I must stay with T-Mobile due to my employer paying my monthly bill. Yesterday T-Mobile said they can no longer order the BB Classic. What?! How can I get my hands on one now? And know for sure it will work with T-Mobile?
    06-01-16 09:58 PM
    Get unlocked classic from shop BlackBerry. I am sure it will work on T-Mobile

Posted via CB10
    lopez2013 likes this.
    06-01-16 10:04 PM
    BlackBerry Classic Models and Supported Frequencies

You need the SQC100-4 version for T-Mobile USA. Most of the BB Classic GSM Unlocked sold in the USA are this model but check with the vendor to be sure.
    bakron1 and lopez2013 like this.
    06-01-16 10:08 PM
    Amazon still sells them right?

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    06-02-16 12:48 PM
    Amazon still sells them right?

Yep BlackBerry Classic SQC100-4 $350
    lopez2013 likes this.
    06-02-16 01:45 PM
    Well, there's the answer for OP. I don't ever ask where I can buy something if it's available from Amazon, even if it costs a little bit more...

06-02-16 01:56 PM
    Go to craigslist, it's a ton of them up there, don't pay over $150 for one

Posted via CB10
    06-03-16 10:30 AM
    Thx man, That helps me out tremendously! I should never have left BB. My wife convinced me to give the touch smart phones a try....Horrible decision. For the past 3 years I could not get use to the touch screens for texting and emailing.
    Gonna order a BB Classic very VERY soon.
    Thx everyone for your helpful input!
    06-03-16 05:06 PM
    OH,...let me ask this. The SIMs card,...do I still need to buy that from T-Mobile only? Or is that something Amazon would also offer to buy?

..sorry,.Im not to up on the technological as much as I should be. But I'm working on it :-)
    06-03-16 05:28 PM
    TMo needs to provide your SIM, but you should not have to pay for it. Smile when you say it.

What a CLASSIC!
    06-03-16 06:57 PM
    If you want a Classic fully compatible with T-Mobile that comes with a warranty and at a fair price, I suggest you purchase via shop.blackberry... The Classic SQC100-4 that they sell is the SAME as T-Mobile's... I have a T-Mobile Classic as well as shop.bb. Colbalt Blue Classic, both running OS 10.3.2.2789 (the OS I recommend you use if you prefer WFC) and all functions perfectly on T-Mobile's Network... From performance to WFC to VolLTE/HD Voice, etc... All is well...

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by CivilDissident; 06-04-16 at 04:26 AM.
    06-03-16 08:52 PM
    If you want a Classic fully compatible with T-Mobile, I suggest you shop via shop.blackberry.com... The Classic SQC100-4 that they sell is the SAME as T-Mobile's... I have a T-Mobile Classic as well as shop.bb. Colbalt Blue Classic, both running OS 10.3.2.2789 (the OS I recommend you use if you prefer WFC) and all functions perfectly on T-Mobile's Network... From performance to WFC to VolLTE/HD Voice, etc... All is well...

Posted via CB10
    Thx for the reply. But I noticed a $30-40 price difference from Amazon to the one on the shopBB site? Do I get more of something buying it from BB site? I noticed they have a monthly protection plan to offer. Something Amazon doesn't, ..I don't think. What is "WFC"? Thx.
    06-03-16 11:30 PM
    Thx for the reply. But I noticed a $30-40 price difference from Amazon to the one on the shopBB site? Do I get more of something buying it from BB site? I noticed they have a monthly protection plan to offer. Something Amazon doesn't, ..I don't think. What is "WFC"? Thx.
    Amazon's BlackBerrys are in theory the same, but I prefer to NOT deal with Amazon when buying mobile devices as vendors *can* be shady at times and often it can be a headache... To me, buying from BlackBerry is worth the extra $30-40 as it is much easier to get the device replaced should something go wrong either at unboxing or months down the road... That's just what I feel most comfortable doing, but Amazon works as well... Just my preference is to use shop.blackberry... Also, sometimes the shopBlackBerry store has promos which include bundles on accessories which is a plus for me always... I'm not sure if there is a promo going on currently however, that may be a moot point. And yes, you can get the protection plan as well via shopBlackBerry, I have had good experiences with this as well...

RE: 'WFC'... that is WiFi Calling... If you rely on T-Mobile's WiFi Calling functionality or if you would find it beneficial than I recommend using OS 10.3.2.2789 specifically as a few other OS's will work fine, this one is T-Mobile's last official OS built specifically for T-Mobile services. I find this particular build to be the most stable while getting the most out of T-Mobile's network and service options...

Posted via CB10
    06-04-16 08:52 AM
    This Amazon listing is a third party seller - ThePowerSellers. If you order from this type of seller, you might not get a T-Mobile compatible phone. It could be another model.

If not getting a phone from T-Mobile, I'd go with the Shop BlackBerry phone.
    06-06-16 04:22 PM
    Even if you buy from the marketplace and not shipped by Amazon, if the seller refuses to help you if something is wrong, Amazon will help you. I have the opposite opinion as these two, Amazon is always the less headache route.

kbz1960 likes this.
    06-06-16 05:36 PM
    This Amazon listing is a third party seller - ThePowerSellers. If you order from this type of seller, you might not get a T-Mobile compatible phone. It could be another model.

If not getting a phone from T-Mobile, I'd go with the Shop BlackBerry phone.
    Thats true but its shipped by Amazon anyway. Even soley Amazon listings are wrong so you should always check on delivery. That said Amazon is really good with customer service if you receive the wrong item.
    slagman5 likes this.
    06-06-16 05:52 PM
    Thats true but its shipped by Amazon anyway. Even soley Amazon listings are wrong so you should always check on delivery. That said Amazon is really good with customer service if you receive the wrong item.
    Agreed, Amazon's customer service would bend over backwards to make sure you're satisfied.

06-06-16 09:47 PM
    Agreed, Amazon's customer service would bend over backwards to make sure you're satisfied.

I've had bad experiences with Amazon and mobile devices in the past... I have had great experiences with shopBlackBerry though... I use Amazon for a million and one things, but cell phones are the one thing I'm leery about...

Posted via CB10
    06-07-16 04:49 AM
    On the the plus side, I have been hoarding Classic's Kim Kardashian style, and last week I went to purchase another Blue Classic just because and was sad to see they no longer were in stock... Thought that was the end and Amazon was where I'd have to go, but then this morning I received a restocking email
    T-Mobile stopped future BB Classic orders. Where do I get one now?-img_20160607_054758.png

It's nice to know BlackBerry is still keeping the Classics flowing... ORDERED... Now, if only that SE Passport would drop to the original Passport pricing...

Posted via CB10
    06-07-16 04:52 AM
    I've had bad experiences with Amazon and mobile devices in the past... I have had great experiences with shopBlackBerry though... I use Amazon for a million and one things, but cell phones are the one thing I'm leery about...

Posted via CB10
    Still opposite for me, I've had to return a phone from Amazon before and they took it back without an issue. But that was sold and shipped by Amazon, so I guess it could be different if it was through a 3rd party.

06-07-16 01:23 PM
    I've bought BlackBerry devices from both Amazon and Shop BlackBerry, and overall, Amazon is the better experience and often times cheaper.

The good news is, BlackBerry does RMA repairs or advanced exchanges even with devices bought through Amazon. Amazon also has a great return policy, longer than BlackBerry does. Shop BlackBerry has PayPal Credit so you can pay the phone off, while Amazon has the Amazon Store Card so you can do essentially the same thing.
    lopez2013 likes this.
    06-07-16 02:47 PM