Had the Bold back in the day. Loooooved it!! Went to iPhone (not a fan) and now Galaxy S5. Bold, by far had the best battery life. It had the best speakerphone and call quality.

Looking to see how the Classic compares to my Galaxy S5 in terms of: Battery Life, Call Quality, speakerphone.
    And, honestly is the camera avg to good? How is the Video on it?

Thanks
    01-19-15 11:59 AM
    I am waiting for Verizon to release the classic, and I am going to order it, try it, and return it if it does not equal or exceed what my Note 2 does. Right now I have a feeling it may go back, but I will not really know until I try it?
    01-19-15 12:09 PM
    Obviously the camera will not be the best but everything else should be better. Also BlackBerry Z30 is a good option especially if you want to try the best full touch keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-15 12:14 PM
    My question is why you are contemplating the switch to begin with. Are you not happy with your device? Or is the hardware keyboard that compelling? It's hard to find a phone that will fulfill your "wants" in every category. However, if you make a priority list, it may keep the though of switching more rational. What are you feeling unfulfilled with your current device?

Posted via CB10
    01-19-15 12:17 PM
    Passport has better battery, camera, speakerphone then the classic fyi.
    pgg101 likes this.
    01-19-15 12:19 PM
    I want to use the android apps that were not available on my 9930, sometimes I do miss the physical keyboard as well. I will not know until I can get my hands on one, load the apps I need and see how it goes? I do know I will be taking a hit on the screes size as well, 5 1/2" diagonal vs the smaller square classic screen.
    01-20-15 01:40 PM
    Im alsof co sidering the classic or passport ( got a Note 4 now). I switch phones atleast 6 times a year so i dont really care about making a swith. ( been on Android, bb10 ios and windows in 2014)

However the q10 kinda "sucked" with android apps it coudnt keep up with the specs. I really love the classic but fail to understand why they chose a processor that was outdated when it came on the q10 2 years ago.

Is the software improved massively compared to the q10? Can't imagine selling a new phone that is just as good/bad as the previous model.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-20-15 01:47 PM
    Never had a Q maybe it is comparable. I'd say just as good as my Z 30

From Classic
    01-20-15 02:22 PM
    I am one of Bold/9900's biggest fans. Bought it on launch and did not upgrade to BB10 3 years ago. There has been only a few people more critical about the whole BB10 OS and the newer Q/Z phones.

I bought a Classic on launch day. Even with some short comings this phone will be the best phone BlackBerry has made. The leaked BB10.3.2072 OS corrects a lot of the initial BB10.1.

For me it was a steeper learn curve, because I do things to the limit and expected the same functionality as the Bold's OS7. The Classic's Hub might not be the same, but in time you will get use to it.

When the Bold was launched the OS did all the work. Today the OS does "vanilla" functions and you customize what you want by using apps. So don't expect the OS provide your specific needs.

Coming from a Samsung you already know that.

Snap will load most Android apps so if your coming from iPhone or Samsung you can most likely use the same apps.

If you buy on Amazon there is a 30 day return policy. No questions asked. You have nothing to lose.

Good luck and enjoy.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-15 03:43 PM
    Is snap something on the classic, or on BB world?
    01-20-15 03:45 PM
    You load Snap though your PC. First download vnBB10 then use vnBB10 to load Snap to your Classic.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-15 03:51 PM
    love my passport with the same specs as most top line android devices like the snapdragon 801 chip 13mp camera and best in class battery life i have never looked back. Also with SNAP i can load basically every android app and have no problems everything i used to use works can't complain.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    01-20-15 03:58 PM
    You load Snap though your PC. First download vnBB10 then use vnBB10 to load Snap to your Classic.

Posted via CB10
    So we are still sideloading? I thought it had Android market support?
    01-20-15 04:36 PM
    Sort of.

Third-party app markets can be downloaded and installed directly, and BB10 now comes with the Amazon app store preinstalled.

Snap enables the use of Google Play, but in doing so it violates Google's Terms of Service. Because of the ToS violation it can't be offered in BlackBerry World, and thus has to be sideloaded.
    01-20-15 04:44 PM
    Link for vnBB10 info real easy
    vnBB10 ? Utility for Side-load app from bar files into BlackBerry 10 and get Hardware ID | vnbb's blog

Then you up load Snap with vnBB10. Then use Snap to select an Android app
    andy957 and ZedMacahan like this.
    01-20-15 04:58 PM
    We're side loading Snap because it's a native app. Otherwise apks are just download and install. Go read about it. Also Cobalt posted a solution to use the actual Google play store app instead of Snap. So either way works.

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    01-20-15 05:25 PM
    We're side loading Snap because it's a native app. Otherwise apks are just download and install. Go read about it. Also Cobalt posted a solution to use the actual Google play store app instead of Snap. So either way works.

Posted via CB10
    So I can pull the APKs from my droid and install them direct to the classic with no issues?
    01-21-15 06:28 AM
    I'm thinking a Passport might be an easier adjustment on the eyes in regards the screen size. Classic screen size might seem too small since you are used to the size of the S5.

RedBerry Passport / 10.3.1.1133 / Telus
    01-21-15 06:56 AM
    Yes. I came from a Galaxy S5 as well. I went to the Classic at first then tried a Passport out of curiosity? The Passport is my choice now.

It's funny you ask this. Last night I popped the sim back into the Galaxy S5 because I was thinking of returning my Passport to wait for the rounded At&t version. Man! Going back to the Galaxy S5 was the worst 2 hours of my life!!! I thought I could get by with the S5 for a while....wrong!

So now I've decided to just buy the At&t Passport outright once it comes out and sell my SpongeBob Passport here in the Marketplace.

If you want speed, specs, and great screen size/quality then get the Passport. If you want pure efficiency, the Classic might be a better option? Good Luck!

Posted from my Spongeberry Passport using CB10
    01-21-15 09:26 AM
    This is all great information.

Lefty724, just a few questions if can shed light compared to Galaxy S5:
    1) How is the Classic display in sunlight?
    2) Can I get 1.5 to full days of battery on the Classic?
    3) I know going to a BB, the camera and video wont be great, Either is Galaxy S5 , IMO unless shooting in direct sunlight. Low light is horrific on the Galaxy S5.
    4) Speakerphone - I had a conference call and my Galaxy S5 was terrible for call volume. My friend then used his iPhone 6, and we had no issues. I recall BB having a great speakerphone. Is this accurate?
    5) Can I use Google Hangouts/Google Dialer?

Thanks
    01-21-15 09:37 AM
    So I can pull the APKs from my droid and install them direct to the classic with no issues?
    Well you'll be able to install them. Doesn't guarantee that they'll all work. Especially if it uses Google services.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-15 11:37 AM
    This is all great information.

Lefty724, just a few questions if can shed light compared to Galaxy S5:
    1) How is the Classic display in sunlight?
    2) Can I get 1.5 to full days of battery on the Classic?
    3) I know going to a BB, the camera and video wont be great, Either is Galaxy S5 , IMO unless shooting in direct sunlight. Low light is horrific on the Galaxy S5.
    4) Speakerphone - I had a conference call and my Galaxy S5 was terrible for call volume. My friend then used his iPhone 6, and we had no issues. I recall BB having a great speakerphone. Is this accurate?
    5) Can I use Google Hangouts/Google Dialer?

Thanks
    1. The Classic display I found to be great in sunlight, no complaints.
    2. I was able to get a a day and a half of battery life from my Classic. 1 full day is more manageable and just charge the phone every night.
    3. Camera on the Classic is ok. If you like taking pics/selfies, then the GS5 is a lot better imo. I'm not a big picture guy.
    4. Speaker phone and notifications are actually lower on the Classic than my GS5?
    5. For Google Hangouts I just use Google Talk to communicate with my Hangout friends.

For your needs, they sound like my needs. Take a look at the Passport?

Posted from my Spongeberry Passport using CB10
    01-21-15 02:04 PM
    I know what you mean. I went to the Z30 which I like a lot, but I miss the built in functionality of the Bold, and the one-had manipulation of it. Plus the speaker volume is much higher on the Bols than it is on my Z30 which is important to me since I work outside a lot in noisy backgrounds.

I still think the Bold is the best phone for basic phone calls, emails, texts, and calendar. Holding in one hand, swiping, flicking, pinching and hitting a small spot on the screen to close out apps. But a better camera would be nice on the Bold.

I have been waiting for the Classic on Verizon - thinking that it would be the best of both worlds. But the posts on this site are scaring me. I will have to test drive one to be sure.
    falsepercula likes this.
    01-26-15 02:53 PM
    Not sure about the S5 but I just switched back from Iphone 5 to the classic. The main reason is for having the physical keyboard. I don't play games on the phone and I never got use to typing on a virtual keyboard. Plus they have most the apps that I use on a daily bases.

Battery life is far more greater than the Iphone 5 and camera is way sharper.

Posted via CB10
    01-26-15 06:54 PM
    1) Do you want a full touch unit?

Posted via CB10
    01-26-15 07:10 PM
27 12