I recently went to a festival and got my Classic stolen. The next day I scoured eBay and found a brand new one, and purchased it.

The ridicule from my friends was ridiculous - 'why would you WANT to use such a s**t phone?' 'the camera's useless' 'it's so slow'. I've heard it all.

I have to agree - the camera isn't perfect, the Twitter app is horrible, Whatsapp is not supported (very very annoying), there's random performance issues, it freezes if too many apps are open, I can't get Uber on there properly, the list goes on... and this what friends of mine say

BUT THE KEYBOARD AND NAVIGATION KEYS ARE THE BEST THING EVER INVENTED!
    I can type with so much ease from it, and move around the phone fluidly without any compromises at all!

Follow Me @OMGitsRLR - Posted via My Awesome BlackBerry Classic
    07-28-16 10:00 AM
    If it works for you.....

I use to use a PKB, had the shortcuts memorized. With flick to type and the advantage of a larger screen... I personally will stick with a VKB. But I understand some just can't make that transition... they want to feel the keys.
    07-28-16 11:07 AM
    There's nothing wrong with the phone until it's getting the job done,i don't have any facebook or twitter account,rarely use whatsapp but do a lot of text and calls and it's just perfect for me.I don't have a single reason why would I ditch my classic for an iPhone or samsung,u have to find yours.

Posted via CB10
    outlawglamour and pale_face like this.
    07-28-16 11:37 AM
    I love my Classic. There are a couple of apps I wouldn't mind having, but everything else fits like a glove.
    07-28-16 12:03 PM
    I like my phone because it does the things I need it to do.
    And it does them well. Very well.

The things that this phone can't to, are coincidentally the things I don't care about. So that works out nicely.

If anyone starts to ask why I have a BlackBerry, I ask them what point they are trying to make. Then they usually shut up when they realize they don't have a point, and that they've just been mindlessly sheeping along with the fad of hating BlackBerry.
    Most of them have never used a Classic, so they don't know what they're talking about.

Posted via CB10
    pale_face likes this.
    07-28-16 12:40 PM
    There's nothing wrong with the phone until it's getting the job done,i don't have any facebook or twitter account,rarely use whatsapp but do a lot of text and calls and it's just perfect for me.I don't have a single reason why would I ditch my classic for an iPhone or samsung,u have to find yours.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed... I have a Classic, as well as a Priv, BlackPhone 2 and Oneplus 3... My Classic remains my daily driver... The brunt of my phone usage consists of emails, text messaging, composing text entries of various types, phone calls and light browsing... (I also have NO Facebook, Instagram, Whatsapp, etc accounts... Although I do have reddit and twitter accounts, however I prefer the Web vs a mobile app... so I have no issue with the status of the BB10 apps...)

The Classic is the ONLY device that provides the accommodations I personal require and provides the most optimal comfort available. The Classic's size still relatively compact, making it convenient and perfect when messaging is one's main focus and the PKB a complete dream to use when busting out messages in mass quantities... The Classic is the ONLY phone I absolutely love and would be devastated if forced to give it up... Luckily, I don't have to give this beast up just yet anyways... My other devices, simply fun 'toys' I use for media purposes mainly... More like my mobile entertainment systems, vs my mobile device of course, my beloved workhorse the Classic...

Posted via CB10
    07-28-16 12:58 PM
    I recently purchased my "new" classic, although it's Not the hottest sh*** anymore.
    Was a BlackBerry User for many years in the past and did change to this daily-fruit thing two years ago.

As I heard of the newest and Not always bright-shining developments at BlackBerry I decided to come back before it would be too late.

According to perfomance and size the classic was the only thing for me.

And now i am so proud of it, i love using it every minute of the Day. Can't believe that now I love writing mails, Do calendars and tasks on the phone ever again.

Best.
    Phone.
    Ever.
    Srsly.

Posted via CB10
    pale_face likes this.
    07-28-16 01:55 PM
    I don't get ridiculed for having a Classic. The emotion that usually describes people's reaction to seeing my Blackberry Classic is shock. Many people don't realize Blackberry is still an option. They think the company folded/went out of business years ago. I love my Classic, and as long as Blackberry is making devices with a physical keyboard I'll keep buying them.
    momsthename likes this.
    08-01-16 05:27 PM
    Oh and best dig I got from someone who saw me using the Classic: "did you go dumpster diving again?"
    08-02-16 12:02 PM
    I Love my Classic and I just showed it to an i-phone user. He really likes it!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-02-16 12:36 PM
    If it works for you, nobody else's opinion matters. I'm young, still have loads of social media accounts and media. However, when it comes to getting **** done, the Blackberry will always win. It just works, it doesn't buckle under pressure, nor does it complain. If you want a phone to be a computer in your pocket, get an iPhone or Android. If you need a phone for legitimate work, get a Blackberry. I have never been ridiculed for using it, but people do notice and smile when they see it pulled out.

Posted via CB10
    andy957 likes this.
    08-02-16 05:29 PM
    As time goes on I get more and more ridicule for staying on my Classic. Last week my boss begged me to buy his old Galaxy, but he couldn't name one good reason why. Friends and family think I should move on - but don't offer any solid reason(s) why, except that "nobody's using BlackBerry's anymore." Strangers turn their noses up when they see the PKB. Worst of all my own daughter says she's embarrassed when I pull out my Classic around her friends.

I ignore them all!

ClassicSQC100-3/10.3.2.858
    08-07-16 11:03 PM
    My friends stopped making fun of me for having a BlackBerry a few years ago once it became clear that iPhones kept coming out, Galaxy S phones kept coming out, and I kept buying the newest BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-16 11:28 PM
    I have people looking at me as though they are in shock when they see my BlackBerry Classic. Some would say, I thought BlackBerry was bought out by Samsung! Or you hear, I didn't know BlackBerry was still in existence. I explained that I need my BlackBerry Classic for my salon biz and use my apple for videos, communicating with friends, family and apps to except credit cards. The BlackBerry Is efficient for handling my salon clientele. I like the calendar features which is better than the iOS system or android. Also being able to speak with a client and see updates from social media, previous text, emails and appointments within the contacts menu. This is absolutely an excellent device geared towards the business class. I will continue to use BlackBerry as long as I can.

Posted via CB10
    08-08-16 08:08 AM
    Funny story: at the bar the other night hanging with a couple buddies. One that I don't know as well and don't really hang out with saw my phone and tried to give me some business about it. A few minutes later I saw him struggling to type out a one sentence text on his Edge VKB and I said "I'd had that msg done and sent yesterday...". The look he gave me was priceless.

Posted via CB10 from AT&T Q10
    JeBe4 and joseanmx like this.
    08-24-16 12:01 AM
    I recently went to a festival and got my Classic stolen. The next day I scoured eBay and found a brand new one, and purchased it.

The ridicule from my friends was ridiculous - 'why would you WANT to use such a s**t phone?' 'the camera's useless' 'it's so slow'. I've heard it all.

I have to agree - the camera isn't perfect, the Twitter app is horrible, Whatsapp is not supported (very very annoying), there's random performance issues, it freezes if too many apps are open, I can't get Uber on there properly, the list goes on... and this what friends of mine say

BUT THE KEYBOARD AND NAVIGATION KEYS ARE THE BEST THING EVER INVENTED!
    I can type with so much ease from it, and move around the phone fluidly without any compromises at all!

Follow Me @OMGitsRLR - Posted via My Awesome BlackBerry Classic
    Did you ever try a PassportSE or any Passport? Might be what you really need as you sound like men except I went for the passport and was used to the KB in three days and within a week I wondered how I used my Q10 KB for so long, with that said I was a beast on the q10 it's an awesome device even still so not knocking it but the passport se is just so premium. I can't beleive on eBay the only way to score a WHITE classic is to pay 800.00 us! Insanity! For a color...

Posted via CB10
    08-24-16 12:07 AM
    I think someone mentioned something similar, but people seem kinda of amazed when I zip around my phone one handed with the trackpad. When they recovery from this initial shock, they are then again dumbfounded when they see that my classic also has a touchscreen!

Posted w/ BlackBerry Classic
    momsthename likes this.
    08-24-16 01:10 AM
    I'm so over the "oh why do you have such an old phone", and "I thought BlackBerry went out of business" crap!

Posted via CB10
    08-25-16 03:48 AM
    For a lot of users who don't hear the ******** anymore from family, friends and strangers, it's cause the war was lost.

I found a few years ago when BlackBerry had good marketshare, Apple was updating annually and Samsung/ Android was changing the market place with larger screens and software gimicks. People would actually debate with each other about platforms and features and would go head to head to argue.

Having a smartphone in 2016, especially if it's a iPhone or a Samsung is like having a box of Kleenex, it's just standard that almost everybody has them.

Even on the cost side things have changed. I know many Apple fans who have ditched their iPhones due to cost. Why drop $1000 (Cad) on a top of the line iPhone when there is a $400 Android that will give you roughly the same experiences. For the masses these things aren't as important anymore.

We are a very select, strong and diminishing group of loyal and hardcore BlackBerry users!

Posted via CB10
    08-25-16 04:39 AM
    BB4L!!!!!!!!!! I got crap from my co-workers when I got mine, then my boss told everyone that I respond to emails and send him documents faster than anyone in the office......(Drop Mic)!
    08-25-16 12:00 PM
    Me too, I respond faster than everyone else for work email. Classic's such a good phone. I have 2 more in case this breaks.

Posted via CB10
    DreadPirateRegan and velkod like this.
    08-25-16 02:48 PM
    Actually Classic and Q10 are quite familiar for most people because it does look like a BlackBerry hehe. how about passport hehe I usually gets some pretty weird stare from some people.because it doesnt look like a Blackberry. I remember at the bar top when they saw my passport a foreigner asked me "man are you living in the 90's. I dont BlackBerry and pkb still exist. Im almost getting the same exact reaction everytime strangers see my fone

Posted via CB10
    08-28-16 02:23 AM
    Actually Classic and Q10 are quite familiar for most people because it does look like a BlackBerry hehe. how about passport hehe I usually gets some pretty weird stare from some people.because it doesnt look like a Blackberry. I remember at the bar top when they saw my passport a foreigner asked me "man are you living in the 90's. I dont BlackBerry and pkb still exist. Im almost getting the same exact reaction everytime strangers see my fone

Posted via CB10
    Most people think my passport se is some sort of odd recording device around my neck with seideo case or a odd tablet. They always ask. Allot think I am a damn cop when worn around the neck I suppose due to the dimensions!

Posted via CB10
    08-28-16 07:15 PM
    Its all about the PKB. Why it is better? Just because it is the closest to a lap or desk PKB. Imagine if, when you were typing in your laptop or desktop, you had to stay with your hands down to the keyboard but not touching it unless you when you press each key, thats the VKB! Yes, you can type everything and fast on this way, but its not the same confort when you are allowed to rest your hand (or thumbs) over the keyboard...

Posted via CB10
    DreadPirateRegan likes this.
    08-28-16 07:41 PM
    Its all about the PKB. Why it is better? Just because it is the closest to a lap or desk PKB. Imagine if, when you were typing in your laptop or desktop, you had to stay with your hands down to the keyboard but not touching it unless you when you press each key, thats the VKB! Yes, you can type everything and fast on this way, but its not the same confort when you are allowed to rest your hand (or thumbs) over the keyboard...

Posted via CB10
    +1 which is why when they do not update our ART bars and we come to the end of the road in a year or two depending what apps are affecting me, I will switch to Priv even if dated then. Just wish Priv had stereo speakers. Mono really? My only complaint but a big one! Yes, the keyboard is nowhere near as awesome as the passports but it's still there so I will deal, a PKB is better then no PKB. It's all a shame as if BB10 could just drop those newer art runtime bars we could carry ourselves into the very distant future even with it being closed source for our protection! I suppose it's google blocking it though as remember the amazon phone was released with the same 4.3 runtime. Grrrr...

Posted via CB10
    08-28-16 08:09 PM
71 123