Hi guys, while my bf has a BlackBerry classic with bb10 OS, I have a BlackBerry Keyone with Android. Since BBM has been discontinued, I switched to BBMe, which doesn't seem to be an option for my bf's phone. So is there any messaging app still left that would run smoothly on both my phone AND his? thx a lot.
    06-04-19 10:07 AM
    my bf has a BlackBerry classic with bb10 OS, I have a BlackBerry Keyone with Android. Since BBM has been discontinued, I switched to BBMe, which doesn't seem to be an option for my bf's phone.
    Your BF doesn't need BBMe, just add him as a contact on your BBMe.
    CrackPriv likes this.
    06-04-19 11:31 AM
    Hi guys, while my bf has a BlackBerry classic with bb10 OS, I have a BlackBerry Keyone with Android. Since BBM has been discontinued, I switched to BBMe, which doesn't seem to be an option for my bf's phone. So is there any messaging app still left that would run smoothly on both my phone AND his? thx a lot.
    Or, TEXT MESSAGING.
    excollier likes this.
    06-04-19 11:34 AM
    Your BF doesn't need BBMe, just add him as a contact on your BBMe.
    But how does he receive the messages then? And when I try to add him, it would just send a link to download BBMe...
    06-04-19 11:37 AM
    Text messaging is not on option-we are often in different countries, so it would get expensive over time.
    06-04-19 11:38 AM
    But how does he receive the messages then?
    No idea what you're asking. His BBM works as per normal.

And when I try to add him, it would just send a link to download BBMe...
    Add his PIN directly.
    CrackPriv likes this.
    06-04-19 11:38 AM
    After 31.5., our BBMs stopped working, since the service has been obviously discontinued. So once I go on BBM, it would redirect me to an error page. Same for him. So yeah, is there any other app we could use?
    06-04-19 12:06 PM
    After 31.5., our BBMs stopped working, since the service has been obviously discontinued. So once I go on BBM, it would redirect me to an error page. Same for him. So yeah, is there any other app we could use?
    The BB10 service was never discontinued. The shutdown only applied to Android and iOS. I dunno what's going on with his BBM, but it should be working as per normal and you should be able to add him on your BBMe but if you say it's not working, so be it.

Try WhatsApp, he can download the Android version directly from the WhatsApp site - https://www.whatsapp.com/android/ and just ignore the error message or try FB Messenger Lite on his device. Both WhatsApp and FB Messenger will work fine on your device.
    06-04-19 12:32 PM
    And if I want to add him by pin to BBMe, how do I get his pin?
    06-04-19 02:06 PM
    And if I want to add him by pin to BBMe, how do I get his pin?
    Have him open his BBM profile on his device and give it to you or have him go to Settings>About>Category>Hardware>PIN and give it to you.
    06-04-19 02:11 PM
    Many, many thanks!
    Bla1ze likes this.
    06-04-19 03:06 PM
    Have him open his BBM profile on his device and give it to you or have him go to Settings>About>Category>Hardware>PIN and give it to you.
    Or he simply types "mypin" literally anywhere. It'll change into the pin you need.

(Just to let you know, it works similar to typing "mynumber")
    06-06-19 10:01 AM