Has anyone been using BB Link to sync Classic and MS Outlook? Whether I do a one-way or two-way sync it can sometimes take up to an hour. I have 3000 contacts and 400 calendar entries. The sync didn't take this long when I had the BB Bold and BB Desktop manager. Anyone having same issue?

Any thoughts or suggestions?
    06-29-15 10:57 PM
    BBOS+BB Desktop Manager and BB10+BB Link ARE NOT the same software.

Sad as it is, that's likely to be the usual sync speed. Also, if you have fields BB10 cannot handle, it probably will slow sync down.

If I were you, I'd move to a cloud based solution.
    Last edited by diegonei; 07-01-15 at 06:34 PM.
    06-30-15 02:14 PM
    Why don't you get an Exchange Account? That works great!

Posted via CB10
    07-01-15 01:33 AM
    Why don't you get an Exchange Account? That works great!
    What if that is a business email and the option to change protocols implies change of hardware and software?
    07-01-15 06:34 PM
    As they said, sad as it is. I have the same issue with my Classic. I have 8,000 contacts and about 3,000 calendar entries. My Classic takes nearly 2 hours to sync while my Bold took 5 minutes. I called the BB help desk and the woman tech very politely told me that was the way the "new" software works...as in they have little interest in resolving it. Another feature that I discovered was that it has trouble finding contact names unless you type them in exactly the way they are listed. If you shortcut the name, say from Jennifer to Jen, it's not going to be found. I stayed with BB specifically because it handles emails and contacts very effectively but that's no longer the case with the Classic.

A solution was mentioned here about it working well with an Exchange Account. What's that and how do I set it up?

Another comment talked about a cloud-based solution. What';s that and how do I set it up?
    07-03-15 10:16 AM
    Thankfully my Q10 never takes more than 10 min to sync with my Outlook 2007 using USB cable. I only have about 400 contacts and have never set up email on my device. (I get 50+ emails a day and don't want my hub constantly telling me about it)

My problem is that recently when I sync contacts and media sync fine but critical error is that appointments don't! Data I enter in Outlook get put onto Q10 but nothing I have entered in my calendar on device makes it into Outlook. I've always used 2 way sync with notify for conflicts. I tried changing to 1 way sync, and to solve conflicts with device data but so far nothing!
    Any ideas? I have zero interest in using Outlook.com or any cloud based method. One of the big things I've always loved about BlackBerry is the security and privacy I have. The ability to use USB sync (to me) isn't a kludge or old fashioned, it's a great feature!

I have 10.3.2.440 since AT&T did the forced OTA update a few weeks ago. Didn't fix the issue.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-15 11:53 AM
    Has anyone been using BB Link to sync Classic and MS Outlook? Whether I do a one-way or two-way sync it can sometimes take up to an hour. I have 3000 contacts and 400 calendar entries. The sync didn't take this long when I had the BB Bold and BB Desktop manager. Anyone having same issue?

Any thoughts or suggestions?
    Having used a BlackBerry device for quite some time, I have found it really also depends on the processing power of your pc. It maybe coincidental as i'm not 100% sure but I do use an i7 cpu and syncing is def a lot faster!

 Passport SQW100-1 / leak 10.3.2.2204 Rogers Wireless Posted via CB
    07-05-15 01:37 PM
    As they said, sad as it is. I have the same issue with my Classic. I have 8,000 contacts and about 3,000 calendar entries. My Classic takes nearly 2 hours to sync while my Bold took 5 minutes. I called the BB help desk and the woman tech very politely told me that was the way the "new" software works...as in they have little interest in resolving it. Another feature that I discovered was that it has trouble finding contact names unless you type them in exactly the way they are listed. If you shortcut the name, say from Jennifer to Jen, it's not going to be found. I stayed with BB specifically because it handles emails and contacts very effectively but that's no longer the case with the Classic.

A solution was mentioned here about it working well with an Exchange Account. What's that and how do I set it up?

Another comment talked about a cloud-based solution. What';s that and how do I set it up?
    You behave as if the support staff and the development staff are the same person! I gotta lol.

The support staff will tell you whatever they are told to tell you.

The development crew is the one that fixes stuff and you will NEVER get to talk to one of them in such calls.

Take it to Beta Zone where this kind of stuff can be pushed to the dev teams.
    07-05-15 03:10 PM
    I'm still looking for a solution, however I can get there, whether that's via support staff or tech staff. The most promising option that I have right now is to switch back to my Bold and dump the Classic. How do I get this to Beta Zone?
    07-06-15 08:19 PM
    I'm still looking for a solution, however I can get there, whether that's via support staff or tech staff. The most promising option that I have right now is to switch back to my Bold and dump the Classic. How do I get this to Beta Zone?
    https://beta.webapps.blackberry.com/...ct=index&item=
    07-06-15 08:44 PM
    https://beta.webapps.blackberry.com/...ct=index&item=
    diegonei likes this.
    07-06-15 08:45 PM
    Thank you. I signed up today and left feedback on all of these issues with OS 10 and BB Link.
    diegonei likes this.
    07-07-15 04:43 PM
    Bagel O27,

did you get any response to your feedback to Beta Zone?

tvas
    09-25-15 02:30 AM