I haven't been able to get BB Link to work since my PC was upgraded to Windows 10/Outlook 2016, and I do need to be able to synchronise the boss's contacts + calendar to his BB Classic.

From what I've been reading, it seems that this is no longer possible?!?

Could anyone please advise on this?

Has anyone tried How to sync Outlook with BlackBerry using Sync2 as a third-party solution?

All advice welcome!
    05-30-17 04:44 AM
    Have you setup the email account on the phone and enabled all the sync actions?
    05-30-17 05:16 AM
    I have indeed! I can't remember exactly in what way Blackberry Link didn't work (and the boss currently has the Classic with him out of the country) but I tried several times without success ... Plus found various people on the internet complaining about problems synching BB since Windows 10/Outlook 16 ...
    05-30-17 05:32 AM
    Yeah Link in Win10 is a problem. If you have access to a Win7 machine try that.

However if you are using outlook exchange server and all the contacts and calendar items are in outlook you should be able to get everything synced. Go to hub settings: Email accounts: Tap the email account: Edit: enable the outlook syncs: Click advanced icon (2 lines with dots) on bottom: Select the sync time frame you want.
    05-30-17 05:41 AM
    Thanks, Tim, but no, I don't have access to a Win7 machine (the one that got replaced was a very ancient Vista). And I'm not using Outlook Exchange either ...

I wonder if there's any way of doing this via Office365, for which we now have a monthly subscription?
    05-30-17 07:25 AM
    I haven't used Office365. Wish I could help with that. Is the device configured to the settings I mentioned?
    05-30-17 07:31 AM
    I won't be able to check the configuration of the device till the boss brings it back to the UK (next week) ... Although I thought from what you said that would only be relevant if we used Outlook Exchange Server??
    05-30-17 08:42 AM
    It is relevant to exchange but also might work with Office365. Your boss can do it themself. Takes about 3 minutes.
    05-30-17 08:55 AM
    Nice idea, Tim - but my boss is more adept with the quill pen than anything remotely IT! I'll certainly give it a try when he's back in the country, though.
    05-30-17 09:15 AM
    He can use a feather tip to punch the keys

Good luck and hopefully someone with knowledge about office365 will chime in.
    jjlothin likes this.
    05-30-17 09:31 AM
    LOL!!! Many thanks for all your suggestions, Tim ...
    05-30-17 09:44 AM
    BlackBerry link could work with windows 10. I used it now. You may install link again and it should works.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-17 02:41 AM
    BlackBerry link could work with windows 10. I used it now. You may install link again and it should works.

Posted via CB10
    Many thanks for the suggestion, Zebra99, but I did install Blackberry Link from the internet (my original disc wouldn't work on Windows 10), and I'm afraid it didn't work!
    06-01-17 09:47 AM
    Many thanks for the suggestion, Zebra99, but I did install Blackberry Link from the internet (my original disc wouldn't work on Windows 10), and I'm afraid it didn't work!
    I download Blackberry Link from their website. My windows 10 is ver 1607. Maybe you need update your windows 10 a bit?

I even installed Blackberry Blend and working well.

However, I didn't use office 2016. - The outlook 2013 is fine.

hope can be help

Regards
    jjlothin likes this.
    06-01-17 09:52 AM
    Thanks for your reply, but I'm going to try synchronising via Google instead!
    06-02-17 03:17 AM
    If you're using a business Office365 account, you may have hosted Exchange for email as part of the package, which would solve your issue. Your IT may need to transfer the company's email over to the service, but it's fairly easy to do and Microsoft will help them to do it. At that point, all of your contacts, mail, and calendars will sync to any device.

It's also much safer than trying to sync business contacts to a free service.

Posted via CB10
    jjlothin likes this.
    06-15-17 06:22 AM
    how to change compatibility on windows 10
    See if that works

https://www.windows10forums.com/arti...bility-mode.7/

Posted via CB10
    jjlothin likes this.
    06-16-17 09:29 PM
    If you're using a business Office365 account, you may have hosted Exchange for email as part of the package, which would solve your issue. Your IT may need to transfer the company's email over to the service, but it's fairly easy to do and Microsoft will help them to do it. At that point, all of your contacts, mail, and calendars will sync to any device.

It's also much safer than trying to sync business contacts to a free service.

Posted via CB10
    Many thanks for this. Unfortunately the IT department is me ! At the moment synching via my Google calendar and contacts is sort of working, but if I ever have time to investigate further, I'll certainly take a look at this.
    06-19-17 04:29 AM