I don't use the BB assistant on my Classic. I find its key (between the volume keys) to be very convenient.

I think it can be very productive, if there is a way to reprogram it to take voice notes on the go.

Now, I assign a shortcut key on my keyboard to open the remember app where I can add voice notes, yet the proposed method can be faster specially if you don't have to unlock the phone.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-17 09:46 PM
    You can do this with a 3rd party app from BBW. There are 2 apps that I recommend for assigning button shortcuts, one being doo and the other is App Manager. However, you have to unlock the phone before you can do this.
    07-08-17 11:32 PM
    Thank you, Brookie. Both recommendations look like they can satisfy my needs. But I have a question if you dont mind. If I extend my locking period, can I use them while from an off-screen, or do I have to open the device and go beyond the lock screen to be able to launch the shortcut?

Posted via CB10
    07-09-17 01:41 AM
    You will always have to unlock the device first using picture password or your pin then you can double click the Play/Pause (or assistant) button and your Remember app will start. If you extend the locking period to the max of 1 hour then you can invoke the Remember app anytime within that hour without having to unlock. If you turn your device off using the power key, you still have to turn it back on (using power key or swipe up etc) BEFORE you can use the Play/Pause key to launch Remember. In other words, your desktop MUST be visible before you can use the shortcut.
    07-09-17 09:39 AM
    Thank you again, Brookie. That was really helpful !!

Posted via CB10
    07-09-17 11:12 AM