1. fridaybeatsmondayanygivensunday's Avatar
    Hi, I've left the android and apple sphere for quite sometime and went back to BlackBerry because of the Passport. Coming from a Q10, I like how long the battery last, how faster and responsive it is running multiple apps and the screen real estate for web browsing and video viewing.

However, I like the smaller size and keyboard of the Classic which is close to the Q10 and thinking of buying one as my 2nd phone. I'll be using it mainly as a communication device but will also use it for andorid apps like spotify and web browsing. Now before I take the "plunge", I have a few concerns I hope you guys with Classic can help me with:

1) Given it's not as fast as the passport, is it still fast enough to switch between apps? I'm in sales and I usually shuffle between calling,calendars, notes and pics. Is it quick enough during search functions or does it lag?

2) How long will the battery last with moderate use?

3) Compared to the passport, is there a significant lag in opening and using androids apps?

4) Is the wifi and gsm signal reception same as the passport?

5) Call sound clarity/quality?

Hope you guys can help me with these. Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    04-28-15 09:08 AM
    The Classic is basically the same as the Q10. It has the same processor. So if you liked the Q10, you'll like the Classic. The Classic is slightly larger and has a brighter screen.

I personally really like the Classic. It fits in my pocket, is easy to type on, has a great battery life, and is fast enough for me.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-15 09:20 AM
  3. fridaybeatsmondayanygivensunday's Avatar
    The Classic is basically the same as the Q10. It has the same processor. So if you liked the Q10, you'll like the Classic. The Classic is slightly larger and has a brighter screen.

I personally really like the Classic. It fits in my pocket, is easy to type on, has a great battery life, and is fast enough for me.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks jas 1978. I appreciate your feedback as a Classic user. I 'll try to look for one so I could get a real feel of it.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-15 09:37 AM
    I would recommend when you get the phone to download the blitz file for 10.3.2.500. It adds a few great features and fixes a really major bug in my opinion. One big added feature in that OS over the stock OS, is now you see the date when you're "peeking" out of an app. And the bug was in BB Assistant/Universal search, there was a delay in the alt key, resulting in it not registering any punctuation marks while you're typing. This was bad while trying to post facebook statuses from BB Assistant. Oh, and I think the stock OS also had a bug where posting a fb status (or twitter) that way required an extra step as well, which is also fixed in 10.3.2.500...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    04-28-15 09:44 AM
  5. fridaybeatsmondayanygivensunday's Avatar
    I would recommend when you get the phone to download the blitz file for 10.3.2.500. It adds a few great features and fixes a really major bug in my opinion. One big added feature in that OS over the stock OS, is now you see the date when you're "peeking" out of an app. And the bug was in BB Assistant/Universal search, there was a delay in the alt key, resulting in it not registering any punctuation marks while you're typing. This was bad while trying to post facebook statuses from BB Assistant. Oh, and I think the stock OS also had a bug where posting a fb status (or twitter) that way required an extra step as well, which is also fixed in 10.3.2.500...

Hi slagman5. Just to clarify, on top of the bug fixes you mentioned, if I bought one and update the OS to 10.3.2.5, the overall responsiveness of the phone will significantly improve? I've read on some thread about the problem with lags, it's an issue for me as I often use the universal search function most of the time..especially for calendars and contacts..how is your current experience with your phone?

Posted via CB10
    04-28-15 10:13 AM
    Hi slagman5. Just to clarify, on top of the bug fixes you mentioned, if I bought one and update the OS to 10.3.2.5, the overall responsiveness of the phone will significantly improve? I've read on some thread about the problem with lags, it's an issue for me as I often use the universal search function most of the time..especially for calendars and contacts..how is your current experience with your phone?

Posted via CB10
    There is still lag in the universal search since they integrated it with BB Assistant, but before I think the bug had to do with that lag affecting the typing that was affecting the alt key. They fixed that at least, but the search results still take a little bit to show up. Not sure how it compares to before though to be honest...

04-28-15 10:28 AM
    I have a passport and I love it!! I tried the Classic just to be sure how does it work and I love it too. So... I kept both. The 2 phones are absolutely great. As I said in another post: it's like having a Ferrari and Mercedes Benz. There is no way to say wich one is better it's just a matters of preference but if you can have both, go for it!!

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    04-28-15 10:32 AM
    There is still lag in the universal search since they integrated it with BB Assistant, but before I think the bug had to do with that lag affecting the typing that was affecting the alt key. They fixed that at least, but the search results still take a little bit to show up. Not sure how it compares to before though to be honest...

The universal search on BBOS was crazy fast. Never missed a letter and showed results as soon as I typed. Also it was more extensive as it searched stuff inside menu options and settings. BB10 doesn't do that. Unfortunate.

Q5SQR100-3/10.3.1.2243
    04-28-15 10:39 AM
  9. fridaybeatsmondayanygivensunday's Avatar
    The universal search on BBOS was crazy fast. Never missed a letter and showed results as soon as I typed. Also it was more extensive as it searched stuff inside menu options and settings. BB10 doesn't do that. Unfortunate.

Q5SQR100-3/10.3.1.2243
    I agree with that Amritv...was a bit spoiled with the old BBOs.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-15 10:44 AM
  10. fridaybeatsmondayanygivensunday's Avatar

Thanks slagman5 for the tip...will take your advice on the OS update as soon as or when I decide to get the classic...which is really soon, I guess. Lol.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by fridaybeatsmondayanygivensunday; 04-28-15 at 11:40 AM.
    04-28-15 10:47 AM
  11. fridaybeatsmondayanygivensunday's Avatar
    I have a passport and I love it!! I tried the Classic just to be sure how does it work and I love it too. So... I kept both. The 2 phones are absolutely great. As I said in another post: it's like having a Ferrari and Mercedes Benz. There is no way to say wich one is better it's just a matters of preference but if you can have both, go for it!!

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    Yes, I read your post before; good analogy btw. I'm seriously considering getting the Classic as I'll be using it mainly for communication. Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    04-28-15 10:51 AM
    I really like to know how the OS development team of BlackBerry works. Things like slow and buggy universal search don't get fixed while it is one of the fundamental functions of the OS. They release update after update with a half broken search functionality.
    If they just hired someone to read all the posts on this forum, and tried to address the issues most complained, they would've had a better OS.

Posted via CB10
    Trauma Surgeon likes this.
    04-28-15 10:55 AM
    I really like to know how the OS development team of BlackBerry works. Things like slow and buggy universal search don't get fixed while it is one of the fundamental functions of the OS. They release update after update with a half broken search functionality.
    If they just hired someone to read all the posts on this forum, and tried to address the issues most complained, they would've had a better OS.

Posted via CB10
    Man go bth and moan somewhere else please. You have apple and android with more "mature" oses and are way more laggy in basic functions. Lagging is the last thing anyone should be complaining about when talking about the smoothest os out there.

Posted via International Passport
    miker476 likes this.
    04-28-15 11:37 AM
    Thanks slagman5 for the tip...will take your advice on the OS update as soon as or when I decide to get the classic...which is really soon, I guess. Lol.

Posted via CB10
    I also recommend using the blitz to do the update instead of an autoloader. I've actually heard more problems with autoloaders for some reason.

04-28-15 12:29 PM
    Man go bth and moan somewhere else please. You have apple and android with more "mature" oses and are way more laggy in basic functions. Lagging is the last thing anyone should be complaining about when talking about the smoothest os out there.

Don't ever go full fanboy.

jas1978 likes this.
    04-28-15 12:31 PM
    I tried the classic and didn't find it to be a compelling upgrade from the Q10, espaiclly in light of the fact that it has a sealed battery. Since you are happy with the passport, as am I, the hardware buttons and a slightly larger screen and keyboard are all you will get over a much cheaper Q10, so it is up to you whether that is worth buying.

I wish I could be totally content with my passport. I envy you. Notice my signature line... I'm a blackberry user, not a fan boy.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on a Note 3. Giving my Passport a rest.
    04-28-15 12:44 PM
    Don't ever go full fanboy.

Hey slagman how about you get off my back on every single post I comment... its getting creepy as hell man im afraid to comment something because youre everywhere youre a sick person stop commenting me everywhere.

04-28-15 02:32 PM
    Hey slagman how about you get off my back on every single post I comment... its getting creepy as hell man im afraid to comment something because youre everywhere youre a sick person stop commenting me everywhere.

Don't be so full of yourself. I reply to a lot of people. You're not special because I happened to reply to you more than once...

04-28-15 02:47 PM
    Don't be so full of yourself. I reply to a lot of people. You're not special because I happened to reply to you more than once...

O okay so youre a no lifer who replies to everyone. All I know is every time I comment something anywhere and a rarely do I see you commenting me. Just stop man its weird af

04-28-15 03:08 PM
    Don't do it OP! You will end up using classic over passport!

Posted via CB10
    04-28-15 03:42 PM
    O okay so youre a no lifer who replies to everyone. All I know is every time I comment something anywhere and a rarely do I see you commenting me. Just stop man its weird af

Um, again, don't be so full of yourself. I don't even bother looking at who I'm actually replying to. I didn't even realize I've ever addressed you at all until I noticed you crying about the same thing in more than one thread...

04-28-15 03:46 PM
  22. fridaybeatsmondayanygivensunday's Avatar
    I tried the classic and didn't find it to be a compelling upgrade from the Q10, espaiclly in light of the fact that it has a sealed battery. Since you are happy with the passport, as am I, the hardware buttons and a slightly larger screen and keyboard are all you will get over a much cheaper Q10, so it is up to you whether that is worth buying.

I wish I could be totally content with my passport. I envy you. Notice my signature line... I'm a blackberry user, not a fan boy.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on a Note 3. Giving my Passport a rest.
    Thanks for the feedback. CharlieV. I had an iphone, 9900, note 2, Htc x+1, 1020,and Q10...it was the Q10 that settled for due to the keyboard. I guess it's a matter what I use the device more often for. I loved the note 2. Great screen and like the os also the hub and BlackBerry's calendar apps was just much suited for my line of work. Also, enjoy the note phone for games and media consumption and my ipad got me covered on those.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-15 04:58 PM
    I'd recommend the classic

Posted via my BlackBerry Classic
    04-28-15 05:30 PM