Hell I think you should just got back to your Iphone since you see no value in the Blackberry experience.

text messaging is always did they get it did they read it? How backwards is that when sending a BBM you know when its delivered and when read and when someone is writing back to you and when a picture is delivered and read. Can the stupid IPHONE do that??? NOOO
    Wrong. iMessage shows delivered and read.

Posted via CB10
    01-24-15 07:39 PM
    Wow..that sounds like a network provider problem, not a software or hardware problem. Have you checked your network coverage ?

2BF2EA40 ... BBM CHANNEL "POWER OF CHOICE" C00285CE7 Passport Classic Note 4
    One had T-Mobile, One had AT&T, and the last had either Verizon or Sprint. They can't all be network issues can they?
    01-24-15 09:33 PM
    One had T-Mobile, One had AT&T, and the last had either Verizon or Sprint. They can't all be network issues can they?
    Eh...im not sure. We can only go by our own experiences. I've had nothing but great experiences with cross platform use of BBM. I speak with people all over the world. Africa, middle east, central and south america...ive had no perceived issues. Always quick and snappy responses with file transfers, voice notes, and D&R receipts for delivery and read messages. I'm not sure why you're having difficulties.

2BF2EA40 ... BBM CHANNEL "POWER OF CHOICE" C00285CE7 Passport Classic Note 4
    01-24-15 10:42 PM
    I want the status as someone who is educated and cares about gettin it done. That's why I'm blackberry.
    firefighterdrew likes this.
    01-25-15 01:08 AM
    I want the status as someone who is educated and cares about gettin it done. That's why I'm blackberry.
    So if you use anything other then BB your not educated/smart?
    01-26-15 08:17 AM
    Wrong. iMessage shows delivered and read.

Posted via CB10
    With other iPhones

Posted via CB10
    01-26-15 09:00 AM
    Probably no reason to use BBM as nearly nobody uses it.
    I love BlackBerry and BBM, but being realistic, I don't think you'll find anyone on there. I also cannot understand how people brag about having hundreds of contacts on BBM. I also did 5 years ago, but not anymore.

I've tried hard to persuade friends to switch over, but Whatsapp/Viber have taken over (most of my contacts use these two).

If only things were different.
    BBM has tens of millions of active users, so your assertion that "nobody" uses it is simply wrong. BBM is my primary communications tool, aside from email. I send and receive more BBMs than texts.
    01-26-15 01:21 PM
    BBM has tens of millions of active users, so your assertion that "nobody" uses it is simply wrong. BBM is my primary communications tool, aside from email. I send and receive more BBMs than texts.
    I think they are talking general population. In his defense, I know plenty of people that have downloaded the app, used it for a while and then deleted it in favor of viber, whatsapp, or just straight emails and texts. I know about the active user count, but i think people would have to cast a wide net to find someone who uses BBM the way it was meant to be used.
    01-27-15 08:18 AM
    The latest version of BBM for iOS annoyed me so much I deleted it from my iPhone 6. I was 10+ years with BlackBerry but had to move on when I needed access to email sub-folders on BIS. Life got more complicated and keeping all emails in my inbox was NOT the way to work. Without this issue I never would have tried other platforms, but here I am years later using a friggin' iPhone.

When I close BBM on my iPhone a notification pops up that I've closed it. Duh!! I know I closed it and it's because I CHOSE to close it. "Tap here to re-open." If I don't want it open and idling in the background then stop bugging me to re-open it!! There is no way to turn off this stupid notification either. If I could turn off the nag I'd be happy. But not on this version. Maybe on a future version?

my other gripe is BBM Stickers. Not the stickers themselves because I can just ignore them. But the constant asterisks in the app telling me I have a new notification of some kind, and it turns out to be BlackBerry's announcement that a new sticker pack is available. For a professional grade communications device, made by a company refocusing on enterprise and corporate, these stickers are out of place. They look juvenile, designed for 12-year olds.

Id surly put up with these nitpicks if I had a lot of BBM contacts. But unfortunately I'm down to just two - and one of those two is also using it on an iPhone (a recent BlackBerry > iPhone convert). Like me, the kids having iPhones makes using one simpler and unifies the family platform. So one of my BBM contacts will be an iMessage contact instead, and the last remaining BBM guy will have to text or email me. Or - heaven forbid! - actually call me.
    01-27-15 11:07 AM
    When my Daughter asks me to come and pick her up and I say "where are you?" and she says "I dunno" I just say "send me a Glympse". Job done.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418 O2 UK
    01-27-15 11:36 AM
    When my Daughter asks me to come and pick her up and I say "where are you?" and she says "I dunno" I just say "send me a Glympse". Job done.

She can also just share her location with google maps... I'm a big fan of glimpse tho.

Classic 2BF2EA40 ...Playbook 50304327 BBM CHANNEL "POWER OF CHOICE" C00285CE7 Passport Classic Note 4
    01-27-15 10:30 PM
    She can also just share her location with google maps... I'm a big fan of glimpse tho.

Classic 2BF2EA40 ...Playbook 50304327 BBM CHANNEL "POWER OF CHOICE" C00285CE7 Passport Classic Note 4
    havent tried glympse.. i have the app on my 6Plus...definitely going to try it on my vacation this summer...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    01-28-15 11:32 AM
    This thread has somehow developed into the usual BlackBerry vs the rest of the world discussion, originally the OP was asking for reasons to use BBM though, and he has probably quite a few ideas now.

I actually think at the end of the day it all comes down to personal preferences again. All the messenger products have their own advantages but the core functionality stays the same. There is no ultimate argument to use BBM and I think contacts are what matters the most for the vast majority of users.

I like the look and feel of BBM, as well as some of their approaches to messaging, things like BBM Channels, Glympse, but also the iconic D/R indicators. And besides that, BBM is just a BlackBerry thing and I try to use it. It even became my main messaging app over the last years.

Posted via CB10
    01-28-15 01:00 PM
    I like the fact that my messages are secure and are routed through BlackBerry, a company I trust. Recently had the occasion to use the message retraction feature. Accidentally sent my credit card info to the wrong person on BBM. Retracted the message before it was read. All is well.

Posted via CB10
    01-28-15 01:33 PM

If my daughter always has the need for me to pick her up but can't figure out where the hell she is, I wouldn't let her out so freely anymore lol
    01-28-15 02:17 PM
    If my daughter always has the need for me to pick her up but can't figure out where the hell she is, I wouldn't let her out so freely anymore lol
    I was going to say something like this but I didn't know how to word it that I didn't sound like a jerk!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    01-28-15 03:21 PM
    I like the fact that my messages are secure and are routed through BlackBerry, a company I trust. Recently had the occasion to use the message retraction feature. Accidentally sent my credit card info to the wrong person on BBM. Retracted the message before it was read. All is well.

Posted via CB10
    Nice move!

01-28-15 07:29 PM
    Hmmm so your idea for improving her local knowledge is to keep her indoors? ::facepalm:: gotta love forums.

01-29-15 12:12 AM
    My BBM rings everytime I get msg from person with whom I am chatting.. its getting annoyed and forced me to switch to vibrate only.. how to disable it??
    PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418

Posted via my awesome BBPassport
    01-29-15 04:39 AM
    BBM is awesome if any of your contacts use it. BlackBerry completely dropped the ball on making it cross platform years ago. Imagine where the company would be if they had treated it as open source! So the OP question is good, if only academic. Because iphone and android users don't utilize BBM it is essentially useless as a messaging platform.

Posted via CB10
    emanuel0ss0 likes this.
    01-29-15 06:37 AM
    BBM is about community and/or business contacts so I would say as it stands now even in its thinnest outlook it is far from useless.
    01-31-15 05:48 AM
    I would have built BBM different for different platforms to give them greater visibility. For Android i would have built it as a total SMS replacement tool. That way, at least on Android, it wouldn't just be "another messaging app" and a useful tool with BBM's and texts in one place. A disclaimer should be in place that says "SMS aren't protected and encrypted like BBM messages."

iOS is a closed source program so I don't know what i would do to attract users to not make it "just another messaging app".

I also would have done this a couple of years ago instead of when the company was in pretty much last place.
    Last edited by emanuel0ss0; 01-31-15 at 08:43 AM. Reason: to add more
    01-31-15 08:42 AM
    I would have built BBM different for different platforms to give them greater visibility. For Android i would have built it as a total SMS replacement tool. That way, at least on Android, it wouldn't just be "another messaging app" and a useful tool with BBM's and texts in one place. A disclaimer should be in place that says "SMS aren't protected and encrypted like BBM messages."

iOS is a closed source program so I don't know what i would do to attract users to not make it "just another messaging app".

I also would have done this a couple of years ago instead of when the company was in pretty much last place.
    All very good points... BlackBerry is really making a push here though. I can see in the near future BBM taking a turn to incorporate many financial tools as well. BlackBerry is doing a lot of great things! Most of the "experimental" tools of BBM are in effect in other parts of the world. Here in the western northern hemisphere we are not seeing all these really cool things going on with BBM.

Does anyone know about BBM money? Or credit? Do some research. You'll be nicely surprised.

2BDB5FDF...Playbook 50304327 BBM CHANNEL "POWER OF CHOICE" C00285CE7 Passport Classic Note 4
    01-31-15 10:04 AM
    All very good points... BlackBerry is really making a push here though. I can see in the near future BBM taking a turn to incorporate many financial tools as well. BlackBerry is doing a lot of great things! Most of the "experimental" tools of BBM are in effect in other parts of the world. Here in the western northern hemisphere we are not seeing all these really cool things going on with BBM.

Does anyone know about BBM money? Or credit? Do some research. You'll be nicely surprised.

2BDB5FDF...Playbook 50304327 BBM CHANNEL "POWER OF CHOICE" C00285CE7 Passport Classic Note 4
    I haven't really looked at things like BBM Money and things like that. I also think BB is making a push to getting BBM to be the #1 messaging app, but they are doing just enough and not going full out with it. I would be hammering my development team if I was Chen to make it better and better. BBM is the only thing visible on any other OS's and it needs to be better then everything else and just another app clogging up space.

I just looked up BBM Money and all i could find was stuff from Indonesia. Is that the testing ground for it? Quickly scanning pages and all I could find was sending airtime and money.
    01-31-15 10:17 AM
    BBM already has the potential to be the number one messaging app as is. Just needs more push and advertising which is expensive and they might not have the money for it as is. The word of mouth that us crackberry guys and gals are doing for it right now might be making the most grass roots impact, if you will. But I say BBM already is best ppl just need to jump on board. Again.
    01-31-15 07:52 PM
172 ... 4567