Any news besides the official announcement regarding availability of the Classic through AT&T? Perhaps a release date/rumor? This device finally has me ready to come back to Blackberry over iPhone.
    01-06-15 01:18 PM
    I believe those of us stuck on AT&T are still awaiting word on Passport availability. Get in line and wait your turn.

Q10SQN100-1/10.3.1.1949
    01-06-15 01:25 PM
    You should just buy it unlocked from Amazon. It cost too little to extend a contract for another 2 years.

Posted via BlackBerry Classic
    thedose and Mr4aces like this.
    01-06-15 01:38 PM
    Good friend of mine runs an AT&T store in NJ and asked his DM for me and was told they would carry the Classic and would be available mid-January. So hopefully soon.
    01-06-15 01:41 PM
    Good friend of mine runs an AT&T store in NJ and asked his DM for me and was told they would carry the Classic and would be available mid-January. So hopefully soon.
    Mid-january is almost upon us...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    01-06-15 03:11 PM
    I seriously doubt the Classic would come before the Passport but they do everything else *** backwards so prove me wrong - means I won't have to wait until February to buy it from Amazon cuz I've been due an upgrade lulz
    01-06-15 03:35 PM
    Is it possible they waiting for the testing on their network?
    Mr4aces likes this.
    01-06-15 03:39 PM
    I was told February from local ATT store. 2 months is a long time to wait from launch date. Yes, buy on Amazon
    01-06-15 05:02 PM
    With the new structure of at&t plans it's a better deal to buy it unlocked. Though the Next plan is nice because it lets you buy the phone without interest, and you get the same savings as you get when you bring your own device. The contract plans are no longer very competitive. You end up paying more over time. They are more upfront about that now and they seem to be pushing everyone to the next plan anyway if you talk to actual AT&T people and not franchise employees
    01-06-15 05:12 PM
    With the new structure of at&t plans it's a better deal to buy it unlocked. Though the Next plan is nice because it lets you buy the phone without interest, and you get the same savings as you get when you bring your own device. The contract plans are no longer very competitive. You end up paying more over time. They are more upfront about that now and they seem to be pushing everyone to the next plan anyway if you talk to actual AT&T people and not franchise employees
    Yes, the new contract plans suck. I still have the old grandfathered style contract plan, so for me, upgrading for a subsidized price does not add anything to my bill, just the 2 year obligation, so it works out for me. Although, I'd rather use the upgrade for a new iphone, sell it, buy a Classic, and keep the remaining amount as profit, lol.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    01-06-15 05:34 PM
    Buy it on amazon apply for credit card and get 6 months to pay it off
    01-06-15 05:50 PM
    You can get it using ATT next and pay it off early
    Mr4aces likes this.
    01-06-15 07:22 PM
    Buy it on amazon apply for credit card and get 6 months to pay it off
    This is what I did..not sure if Amazon is still has this deal or not, but I got the Amazon credit card, and they applied a $30 credit to the phone price. I sold my other phone to pay off the credit card right away. Turned out to be a good deal!
    01-06-15 08:10 PM
    This is what I did..not sure if Amazon is still has this deal or not, but I got the Amazon credit card, and they applied a $30 credit to the phone price. I sold my other phone to pay off the credit card right away. Turned out to be a good deal!
    Yeah, why wait till February for ATT have in stock, received mine December 23. Merry Christmas to me. I felt guilty I bought my wife a tablet for Xmas.
    01-06-15 09:33 PM
    What is the benefit of buying it unlocked vs through the carrier? If they are waiting to test it on the network will the unlocked version work? Does the unlocked version have no bloatware?

#tiredoftypingonglass
    01-06-15 09:35 PM
    Well other reasons to get the at&t model is the fact that it has majority of the LTE bands and PMA wireless charging...if you travel a lot this is the model to get...north america, asiapac, aus, euro zone- I do believe this model is most optimal....

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Last edited by Howdizzle; 01-07-15 at 12:03 AM.
    01-06-15 11:51 PM
    I couldn't wait so bought from Amazon, I was shipped a used Classic. Someone else's BB ID, BBM, etc on the phone, box opened, etc. I couldn't setup BB Protect bc I couldn't log out of their account. So clearly I am returning trying to get a replacement, but of course, out of stock now.
    01-07-15 12:04 AM
    I couldn't wait so bought from Amazon, I was shipped a used Classic. Someone else's BB ID, BBM, etc on the phone, box opened, etc. I couldn't setup BB Protect bc I couldn't log out of their account. So clearly I am returning trying to get a replacement, but of course, out of stock now.
    That is just terrible. Did you buy a refurbished one from Amazon Warehouse deals? Or from a third-party vendor?

Posted via BlackBerry Classic
    01-07-15 01:22 AM