Hello everyone,

I will be switching carriers soon (Verizon to T-Mobile). I might just have to switch to the classic. My Z30 will no longer be compatible with T-Mobile, I assume.

I have a few questions about the classic:

1. How "slow" really is the classic when running Android apps such as banking apps or the Audible app?

2. For those who have had the chance to own the Z30 as well, do you miss the virtual keyboard? How long did it take for you to fully adapt with the PKB?

3. With mixed usage, what is the average battery life?

4. How good is the Classic when pulling data from the SD card? Is there lag or little "pauses" or "hiccups" when playing music or podcast from microSD?

Your input will help me weigh my options. Thanks guys for your time and input!

Posted via CB10
    11-23-15 05:32 AM
    Get the passport instead the Classic, better experience there
    11-23-15 07:44 AM
    I would say that I have had an opposite experience with the Classic than Passport. I have sold the Passport as couldn't fit in my pocket and hand. It's like carrying a tablet instead of a phone.

Posted via Classic
    tl000 likes this.
    11-23-15 10:24 AM
    I went from the Z30, to the Classic.

Now I'm back to the Z30.

Classic is a great phone, but I can't get used to the smaller screen.

Posted via CB10
    11-23-15 10:29 AM
    You could buy an unlocked Z30 on Amazon or Ebay. You won't get LTE though (I don't think).

Posted via CB10
    11-23-15 05:45 PM
    You could buy an unlocked Z30 on Amazon or Ebay. You won't get LTE though (I don't think).

Posted via CB10
    On T-Mobile you will get LTE on the sta 100-5

Posted via CB10
    11-23-15 08:54 PM
    Thanks, guys! I might just go that route: get the Z30 STA 100-5, unlocked. Although, something about the BlackBerry Classic that appeals to me. Maybe it's the nostalgia or the no-nonsense vibe to it. If I get a Classic, I might just miss a few great features that Z30 offers.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-15 05:34 AM
    Thanks, guys! I might just go that route: get the Z30 STA 100-5, unlocked. Although, something about the BlackBerry Classic that appeals to me. Maybe it's the nostalgia or the no-nonsense vibe to it. If I get a Classic, I might just miss a few great features that Z30 offers.

Posted via CB10
    Then again.. Z30 is boring without pkb lol
    ronmrn likes this.
    11-24-15 09:11 AM
    I don't know what features you'd lose by going with the Classic. But the Z30 should have a bit better performance, right? My Classic is chuggin', but I need the pkb (that's where all the cool features lie).

Posted via CB10
    ronmrn likes this.
    11-24-15 11:08 AM
    My personal phone is a Z30 and Classic supplied for work.

The Classic is slower, but nothing really to notice for normal stuff. Contacts open and search a tad faster on the Z30.

I never really notice a lag that impedes work, but you will notice it.

The physical keyboard is the deal maker for the classic though.

If I go to another physical keyboard
    ... it will be a Passport as the extra screen space is needed. I'm just not accurate enough on the touch screen keyboard.

Posted from my Z30 on CB10
    11-24-15 12:06 PM

Posted via CB10
    From someone that had both, they both are great devices & both have their pros & cons. When I had both I switched every month because I couldn't settle for just one. The Z30 even at 2 years old, pound for pound is one of the best touch screen phones out there (in my opinion of course) and the Classic has arguably the best physical keyboard on a phone plus the tool belt is super useful. So it's a hard decision to make if you have to choose just one.

Posted via CB10
    ronmrn likes this.
    11-24-15 12:20 PM
    Sorry but going from verizon to T mobile has got to be the dumbest thing you could ever do and the dumbest thing I've ever read on crackberry. Going from the best carrier to the worse? And going from Z30 to classic? Lol wow. I own both and the classic is garbage compared to the Z30. I'm going back to my Z30 once I have enough time to call verizon to switch device back onto my account. The only plus factor in the classic is keyboard. I hate touchscreen but using the classic made me appreciate the Z30 keyboard. The auto text doesn't work on the classic as well. I can type a sentence full of typos and the classic will just put red lines under all the misspelled word while the Z30 will correct everything while typing by simply hitting the space bar.

"Once you go Black you'll never go back"
    BlackGuy likes this.
    11-29-15 08:25 AM
    And by the way Verizon Blackberries come unlocked by defaault. Notice how the word default wasn't corrected. This phone sucks

11-29-15 08:27 AM
    I've also had the Classic and the Z30. Gotta say that I much prefer the Z30. Classic is a cool looking phone but it just didn't compare to the quickness and function of the Z30. I had the Classic for a couple weeks and just couldn't make the switch from a vkb to a pkb. Also, as mentioned above, the auto correct on the Classic doesn't work near as well as on the Z30. Well, that's my two cents worth. You gotta do what works for you though. Good luck in your choice. Either way you go, it's a Blackberry. That's a plus.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    bigjman likes this.
    11-29-15 11:06 AM
    Sorry but going from verizon to T mobile has got to be the dumbest thing you could ever do and the dumbest thing I've ever read on crackberry. Going from the best carrier to the worse? And going from Z30 to classic? Lol wow. I own both and the classic is garbage compared to the Z30. I'm going back to my Z30 once I have enough time to call verizon to switch device back onto my account. The only plus factor in the classic is keyboard. I hate touchscreen but using the classic made me appreciate the Z30 keyboard. The auto text doesn't work on the classic as well. I can type a sentence full of typos and the classic will just put red lines under all the misspelled word while the Z30 will correct everything while typing by simply hitting the space bar.

Thank you for that. I am switching due to cost but I might not go to T-Mobile anymore after a surveying friends and family. I get a few dropped calls a day from Verizon in my area so I'm thinking AT&T. Verizon is the best as many people say, but not the best for my situation.

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-15 05:23 AM
    Thank you for that. I am switching due to cost but I might not go to T-Mobile anymore after a surveying friends and family. I get a few dropped calls a day from Verizon in my area so I'm thinking AT&T. Verizon is the best as many people say, but not the best for my situation.

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    Have a talk with a VZ rep. I scored an awesome deal 2 days ago and dropped my bill by $25. I went from 4 gigs a month to 7 gigs while saving 25. Been a customer since 2002 so I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it.

12-01-15 08:20 AM
    The classic is all about the keyboard.

Hardware is the same as the q10, meaning it's slower than the z30.

Take the passport if you'll stick to android apps.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-15 03:07 AM
    You specifically asked about battery life on the Classic.

I just checked my device monitor, and i'm averaging 22 hours between charges.
    That's with fairly heavy use. I'm always using bluetooth, checking emails, having adobe reader open to look at plans, using the browser, and using several android applications open at various times(including cobalts google play store and supporting applications).

Posted via CB10
    12-02-15 07:56 AM
    Also, don't listen to that Gees fella.
    The autocorrect features function perfectly fine.

He has a whole thread about it, and if he's tried any of our suggestions, he'd realize that it works fine.
    Even word prediction/suggestion is an option. (I don't use it though, as I feel it is a bit distracting)

Posted via CB10
    12-02-15 08:08 AM
    You specifically asked about battery life on the Classic.

I just checked my device monitor, and i'm averaging 22 hours between charges.
    That's with fairly heavy use. I'm always using bluetooth, checking emails, having adobe reader open to look at plans, using the browser, and using several android applications open at various times(including cobalts google play store and supporting applications).

Posted via CB10
    Wow, that is great in terms of battery life! Good to know. Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    12-02-15 12:07 PM
    I switched from a Z30 to a Classic, and wrote a loooong post some months back comparing the two. I prefer the Classic myself, although my uses are pretty basic and my preferences are quite particular. But comparing the two is almost apples and oranges, really.

Yes, the Z30 is faster from the processing perspective, but not by a lot in navigating and using BB10 stuff. It does load Android apps a good 2-3 seconds (maybe more for more intensive apps) faster than the Classic. It also has better battery life (at least in most situations), although the Classic has no problems getting through a day (or more). The reception is identical.

However, the Classic is faster from the user input perspective. The ability to key-bind actions and app shortcuts is one of my favorite aspects. There's a lot less swiping-around happening on the Classic. The physical keyboard is lovely--to the point where I don't even need or want autocorrect. It's also much easier to use one-handed, since all navigation and keybinds can be done in a few little square inches without shifting your grip, and with 100% accuracy. Each input comes with the click of a mechanical switch, letting you know you have positively issued a command. If you have a typo, chances are that you actually FELT hitting the wrong key. A lot of functions can be done faster on the Classic simply because your thumb needs to move less. The Classic is just fundamentally a different experience than an all-touch phone.

If you prefer one-handed use, precision, and using physical buttons, the trackpad, and keybinds to do things, then you'll probably like the Classic. That especially goes if you prefer pkb to vkb. However, watching videos sucks on Classic. It depends on your preferences and usage, really.

The quick advice I would give is this--if you have a particular love of pkb and the Classic form factor, and it really calls to you, then go for it. But if it's just a curiosity and you have no gripes with the Z30, stick with that Z30.

From a Classic
    12-02-15 03:59 PM

Posted via CB10
    I have both the 30 and just got the Classic. So far I enjoy typing on the Classic better than the 30, but like the screen real estate better on the 30 for several of my apps
    12-02-15 08:38 PM
    I have both the 30 and just got the Classic. So far I enjoy typing on the Classic better than the 30, but like the screen real estate better on the 30 for several of my apps
    If only BlackBerry made a bb10 version of the slider....
    (and kept the toolbelt)
    Posted via CB10
    12-02-15 08:44 PM
    Hello everyone,

I will be switching carriers soon (Verizon to T-Mobile). I might just have to switch to the classic. My Z30 will no longer be compatible with T-Mobile, I assume.

I have a few questions about the classic:

1. How "slow" really is the classic when running Android apps such as banking apps or the Audible app?

2. For those who have had the chance to own the Z30 as well, do you miss the virtual keyboard? How long did it take for you to fully adapt with the PKB?

3. With mixed usage, what is the average battery life?

4. How good is the Classic when pulling data from the SD card? Is there lag or little "pauses" or "hiccups" when playing music or podcast from microSD?

Your input will help me weigh my options. Thanks guys for your time and input!

Posted via CB10
    Are you going to sell you Z30? Currently looking for one for a friend.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-02-15 09:23 PM

You sure do speak in generalizations and absolutes. T-Mobile is not the "worst" nor is VerHizon the "best", it's all relative. You sound as dumb deaf as iFone followers, perhaps you should be in the illogical iFone forums with that nonsense.....

Stop comparing all touchscreen to pkb that's asinine both devices have two different appeals.....where are all the intelligent people at......some of these comments are so less than smart i'm ashamed to say I'm a member. I'd hate to work with some of you, live next to some of you, shop with some of you, etc....

J� Be....Here But Gone...
    12-02-15 11:26 PM
32 12