is a powerhouse!

No TLDR, just saying when you pick up a Classic, even picturing the old Bold phones. It's got a great feel on the back of the phone and the keyboard is fun again. Shortcuts everywhere? Yes please. Snap installed in 30 seconds? Sure. Even liking the cursor integration across Android apps into MS Lync. Very seamless.

I'm feeling that battery weight, coming from a Z10, but I am so happy to say goodbye to the Z10 battery forever. Go Classic. Everyone!
    Hopefully I feel this way in a week, lol.
    04-06-15 01:57 PM
    Welcome to the club! Loving it all the way too. Hope you enjoy it for what it is and don't listen to the naysayers.

Posted via CB10
    kevets and andy957 like this.
    04-06-15 01:59 PM
    Agree. It's a well made device that works well for those who communicate.

Be classically hip with the BlackBerry Classic
    kevets and andy957 like this.
    04-06-15 02:16 PM
    I have seen great comments on here about the classic. Ordered one from Amazon warehouse deals over the weekend and should have it tomorrow. Looking toward to trying it out.

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Passport
    04-06-15 02:43 PM
    Welcome to the BlackBerry Classic Family, have fun.

Posted via CB10
    awindsr likes this.
    04-06-15 04:57 PM
    Enjoy your new BlackBerry Classic! This device is a real treat to work on for those who communicate heavily.
    04-06-15 07:00 PM
    Excellent post! The classic is easily my favourite BlackBerry device, even after 4 trouble free years with my Bold 9900. The Classic is a workhorse and more than capable of performing all business tasks with speed and accuracy, battery performance eliminates my desire to need a second battery and the keyboard is exactly what I was hoping for!

I support everything you've said, the BlackBerry Classic is the best phone I've ever had the privilege of using.

Storm 2 > Bold 9900 > Classic
    andy957 and kevets like this.
    04-06-15 07:21 PM
    One of the best tips is to set up your Classic the way you likr it and NOT put the sim in and leave it on WiFi for 4 or 5 days to let your accounts index. Then put your sim in and go. I came from a Passport and was worried about Q10 lag and after I set the phone up this way there was no lag.

Posted via CB10
    rayporsche likes this.
    04-06-15 07:26 PM
    is a powerhouse!

No TLDR, just saying when you pick up a Classic, even picturing the old Bold phones. It's got a great feel on the back of the phone and the keyboard is fun again. Shortcuts everywhere? Yes please. Snap installed in 30 seconds? Sure. Even liking the cursor integration across Android apps into MS Lync. Very seamless.

I'm feeling that battery weight, coming from a Z10, but I am so happy to say goodbye to the Z10 battery forever. Go Classic. Everyone!
    May just be my next purchase...or wait for a Classic II with more horsepower under the hood.
    04-06-15 07:26 PM
    One of the best tips is to set up your Classic the way you likr it and NOT put the sim in and leave it on WiFi for 4 or 5 days to let your accounts index. Then put your sim in and go. I came from a Passport and was worried about Q10 lag and after I set the phone up this way there was no lag.

Posted via CB10
    I have to disagree with this -- it's hard to enjoy your new device when you can only use part of it because you haven't completely set it up. I've had absolutely no problems with accounts indexing either via the mobile network or Wi-Fi or switching between both for that matter. The whole point of BlackBerry is to be able to get up and go, and leaving your device idle on a table for almost a week just so it can "index" defeats that purpose.
    04-06-15 07:34 PM
    Enjoy ur new device. Have had mine since January (had the Z10 and Q10). Easily my fave device by far. And I have owned the 9900 too. I communicate a lot for work and personal life and the PKB is just such a necessity for me.

Posted via Classic
    04-06-15 07:48 PM
    I'm very satisfy with my BlackBerry Classic, so much productive in term of work now because of Blackberry. It's a super powerful gadget that every businessman should own one. Thank you Blackberry, it's a great device,

Posted via Blackberry Classic
    04-06-15 08:07 PM
    My first BlackBerry was 9700 and I thought it was the best. I have tried many and recently I ditched Passport as a daily driver in favor of Classic. The build quality, the look&feel, and toolbelt with 4 row KB gave me that feeling of the best phone again.
    Enjoy your Classic!

Posted via CB10
    tnewton3 and andy957 like this.
    04-06-15 10:46 PM
  14. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    agree OP .. BlackBerry Classis IS an awesome device!!
    Oz Inglorious likes this.
    04-06-15 11:05 PM
    Totally agree, coming from Oneplus One and logically the specs does not rival but the feel of the keyboard, size, the hub and toolbelt feels that I can't let it go away from my hands.

So much buttons to press! I love it

From my Classic
    GRojasHruska likes this.
    04-07-15 07:17 AM
    It may not have that mind-reading telepathic keyboard the Z10 has, but just flicking through things and the feel of having a keyboard you can put your hands on and not screw up what you see on the screen is great.
    04-07-15 03:58 PM
    I have to disagree with this -- it's hard to enjoy your new device when you can only use part of it because you haven't completely set it up. I've had absolutely no problems with accounts indexing either via the mobile network or Wi-Fi or switching between both for that matter. The whole point of BlackBerry is to be able to get up and go, and leaving your device idle on a table for almost a week just so it can "index" defeats that purpose.
    I believe this is a tip/trick for when you sync with "Forever" and have very large email accounts. If you use Sync Timeframes of less than Forever, I don't think this makes much of a difference.
    04-07-15 04:05 PM
    Definitely liking the spacebar for scrolling through pages. Good stuff.

Posted via CB10
    andy957 likes this.
    04-07-15 06:28 PM
    is a powerhouse!

Funny thing, I've been considering it, how well does it's mobile wifi network thingy work?

If it's powerful enough I'm thinking of using it as my communicator phone (Android sucks for organizing calendars, contacts, and everything else).
    04-07-15 06:32 PM
    Mobile hotspot? It works great. Toggle on off in quick settings, and it can function as a wifi switch if you want devices on the hotspot to communicate with each other.

Posted via CB10
    andy957 likes this.
    04-07-15 07:00 PM
    Would be nice if they could work some QNX magic in the miracast streaming to do proper widescreen. That said, I was connected and sending to my Roku 3 in about 5 seconds. Pretty nice. I do want to experiment with a port replicator and desktop setup.

Android MS Remote Desktop app still won't launch Azure RemoteApp, but hopefully that is fixed in an update.

BB10 Facebook is still laughably behind for a BlackBerry native app. Almost everything else has a good premium feel now.

Great great phone. It's hilarious holding my Classic next to the iPhone 5 i just picked up for my other half. That thing feels like a cracker compared to the Classic

Wider is better!
    andy957 likes this.
    04-08-15 09:41 AM
    Great = Classic astounds me every day.

Jumped in my new VWgolf yesterday. Wanted a plumbers in Leigh Nr Manchester. Typed on the front screen on the Classic the name I'm looking for; up pops the browser with the dealer + address (tap); up pops the navigator (tap); bluetooth pipes in immediately with directions shoving everything through to the car stereo - no setting up, apart from the initial stuff.

Staggered very good!
    04-09-15 10:36 PM
    Here's another one. How easy it to quit an app on the iPhone? How easy it on a Classic? Real easy that's what.

Posted via CB10
    Xenolock likes this.
    04-09-15 11:11 PM
    Agreed! Had the classic for almost a week, came from the Q10 and absolutely love the device.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-15 08:53 AM
    Outlook preview and Lync 2013 are up and running now. Well, Outlook just crashed, but it ran for a while! Complained about no google services but it worked.

Some apps don't seem to integrate as nicely with the android runtime notifications in hub. Hopefully that improves.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-15 12:18 PM
33 12