I've had my q10 for nearly 2 years now, and it is still rock solid, very smooth and does everything it needs to do. However, recently I've became a bit bored with it. So I was looking for a new phone. The passport doesn't look anything for me because of the 'weird' keyboard, and I'm not sure either about the blackberry priv. A short fling with the Z10 has learned me that I really need a physical keyboard.
    So I was thinking about the Classic. The toolbelt is back, it has a larger screen and better battery. However, I'm a bit scared that the boredom will be back quite soon because it looks a lot like the Q10.
    Also I'm a bit concerned about the screen. It is larger but has the same amount of pixels. So I was wondering if you can see the pixels or if that's not really a problem?
    10-19-15 06:56 AM
    You might want to take a look at youtube video with id J5fuUtbAlwY, around 4th minute. Pixels seem viewable at a specific angle.
    10-19-15 07:22 AM
    If you like your Q10 you will like Classic if you want PKB you are very limited for options and the Classic is half the price Prev will be .I do like mine but getting interested in Prev would be a whole new experience .Best of luck on your choice .
    10-19-15 08:17 AM
    Internally, it is the same phone physically, the Classic is slightly larger/heavier, has an LCD screen, a tool belt, an upgraded keyboard and a non removable battery.

I moved to the Classic from the Q and really like the changes. I make a lot of calls so the Answer and End buttons were a great addition for me. I also send/receive a lot of emails so small shortcuts like double pressing the BlackBerry button to send an email vs touching the upper right part of the screen is a welcomed feature.

You'll probably get bored with any phone if you're given enough time. My Classic is used for business related tasks 98% of the time so the entertainment side doesn't come into play often.

For me, the Classic was an upgrade due to the added functionality of the tool belt and the LCD screen.

Posted via CB10
    davisgq and joewoo like this.
    10-19-15 09:06 AM
    I picked up a classic on ebay to replace my q10. So far I really like the toolbelt and form-factor of this device. The only negative change for me was the microsd slot is not nearly as easy to access vs the q10, but that's easily fixed with a USB cord.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-15 09:54 AM
    I feel the same way you feel but I want a removable battery so that way I can stock up a few just in case BlackBerry stops making handsets. My advice to you is keep the Q10 but buy some new accessories for it.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-15 10:11 AM
    Tool belt makes Classic THE single handed friendly BB10 device, IMO. If you're happy with your Q10, there's really minimal reason to change. Same specs with larger screen but also larger and heavier overall AND loss of swappable battery. Marketing genius at its worst, IMO.

If, like many of us, you miss the efficient precision toolbelt provides, Classic is your best bet.
    10-19-15 10:49 AM
    99XX, best keyboard ever made....then, the Classic came to town. And the history books were changed. Oh, and that "end" key. Hang up w/ authority! Lol

BleedBlk-
    idssteve likes this.
    10-19-15 11:30 AM
    Thanks for all the replies.

Would you guys say that the screen on the classic is better? (I'm not sure what the difference between LCD and amoled is).
    I don't really mind the fact you can't swap a battery because I never needed to do it.
    I would also love the track pad because I hate editing words or letters with a touchscreen.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-15 02:00 PM
    Internally, it is the same phone physically, the Classic is slightly larger/heavier, has an LCD screen, a tool belt, an upgraded keyboard and a non removable battery.

I moved to the Classic from the Q and really like the changes. I make a lot of calls so the Answer and End buttons were a great addition for me. I also send/receive a lot of emails so small shortcuts like double pressing the BlackBerry button to send an email vs touching the upper right part of the screen is a welcomed feature.

You'll probably get bored with any phone if you're given enough time. My Classic is used for business related tasks 98% of the time so the entertainment side doesn't come into play often.

For me, the Classic was an upgrade due to the added functionality of the tool belt and the LCD screen.

Posted via CB10
    This right here
    10-19-15 03:23 PM
    Thanks for all the replies.

Would you guys say that the screen on the classic is better? (I'm not sure what the difference between LCD and amoled is).
    I don't really mind the fact you can't swap a battery because I never needed to do it.
    I would also love the track pad because I hate editing words or letters with a touchscreen.

Posted via CB10
    The screen on the Classic appears sharper than on the Q10. The Classic is, as others have said, a lot more sturdier and professional-looking/feeling than the Q10. I love my Classic just as much as I loved the Q10 until some of the keys started not to work on it. And that slightly larger screen on the Classic really does make a world of difference.
    Baritone Astoria likes this.
    10-19-15 03:25 PM
    It's a WORLD of difference! You will end up using both!
    10-19-15 03:31 PM
    I upgraded to the Classic from the Q10 and now my wife uses the Q, so I periodically use it still when I'm on her phone. I can tell you that you will not regret the upgrade! The Classic is waaaaay better in practice. I remember when I first got the Classic and it took me a couple of days to really appreciate the difference but now I can't even imagine going back. Had it for almost a year, still works like brand new.
    Plus, the Classic is so much more 'classic'!

Posted via CB10
    Baritone Astoria likes this.
    10-19-15 04:17 PM
    I also send/receive a lot of emails so small shortcuts like double pressing the BlackBerry button to send an email vs touching the upper right part of the screen is a welcomed feature.
    oh I didn't know this... this tip is niiiiiiice...

I like this to get to quick menu on the home screen so I don't have to reach up top to pull down....
    idssteve likes this.
    10-19-15 07:05 PM
    ohh menu actually selects the 2nd time.. nice.. I have a physical button for my flashlight now woohoo
    10-19-15 07:07 PM
    Joewoo, it also works with texting.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-15 07:34 PM
    I think you all convinced me!
    I'm getting a Classic!
    Thank you for all the replies.
    wilber1 and idssteve like this.
    10-20-15 06:18 AM
    Nice!!! Let us know your thoughts. I'm sure the Classic won't disappoint.
    10-20-15 09:17 AM
    I wish they made a real premium Classic like a Red, or Red and Aluminum. To my surprise the entire enclosure isn't steel I've got a nasty chip on my right corner. Phone still works I guess...but the plastic on bottom sucks

J Be....Here But Gone...
    10-20-15 11:16 AM
    It's a lot different from the Q10.

The keyboard is the absolute best BlackBerry has ever produced, no question about it - even the Bold 9900 does not come close to it.

The phone does feel a lot more substantial in its build - whether it is more premium is up for debate however. The Q10's sleek black look with glass weave back is quite nice - and my friends say the Q10 looks more modern.

The Classic is not without its issues - my first one had a loose toolbelt and creaked at the end key.

My current one has a creaky spacebar and the Sim and SD trays do not sit flush and protrude out - making it look quite cheap. I can also see the glue on a part of the screen!

But if you're itching for a change - the Classic will not disappoint it does feel very nice in the hand.

It's the keyboard though, it's so amazing!

Posted via CB10
    10-20-15 12:37 PM