02-15-16 10:26 PM
172 ... 567
tools
    BBM already has the potential to be the number one messaging app as is. Just needs more push and advertising which is expensive and they might not have the money for it as is. The word of mouth that us crackberry guys and gals are doing for it right now might be making the most grass roots impact, if you will. But I say BBM already is best ppl just need to jump on board. Again.
    I agree. BlackBerry will keep making very good improvements. But the customer service that they farm out is absolutely terrible.

2BDB5FDF...Playbook 50304327 BBM CHANNEL "POWER OF CHOICE" C00285CE7 Passport Classic Note 4
    02-01-15 12:40 AM
    I haven't really looked at things like BBM Money and things like that. I also think BB is making a push to getting BBM to be the #1 messaging app, but they are doing just enough and not going full out with it. I would be hammering my development team if I was Chen to make it better and better. BBM is the only thing visible on any other OS's and it needs to be better then everything else and just another app clogging up space.

I just looked up BBM Money and all i could find was stuff from Indonesia. Is that the testing ground for it? Quickly scanning pages and all I could find was sending airtime and money.
    BBM credit was what I was talking about. Yes. Its not big here in the US, but it's a big deal in other countries.

2BDB5FDF...Playbook 50304327 BBM CHANNEL "POWER OF CHOICE" C00285CE7 Passport Classic Note 4
    02-01-15 12:41 AM
    One had T-Mobile, One had AT&T, and the last had either Verizon or Sprint. They can't all be network issues can they?
    Just a thought but I know with some other devices, such as iPhone's for example, the app has to be left open for them to receive the message. If the app isn't open then they only get the message when they open the app again.
    So maybe it's the same kind of thing on these, the app needs to be open or left running in the background.

Also btw Glympse in BBM is great. We used it a lot on holiday when we were travelling to different places and didn't have signal all the time.

Time messages are also really cool. Kinda like snapchat apparently

Posted via CB10 from my Z30
    03-23-15 02:42 PM
    My BBM rings everytime I get msg from person with whom I am chatting.. its getting annoyed and forced me to switch to vibrate only.. how to disable it??
    PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418

Posted via my awesome BBPassport
    Go into Settings -> Notifications -> Normal Profile (or whichever profile you want to change) -> Customize App settings

From a Classic
    03-23-15 03:47 PM
    I tried to use bbm when it launched on android to talk to my gf who had a 9900 and I also tried to get some friends on it. The service was very unreliable in delivering messages and push notification. So I moved on to telegram messenger and it worked flawlessly across platforms. I managed to get all my friends on it and we never had 1 problem with it. I have 3 active groups on telegram and it's awesome how you can also write from pc, mac, browser.

When I switched to BlackBerry I tried once more to use bbm with gf and family, but it was still unreliable especially on iphones so I just dropped it. I use telegram for android and it's way more reliable than bbm. Cross-all-platforms, has stickers, doesn't have video calls but I don't really care about that.

They kicked the bucket with bbm. Waited too long to launch, lost their users to competing services and on top of that, the experience was crap. The pin thing is good, but I found the process confusing at first. I still believe I managed to add my first contacts on bbm with voodoo.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-15 06:06 PM
    Agreed. NONE. Whatsapp does everything already. Wish I could remove BBM from my Q10.
    Whatsapp, I don't get how everyone is satisfied with having an app automatically pull all of your contacts without giving you any say into who you actually want to add or not... I'd rather use nothing at all than whatsapp, will never install that on my phone.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    phuoc likes this.
    03-23-15 06:28 PM
    If you want a great instant messaging client, yeah, use BBM. Why not?

Posted via CB10
    03-23-15 07:00 PM
    BBM is the best messaging app I've ever used. Sure - iMessage integrates best with my iPhone, but BBM has always had the cleanest interface and is fast. The only downside to BBM is that there is no way to turn off the stickers in the marketplace. I'd subscribe to anything that would turn those damn things off!! I don't mind somebody sending me stickers. What I cannot stand is the constant offers about a new sticker set. Makes. Me. Nuts.
    03-23-15 09:12 PM
    BBM is still a good messaging app compared to whatsapp but I found out this weekend that BBM voice calls have incredible call quality, in fact we both said it was if you were talking to the person as if they were right there beside you.

Posted from my BB10 passport
    03-23-15 09:18 PM
    BBM is still a good messaging app compared to whatsapp but I found out this weekend that BBM voice calls have incredible call quality, in fact we both said it was if you were talking to the person as if they were right there beside you.

Posted from my BB10 passport
    I use bbm to make calls to my overseas gf. We had been using kakaotalk but for some reason bbm works with wifi and on her cell network whereas kakaotalk only works via wifi for her. I can go either way here on tmobile with my q10.

Call quality on both bbm and kakao or anything Voip is good quality so nothing unique there.

I convinced a couple of my windows mobile friends to use bbm instead of text. They're semi onboard. Bbm is more reliable than texts and I like the interface better than text.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-15 10:17 PM
    Using BBM10 is a waste of time and energy. Why would someone upload an app that they would only use with you?

If RIM/ML would have built BBM10 with the same features as BBOS7 BBM would be top dog.

BBM10 has is now just a BlackBerry chat app.

What's the point of using it to send text messages and not being able to multiple share? The majority of BBM channels are dead because it is "almost" impossible to maintain.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Mr4aces; 03-24-15 at 10:45 AM.
    03-24-15 12:03 AM
    I came here to say the simple answer is yes. After trying several messaging apps, we've always worked our way back to bbm. We have a group of us. Each one of us use a different device. Android iPhone and Blackberry devices are all in the mix and we seem to always end up back on Blackberry Messenger.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-15 05:30 AM
    No, unless you have many friends using BBM
    None of my friends/colleague using it.... All my colleagues have jump from BB to iPhone as well. And actually none of my friend using a BB

Posted via CB10 from BB Passport
    Mr4aces likes this.
    03-24-15 11:02 AM
    I use bbm to make calls to my overseas gf. We had been using kakaotalk but for some reason bbm works with wifi and on her cell network whereas kakaotalk only works via wifi for her. I can go either way here on tmobile with my q10.

Call quality on both bbm and kakao or anything Voip is good quality so nothing unique there.

I convinced a couple of my windows mobile friends to use bbm instead of text. They're semi onboard. Bbm is more reliable than texts and I like the interface better than text.

Posted via CB10
    I've never tried kakaotalk but I'll disagree with you and say that not all voip is the same. I've tried several different voip providers and and none is as good as BBM voice. Just my experience.
    03-25-15 12:52 PM
    Yeah. I miss that. Whatsapp dont allow that anymore.
    12-30-15 12:02 PM
    Probably no reason to use BBM as nearly nobody uses it.
    I love BlackBerry and BBM, but being realistic, I don't think you'll find anyone on there. I also cannot understand how people brag about having hundreds of contacts on BBM. I also did 5 years ago, but not anymore.

I've tried hard to persuade friends to switch over, but Whatsapp/Viber have taken over (most of my contacts use these two).

If only things were different.
    My whole family is using BBM and some good friends. Otherwise they can send me a sms or email for a night out or a great eve of Risk.

I also don't have facebook because I don't care if someone has a bad hair day or drinking there soup out of a bowl or seeing there sellfies to show how great there life is in a fake position or to read the sorrows, pain or there desert. I rather call someone or going out to a pub and talk.

I also don't like the what ever you send throw my server is for me to watch and copyright it straight away business off facebook and whatsapp and if that is not worse enough they making profiles to show you live for sale to thirth parties.

Maybe people like to share everything and maybe I can come by some time to check all your stuff and write down everything you have , check all your information on your computer and get yo your photo's and you sign off that I can copy your photo and info to sell to thirth parties, because you said you don't care about Privacy .
    Last edited by whatsever; 02-04-16 at 01:56 PM.
    firefighterdrew likes this.
    02-04-16 01:45 PM
    Can any messaging app, exchange mp3's?

The question should be, "Why NOT BBM?" haha.
    Attachment 328613

BlackBerry is the Extension of my Hand
    BBM and BlackBerry does it all!!!

Classic 2BF2EA40 ...Playbook 50304327 BBM CHANNEL "POWER OF CHOICE" C00285CE7 Passport Classic Note 4
    02-15-16 09:14 AM
    I think BBM is superior to text messaging in every way. Also private chat is pretty damn awesome. The only problem is see is getting others to use it.

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Classic
    02-15-16 09:21 AM
    I love bbm because I use it to text my friends who have an ipod and no phone plan. It's also great and the fastest thing ever for sending pictures or mp3's and the face call is pretty great

Pearl-Curve-Q10-
    02-15-16 02:21 PM
    BBM is the superior way to communicate. The call quality of BBM to BBM is sometimes better than a land line. My only challenge is that my brother is the only person I know that uses it and he thinks I'm an *****.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-16 03:00 PM
    Best features in my opinion 1. It uses a pin and not a phone number. This is great for communicating with my employees. They don't get my cell phone but I can still communicate with them after hours and weekends. 2. Private messaging ie timed messages and retracting messages. 3. Phone calls via Bbm and if it's a BlackBerry to BlackBerry phone you can video conference

Posted via CB10
    02-15-16 08:43 PM
    My whole family is using BBM and some good friends. Otherwise they can send me a sms or email for a night out or a great eve of Risk.

I also don't have facebook because I don't care if someone has a bad hair day or drinking there soup out of a bowl or seeing there sellfies to show how great there life is in a fake position or to read the sorrows, pain or there desert. I rather call someone or going out to a pub and talk.

I also don't like the what ever you send throw my server is for me to watch and copyright it straight away business off facebook and whatsapp and if that is not worse enough they making profiles to show you live for sale to thirth parties.

Maybe people like to share everything and maybe I can come by some time to check all your stuff and write down everything you have , check all your information on your computer and get yo your photo's and you sign off that I can copy your photo and info to sell to thirth parties, because you said you don't care about Privacy .
    THEIR
    02-15-16 10:26 PM
172 ... 567