a while. But for most of us the need to upgrade gets more urgent by the day. For now I don't mind it, but I definitely am looking at new alternatives like the Mercury. I don't mind using my Classic into next year so if they release it beginning of the year I can wait until later for the price to drop to get one and I'd be happy.

10-08-16 02:04 PM
71 123