Going way off topic : I don't get this trend, putting your newborn's pic on FB. Heck, TV stations are forced to blur the image of under aged for protection (at least in my country). Yet, some are willingly putting their babies' pictures online. I won't be happy thinking that some sick f**k is "loving" those pics.

Posted via CB10 from my exquisite Z10 on TMO Romania
    01-20-15 11:34 AM
    Going way off topic : I don't get this trend, putting your newborn's pic on FB. Heck, TV stations are forced to blur the image of under aged for protection (at least in my country). Yet, some are willingly putting their babies' pictures online. I won't be happy thinking that some sick f**k is "loving" those pics.

Posted via CB10 from my exquisite Z10 on TMO Romania
    I agree. People are way too involved with FB. It's a sickness.

2BF2EA40 ... BBM CHANNEL "POWER OF CHOICE" C00285CE7 Passport Classic Note 4
    Ursus Rufus likes this.
    01-20-15 03:07 PM
    Can any messaging app, exchange mp3's?

The question should be, "Why NOT BBM?" haha.
    Switched from iPhone to BlackBerry. Any reason to use BBM?-img_20150121_084517.png

BlackBerry is the Extension of my Hand
    Ursus Rufus likes this.
    01-20-15 06:51 PM
    As stated above it's very useful for;

Quick messaging

D and R confirmation

BBM voice call your friends in different countries, perhaps long distance cities (wifi is only preferable if you want to avoid roaming charges)

BBM video if your friends are smart enough to buy a BlackBerry 10 phone!

Location sharing, timed messages, message retraction.

I really don't understand what's so great about whatsapp. Especially now that facebook bought it for 4 billion dollars. Don't most people find insane ?!

Posted via CB10
    Ursus Rufus likes this.
    01-20-15 08:25 PM
    Glimpse is amazing. Sometimes it would have been a life saver if only the other person had BBM just for Glimpse.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-15 09:41 PM
    Hell I think you should just got back to your Iphone since you see no value in the Blackberry experience.

text messaging is always did they get it did they read it? How backwards is that when sending a BBM you know when its delivered and when read and when someone is writing back to you and when a picture is delivered and read. Can the stupid IPHONE do that??? NOOO
    01-20-15 09:50 PM
    Hell I think you should just got back to your Iphone since you see no value in the Blackberry experience.

text messaging is always did they get it did they read it? How backwards is that when sending a BBM you know when its delivered and when read and when someone is writing back to you and when a picture is delivered and read. Can the stupid IPHONE do that??? NOOO
    Actually sorry but those things. Yes. iPhone can. It's called iMessage.

But, maybe this was a joke? In which case -- LOLz!... I guess...
    01-20-15 11:02 PM

Of course the iPhone can do that... iMessage has been doing it for years.

These are the kinds if 1d10ts that make us Berry geeks look bad.

Posted via CB10
    Ursus Rufus likes this.
    01-20-15 11:10 PM
    Can iMessage do it cross-platform? Nah-uh.
    01-21-15 08:22 AM
    Can iMessage do it cross-platform? Nah-uh.
    Neither can XBBM, at least not reliably. And lack of reliability is worse than not having it at all, at least for those of us who must perform for a living.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-15 09:01 AM
    I've never had an issue with xBBM. Have 100 contacts...use it constantly.
    01-21-15 09:10 AM
    I've never had an issue with xBBM. Have 100 contacts...use it constantly.
    If you use it constantly with the same contacts then you're admittedly already not going to experience one of the greatest problems.

That is, background notifications with contacts who've not opened the BBM app for a while on iOS.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-15 09:26 AM
    I agree with you in some respects. I don't have Facebook account and have little desire for one. The only reason I would get one is to see pictures of friends and their newborns, or stuff like that. I have resisted all this time though and don't see me joining anytime soon.

However, I don't agree with respect to Twitter. I am not active on Twitter, meaning I don't "tweet" much. But similar to what TgeekB said above, it is great for keeping up with current events. I follow a number of news agencies and news channels (radio and tv) and it is good at keeping abreast with breaking news. Now, I don't actively check Twitter throughout the day, but I do check it in the commute to and from work. I do check it every now and then during work, but that has been difficult during busy times.
    It sounds like your Twitter use is reasonable. I'm referring more to the idea that people have to be following Twitter constantly. Every once in a while, I will login to Twitter and it can easily eat up an hour or longer reading all the links and trying to understand all the short-hand used and trying to figure out what they are talking about. The short little blurbs seldom contain enough intelligent information unless you are following the whole thing.
    Ursus Rufus likes this.
    01-21-15 02:14 PM
    Trust me, I wish that BBM and BB as a whole was bigger then it is. I remember when everyone had a BB and BBM was all the rage. Almost my entire contact list had a BB and all was good in the world lol BBM was/is an awesome way to talk to people. However in 2015 so many people have left and everything BB is "outdated", that it becomes more of a chore. I asked my wife to download it since I had a Z10 and she had a nexus and then an iphone and the results were lackluster. BBM works the BEST when its two people using BB's.

As for the FB thing, its so ingrained in people that its not going away. I go through weekly bouts with deleting FB only to do an about face and not delete it. Its a great way of contacting people and keeping in touch. I hate looking at statuses and pretty much only use it for messenger.

Sorry for the long post.
    01-21-15 04:03 PM
    Hff

Posted via CB10
    01-22-15 02:29 PM
    I find glympse to be very helpful.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-15 02:35 PM
    Trust me, I wish that BBM and BB as a whole was bigger then it is. I remember when everyone had a BB and BBM was all the rage. Almost my entire contact list had a BB and all was good in the world lol BBM was/is an awesome way to talk to people. However in 2015 so many people have left and everything BB is "outdated", that it becomes more of a chore. I asked my wife to download it since I had a Z10 and she had a nexus and then an iphone and the results were lackluster. BBM works the BEST when its two people using BB's.

As for the FB thing, its so ingrained in people that its not going away. I go through weekly bouts with deleting FB only to do an about face and not delete it. Its a great way of contacting people and keeping in touch. I hate looking at statuses and pretty much only use it for messenger.

Sorry for the long post.
    My wife uses a Note 4 and the messaging experience between us is fine! I notice no difference except for the lack of features like video chat and screen share. Everything else is the same.

Can you reference some of your "lackluster" experiences?...

01-23-15 07:31 PM
    Agreed. NONE. Whatsapp does everything already. Wish I could remove BBM from my Q10.
    You can't attach pdf, doc, xls, something like that on WhatsApp. The reason i use bbm. In addition, bbm need authorisation to communicate (pin invite).

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Ursus Rufus likes this.
    01-23-15 10:29 PM
    Kakaotalk is awesome. Bbm is irrelevant. Used to be so nice to pickup chicks at bars with it.

Posted via CB10
    valer466 likes this.
    01-24-15 12:10 AM
    You can't attach pdf, doc, xls, something like that on WhatsApp. The reason i use bbm. In addition, bbm need authorisation to communicate (pin invite).

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    People want what's popular as a status symbol! They don't care about functionality. As long as they are perceived as being socially accepted is what is most important to most... BlackBerry users are not concerned with "status". We use what works and is functional.

End of story...

Ursus Rufus likes this.
    01-24-15 02:57 PM
    Screen share i guess.

Posted via CB10
    01-24-15 03:03 PM
    People want what's popular as a status symbol! They don't care about functionality. As long as they are perceived as being socially accepted is what is most important to most... BlackBerry users are not concerned with "status". We use what works and is functional.

End of story...

Totally agree.

Posted via CB10
    01-24-15 04:33 PM
    WhatsApp has read and delivered status as well to the date. BBM has BBM channel. BBM has message retraction, send any files like pdf, doc, xls, etc which WhatsApp can't.
    BBM using PIN as autorisation in the 1st place is very smart idea. Unlike WhatsApp, sometimes I receive messages from someone I don't know.

As BBM is multi platform, I installed BBM on my android, and it's as good as BBM on BlackBerry 10. Once I feel like BlackBerry 10 gives me better experience than android. I move to blackberry 10 device. BBM and BlackBerry 10: perfect experience.

Posted via CB10
    01-24-15 04:46 PM
    My wife uses a Note 4 and the messaging experience between us is fine! I notice no difference except for the lack of features like video chat and screen share. Everything else is the same.

Can you reference some of your "lackluster" experiences?...

Things as messages being shown as delivered on my end, but never coming to her phone and the reverse. She wasn't the only person that I had this experience with either.
    01-24-15 05:16 PM
    Things as messages being shown as delivered on my end, but never coming to her phone and the reverse. She wasn't the only person that I had this experience with either.
    Wow..that sounds like a network provider problem, not a software or hardware problem. Have you checked your network coverage ?

01-24-15 07:08 PM
172 ... 34567