I understand the point of my BlackBerry Classic. It is a refreshed iteration of the 9900. I love the feel of this phone. Gives me the confidence of days past. With the luxuries of today's technology.

I saw a render of what the "Q20 " could have been. Was very similar in design to the Z30. I'm sorry I don't have a link or picture.
    I would have enjoyed a taller thinner Classic. I love the look of a thinner phone and feel as if the could really be on to something with the "slider " but would love a single slab of glass 3.5 inches diagonal with a qwerty keyboard and a capacitive touch toolbelt with a trackpad.

Just a random thought. But would love that.

EDIT; I've attached some photos. These pretty much sums up what I'm talking about.

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 350968
    Attachment 350969
    Last edited by Mikey Mc; 05-04-15 at 08:46 AM.
    05-01-15 04:44 PM
    Sounds Good to me but doubt it will happen some people here would like a smaller Classic like Q10 .However the size you stated with High end specs. for Me would be a buyer.
    05-01-15 05:44 PM
    I agree with wilber1, a hybrid of the Q10 and Classic. Don't get me wrong, the Classic is a great phone and I'll be using it for a long time, but BlackBerry could have had this a long time ago by adding a tool belt and LCD screen to the Q10.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-15 06:12 PM
    I liked the size of the 9900, it fit your hand well and slid into any pocket.
    05-01-15 08:04 PM
    I understand the point of my BlackBerry Classic. It is a refreshed iteration of the 9900. I love the feel of this phone. Gives me the confidence of days past. With the luxuries of today's technology.

I saw a render of what the "Q20 " could have been. Was very similar in design to the Z30. I'm sorry I don't have a link or picture.
    I would have enjoyed a taller thinner Classic. I love the look of a thinner phone and feel as if the could really be on to something with the "slider " but would love a single slab of glass 3.5 inches diagonal with a qwerty keyboard and a capacitive touch toolbelt with a trackpad.

Just a random thought. But would love that.

Posted via CB10
    So you mean like a Passport?

Posted via CB Z30
    05-01-15 08:09 PM
    Have fun trying to access the top menu one-handed...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    05-01-15 08:12 PM
    Taller thinner Classic?-crackberry-image-5-.jpg

The far right is what I mean

Posted via CB10
    05-04-15 08:47 AM
    For me that's probably too big. The Classic as it is now is about the same size physically as mainstream phones, so it fits in my hands perfectly and isn't cumbersome.

Posted from my non-camera BlackBerry Classic
    05-04-15 09:20 AM
    Basically it's a slider that doesn't slide.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-15 12:55 PM
    I don't how you will be able to type on a physical keyboard that long without having it top heavy.

The classic is as big and heavy as I would want a daily driver.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-15 04:29 PM
    Smaller Classic is a Q10. Why bother making it?

Posted via CB10
    05-04-15 05:09 PM
    I don't how you will be able to type on a physical keyboard that long without having it top heavy.

The classic is as big and heavy as I would want a daily driver.

Posted via CB10
    I think that's why OP also wants it to also be thinner. The Classic does have a nice sturdy and heavy feel to it (in a good way).

Posted via CB10
    05-04-15 06:40 PM
    There won't be new aspect ratios.
    05-04-15 07:02 PM
    Smaller Classic is a Q10. Why bother making it?

Posted via CB10
    Because the Q10 doesn't have the tool belt...

I actually preferred the size of the 9900 over the Classic...
    05-04-15 08:54 PM
    I think that's why OP also wants it to also be thinner. The Classic does have a nice sturdy and heavy feel to it (in a good way).

Posted via CB10
    That is pretty much exactly what I mean.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-15 04:56 AM
    There won't be new aspect ratios.
    16:9 isn't new at all

Posted via CB10
    05-05-15 04:57 AM
    This would make the phone monstrous and odd shaped. I'd prefer it get some fat trimmed and drop a bit in size, but retain the screen size as best they could. Get rid of the BB logo under the mic, and do the keyboard similar to the XT560(which is rumored to have actually licensed it's keys/design from BB)
    Taller thinner Classic?-motorola-defy-pro-xt560-338.jpg

Even though the keys are at the bottom edge of the screen, there's no usability issues. The phone was also waterproof and the keys slightly rubberized. LOVED the size of this phone. Add a 1:1 screen(because BB loves them?) to this, remove the gap near the Moto logo, update the keyboard, keep the water/dustproofing and I'd jump all over an updated version of this.
    sergiocosta likes this.
    05-05-15 07:14 AM
    Reduce the gap of the logo above the front camera. Straight a litle the toolbelt and also the gap between the space key. The display would be nicely bigger and please put the phone a litle thinner.
    Install the passport specs a sell it for a reasonable price!!!! Sucessec Phone for sure ! To have developers producing apps is necessary big sell phones and markting

Posted via CB10
    05-05-15 08:11 AM
    16:9 isn't new at all

Posted via CB10
    The tool belt is part of the "screen", so it really isn't part of the screen and it's not actually 16:9. Unless is a virtual tool belt, in which case, how dumb.
    05-05-15 12:01 PM