I have an 8 inch Android tablet I purchased a month ago at Best Buy. It has Marshmellow 6.0.1. It has never connected to the BB Classic hotspot and I have tried everything. It is an Insignia tablet made by RCA.

I have two Blackberry Classics, one is my personal one on AT&T, the second one is on Verizon and is provided by my employer. I have the same issue with both phones.

The tablet will connect with no problem to my two wireless routers at home.

I can tether my BB Classic using Bluetooth to the tablet and connect to the internet.

I cannot connect the tablet to the hotspot for either BB Classic.

I have a laptop and have no problem connecting the laptop (W7) to the BB Classic hotspot.

I have no issue connecting the tablet to my wife's IPhone hotspot.

Any suggestions. I have literally tried everything. I called tech support for Insignia and they could not help.

I called AT&T tech support and they could not help. They connected me to BB support but since it is out of warranty they will not help unless I pay for tech support.

Any suggestions? Anyone else have trouble connecting a tablet to a BB Classic hotspot?

And yes I did upgrade the BB 10 OS when it became available a few weeks ago from AT&T but the upgrade did not help with this problem. The tablet sees the hotspot but when I choose connect it eventually says wireless connection failed.
    Last edited by jkc054; 03-23-17 at 06:27 PM.
    03-23-17 06:14 PM
    Try Recreating your Hotspot.
    1. Go to Mobile Hotspot Setting (Moble Hotspot has to be off)
    2. Hit the two sliders at the bottom and middle of the screen to go to the Configure screen
    3. Hit the cog at the bottom and middle of the screen. This will reset all the configuration.

Create a new name, password, and you may want to start off with the 2.4 GHz band (change later to 5 GHz if you desire and if it is supported).
    Try now to connect from scratch with your pad to the BB Classic and also test other devices.

let us know how it goes
    03-24-17 09:17 AM
    I will give it a try though the tablet does not support the 5 GHz band. I found out that only the more expensive and newer tablets support 5 GHz and my tablet is new but not one of the more expensive tablets.
    03-24-17 11:04 AM
    I will give it a try though the tablet does not support the 5 GHz band. I found out that only the more expensive and newer tablets support 5 GHz and my tablet is new but not one of the more expensive tablets.
    Okay, so make sure to choose 2 GHz when you reset your Hotspot settings on your BB Classic.
    03-24-17 11:15 AM
    Will do.
    03-24-17 11:21 AM
    I just tested this on my Z30 on BB10 OS Version 10.3.3.2163.

Dell Venue 8 7000, Android Lollipop 5.1, won't connect with message saying "Can't download attachment"
    MacBook Air, Sierra 10.12.2, works

Perhaps there's something 10.3.3.x transmits to the client device that's not working?
    Last edited by cbvinh; 03-26-17 at 08:11 PM.
    03-26-17 02:08 AM