Hi y'all,

I bought a Blackberry Classic and did not do any prior research about network compatibility options in 2022. Contacted Tello, USMobile, TMobile, and Consumer Cellular, and the answer has been the phone is unable to be used. I purchased this phone on eBay advertised as an AT&T unlocked phone so maybe there's a chance it's not actually unlocked. I only want to use the phone for talk and text.

What carriers work on the Classic as of today?
    09-28-22 01:58 PM
    Hi y'all,

I bought a Blackberry Classic and did not do any prior research about network compatibility options in 2022. Contacted Tello, USMobile, TMobile, and Consumer Cellular, and the answer has been the phone is unable to be used. I purchased this phone on eBay advertised as an AT&T unlocked phone so maybe there's a chance it's not actually unlocked. I only want to use the phone for talk and text.

What carriers work on the Classic as of today?
    None of the USA Carrier's are accepting phones that don't meet current VoLTE requirements at this point. Classic doesn't offer the new VoLTE standards so it requires a 2G or 3G connection for voice calls. While some on T-Mobile or Verizon might still be using a Classic, new activations just aren't officially allowed as those networks are going away.
    09-28-22 02:36 PM