T mobile makes my skin crawl...
    12-03-15 05:47 AM
    I live in nyc. T mobile is excellent here and worked very well except in my condo. If i went down 1 flight of stairs it was great again. So i switched to at&t which works average in my home and kinda average in many parts of the city. Seems to me no one is best everywhere.

Anyways. I am in the opposite position. I have an unlocked z30 which i bought in dubai. I am thinking i want to replace it with a classic (i have a samsung) so the smaller screen would not be an issue.

My z30 has seen minimal use over the last year and is in like new condition. If anyone wants to buy it or trade for a classic send me a message,

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    ronmrn likes this.
    12-03-15 09:42 AM
    Hello everyone,

I will be switching carriers soon (Verizon to T-Mobile). I might just have to switch to the classic. My Z30 will no longer be compatible with T-Mobile, I assume.

I have a few questions about the classic:

1. How "slow" really is the classic when running Android apps such as banking apps or the Audible app?

2. For those who have had the chance to own the Z30 as well, do you miss the virtual keyboard? How long did it take for you to fully adapt with the PKB?

3. With mixed usage, what is the average battery life?

4. How good is the Classic when pulling data from the SD card? Is there lag or little "pauses" or "hiccups" when playing music or podcast from microSD?

Your input will help me weigh my options. Thanks guys for your time and input!

Posted via CB10
    I do had the classic and bought the Z30 to try it out. I do also have a iPhone and tryed it, because all I wanted was to get away from the "slowness" of the classic. I really tried it to get away!
    But you know what? I'm typing this on my classic! I just can't get away from it! It pulled me back all the time.

1. Comparing to the Z30 the classic is a little slower in all situations, that is true and it's not a wonder. Just check the internals. But I have some android apps and it's pretty ok for me. I takes u just 5 seconds longer to open it.

2. I did it vice versa. And I have to say that the pkb is so much more powerful than the vkb. Imo. It fits my handy better than the Z30 and I can also type one handed. Not that fast as with the BlackBerry Thumbs but ok. That will not work on the Z30.

3. Battery life is as someone posted already. Very ok and I think a little better than on the Z30 withe the same usage.

4. I noticed no lag at all.

I think one main difference, except the knowen, is for me the screen. Not the size but the difference on the amoled of the Z30 and the LCD? screen of the classic. I do more like the Z30 screen, it has better colors and black is black not dark grey.

OK I hope u already made the right choise for you.

My 2 cent

Posted via CB10
    ronmrn likes this.
    12-03-15 12:39 PM
    I went from a Z30 to a Classic and here is my 2 cents.
    On the Z30 I liked the screen real estate but found that one handed use was hard and it didn't fit in the pocket as nicely as the Classic. Also, for some reason I cannot type on a vkb to save my life. Thankfully the autocorrect worked well but I still found it frustrating. The sound out of the Z30 was fantastic. I find the battery life on the Classic to be better overall to be honest. I also find that I get LTE coverage on it more often due to where I live (Bell in northern ontario).

Overall I like both phones but I feel the Classic is better suited to my needs.

I forgot to add that on the Z30 I also had the phone answer lag that drove me crazy in addition to choppy video and sound whenever I pressed the volume rockers. A reboot of the phone seemed to fix it for a few days but it always came back. I've never had these issues on the Classic.

Cheers

Posted via CB10
    12-03-15 05:40 PM
    Also, don't listen to that Gees fella.
    The autocorrect features function perfectly fine.

He has a whole thread about it, and if he's tried any of our suggestions, he'd realize that it works fine.
    Even word prediction/suggestion is an option. (I don't use it though, as I feel it is a bit distracting)

Posted via CB10
    Auto correct doesn't work compared to Z30. On z30 space bar fixes any typos and assumes what you're gonna type. The classic sits there and allows whatever you type to be left on the screen. Imm gooing too purposly misspel everyy words heree to provee that it doessnt workk.
    The Z30 wouldn't allow that contraption. Not even close. So you can defend the classic saying it works but it truly doesn't.
    Sorry for late reply but I don't care for crackberry and totally forgot the app was installed on phone...I'm just here for the ride. The ride will be over soon. Hopefully

"Once you go Black you'll never go back"
    12-04-15 01:38 AM
    Auto correct doesn't work compared to Z30. On z30 space bar fixes any typos and assumes what you're gonna type. The classic sits there and allows whatever you type to be left on the screen. Imm gooing too purposly misspel everyy words heree to provee that it doessnt workk.
    The Z30 wouldn't allow that contraption. Not even close. So you can defend the classic saying it works but it truly doesn't.
    Sorry for late reply but I don't care for crackberry and totally forgot the app was installed on phone...I'm just here for the ride. The ride will be over soon. Hopefully

"Once you go Black you'll never go back"
    To each their own. In my opinion, the Classic autocorrect works exactly as it should. And I am typing this response out on my Z30 so you know there is not any bias. Both are suited to different needs. (I definitely agree with someone who said it's a shame that they haven't released a BB10 Slider!)

The thing about the Classic is that it is so precise once you get used to it that you won't want autocorrect messing with what you type. If you misspell a word, you should be able to feel it. I think that some people forget that sometimes the worst spelling errors are actually not because autocorrect didn't catch something but because it instead changed it to something that they didn't intend to write.

The Classic is for people that want full control of their device. Every key is hit with purpose and feeling. You aren't relying on software to fix your mistakes, you are relying on hardware to ensure that you don't make any to begin with.

Both are great devices, the physical keyboard wins in the end though. If you are going to use your phone to type content, it's the right tool for the job. If you are going to use it more to consume content, the Z30 might better suit you.
    Xenolock likes this.
    12-04-15 02:19 AM
    Thanks guys for taking the time to answer my questions! Awesome responses!

Posted via CB10
    12-08-15 03:16 AM
32 12