I am thinking about moving from my Z10 to Classic mainly for the keyboard and battery life. I really like my Z10 which I have had for 14 months or so months, but really miss the physical keyboard. I am not very tech savy so I want to make sure I understand what it will take.

If I purchase an unlocked phone from Amazaon or Blackberry can I just insert the SIM card from my Z10 and go? I would consider buying one from AT&T just want to understand what my options are.

How hard will it be to transfer data from my Z10 to Classic? I use Blackberry link to backup my phone.

Thanks in advance for any help!
    Last edited by PW2012; 02-26-15 at 08:54 AM.
    02-26-15 08:21 AM
    Good choice. Nothing beats the pkb on the Classic.

Okay maybe 9900, but that's legacy BlackBerry so technically incomparable

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 08:25 AM
    The sim card for the Z10 is not compatible with the Classic. The Classic needs a nano sim. Go to any ATT store, the card should be free.
    02-26-15 09:37 AM
    I am thinking about moving from my Z10 to Classic mainly for the keyboard and battery life. I really like my Z10 which I have had for 14 months or so months, but really miss the physical keyboard. I am not very tech savy so I want to make sure I understand what it will take.

If I purchase an unlocked phone from Amazaon or Blackberry can I just insert the SIM card from my Z10 and go? I would consider buying one from AT&T just want to understand what my options are.

How hard will it be to transfer data from my Z10 to Classic? I use Blackberry link to backup my phone.

Thanks in advance for any help!
    Not sure about the transferring of contacts, since I just use my Windows ID contacts so I needn't worry about transferring.

Regarding the SIM card, though:

The Z10 uses a micro SIM. The classic uses a nano sim. You either gotta trim the Z10 sim card to fit the classic, or activate a nano sim for the classic, and use an adapter to SIM switch between devices.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport or Classic.
    02-26-15 09:38 AM
    It's very easy to transfer data using Link. However, if you have Gmail it syncs all your contacts, email and calendar pretty well...

Posted via CB10
    02-27-15 10:01 PM
    Thanks to all for the help! Now to buy a classic!
    02-28-15 02:11 PM
    went from z10 to classic myself. got the nano sim at the at&t store for free, no issue. was able to do the transfer of data between link and blend, as prompted. as for contacts, my contacts and calendar are associated with my live account. once i accessed that account on my classic, that information ported over, no issue.

in all, it's been a fairly smooth and painless transition! enjoy!
    02-28-15 02:58 PM