At home I have a printer that's connected through WiFi with my laptop. I'm pretty sure it isn't possible to print something from my Classic directly, but I wanted to be sure.
    So does anyone know if it is possible or not?

Posted via CB10
    11-02-15 02:45 PM
    Hi Made in Flanders (is that Belgium ?)
    It depends on your printer brand and capabilities but most of them support a "cloud based" printing.
    In simple words, this means you send the document to a special email address and the server does the job. It requires of course your printer is connected to a router that has access to the Internet.
    For example, see HP Connected (formerly HP ePrint) : https://www.hpconnected.com

Some apps can also handle that, including printer makers ones.
    I've found (not tested) the HP eprint app in the Amazon App Shop; if that's your brand, you may want to test it.

In either case, you have to own a reasonably recent printer to do so. I suggest you check on your brand website it's suppoting it.

Hope it helps,
    11-02-15 03:42 PM
    I have an HP Officejet J4680 All-in-one which is just plain OLD as multifunction devices go. But I installed the HP eprint app from the Amazon appstore and it worked almost instantly. It's not perfect, but I now have straightforward printing capability. I am impressed.

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    11-12-15 11:45 PM
    Print hand (Amazon) does the work.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-15 04:01 AM
    +1 for printhand. It found the ancient HP1022 (thru equally ancient network adapter) in my cubical & does a nice job. Same thing with virtually all of networked HPs on our floor. No such luck for the three Brother MFCs on that floor but I haven't pursued them very hard.

Actually wind up using HP eprint on my Classic mostly. Usually to an HP Envy in my cubical for color print and scan. Just gotta keep everything in Pdf. Jpg wants to force photo paper but Pdf works nicely for converted cad to letter sized paper for times when that's convenient.

Now if I could just edit dwg & send to our plotter room from Classic...
    Last edited by idssteve; 11-13-15 at 06:11 AM.
    11-13-15 05:57 AM
    11-13-15 06:30 AM
    I have a Brother laser printer at home hooked up to my WiFi network. Downloaded the iBrother print (Android) software to my Classic and it works fine. Not ideal, but passable.

Posted via CB10
    MDoza likes this.
    11-15-15 10:40 AM
    Good to hear that works. I am switching from android to a classic so that info will come in handy.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-17-15 06:06 AM