I recently picked up a Classic from Staples, but noticed it was made in February 2015. When I looked at its keyboard, it seemed to have a more glossy slick finish, compared to a unit made in August, which seemed to have a more matte finished keyboard. Does anyone else notice any differences in make, depending on when the phone was made? Or am I just seeing things?

Posted via CB10
    12-10-15 04:07 PM
    I recently picked up a Classic from Staples, but noticed it was made in February 2015. When I looked at its keyboard, it seemed to have a more glossy slick finish, compared to a unit made in August, which seemed to have a more matte finished keyboard. Does anyone else notice any differences in make, depending on when the phone was made? Or am I just seeing things?

Posted via CB10
    Is there a difference in height on the power buttons on your two devices?

Someone here had a thread saying his new Classic had the power button flush with the top of his phone, while his 1 year old Classic had the power button raised a bit above the top of the phone.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-15 04:42 PM
    Don't think there's any difference in height of power button.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-15 05:31 PM
    There is for me. Last Christmas I got a black classic n the power button is raised a bit. Bought the Blue Classic I august and it's almost flush. Has to be a difference
    12-10-15 06:04 PM
    Glossy usually means it's been used for a while no?

Matte is brand new - maybe upload a pic op?

#qwerty #glassweave #darkhorse
    12-10-15 06:28 PM
    I think my Blue Classic was made in October it seems as the number of the side is 241015. Is that right number for the date?

Posted via CB10
    12-10-15 06:31 PM
    I think my Blue Classic was made in October it seems as the number of the side is 241015. Is that right number for the date?

Posted via CB10
    Yes that's the number!

Posted via CB10
    12-10-15 06:54 PM
    Glossy usually means it's been used for a while no?

Matte is brand new - maybe upload a pic op?

#qwerty #glassweave #darkhorse
    I don't have the newer one anymore but the keypad certainly had less gloss than an older model I just picked up, where the keys look quite shiny.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-15 06:55 PM
    Did you miss the newer one? Is that why you picked up a used one? I am really enjoying the keyboard and form factor. There is something to be said for one handedness and the best physical keyboard made to date. And it's plenty fast enough for my needs.

The newest member....Cobalt Classic
    12-10-15 09:46 PM

Posted via CB10
    I did indeed notice the same thing. I got my 3rd Classic yesterday, it was made in October and it has the best build quality of them all. The keyboard is evenly lit (finally!!!) and the keypad itself has a more matte finish than the previous ones.
    12-11-15 01:59 AM
    Good to see I'm not the only one noticing these things! Wonder why BlackBerry would make such subtle changes in their hardware like this?

Posted via CB10
    12-11-15 02:04 AM