I've had the Passport for over two years, and with the acquisition of the KEYone I decided to keep my BB10 capabilities in a more compact form. So I went ahead and got a brand new Classic at a ridiculous price.

My expectations were low. I wanted to keep this BB10 device Android-free for the first time ever (I also have an Android-poisoned Leap). I needed free 24/7 BBM, the TeamViewer interface, work WhatsApp account, Music Folder (yes, I like my music on my BB10), a real communication hub, and the overall seamlessly experience you can only find on this incredible platform.

I didn't know this QWERTY keyboard was not touch-capacitive, and was disappointed at the beginning, but then as I started typing I realized the comfort, typing speed and accuracy of this keyboard blows away all others. Maybe because of the fact it is not touch-capacitive they were able to shape it much better (not flat).

The tool-belt is also very convenient! The joystick takes over some functions of the touched enabled keyboards.

Extremely impressed with my new Classic!

Posted via CB10
    anon(9697770) and vincentkong like this.
    07-20-17 01:24 PM
    The tool belt makes the classic IMO. I keep my classic at bay and pull it out as needed hoping for a Android classic which I believe would sell very well.
    07-20-17 08:22 PM
    also loving my classic again, I moved away from it about a year ago, got a passport and other android devices, but no device was as enjoyable to use and type on as my classic. So I went ahead and got another, the size and keyboard make this device a keeper. Even if bb10 is super limited, it makes for a less distracting communication device. I started using It as my daily driver again and loaded zero android apps on it. Battery seems so much better than I remembered, maybe because my previous classic was always bogged down with all my android apps. And at work I find myself being more productive due to the fact I don't have a bunch of distracting apps taking my precious time. Again, great device for communication and that's what phones should be good at.

Posted with my good ol reliable classic
    07-20-17 08:33 PM
    There's something to be said about the overall build quality of the Classic. Even though it's smaller than the Passport and lacks some of the best features (faster CPU, larger screen, capacitive keyboard), its more 'pocketable' (for the lack of a better word) size makes it superior to the Passport for everyday use. I also enjoy the native music player in BB10, and find it more than enough for my needs. The Keyone has not yet been released here in Singapore, but I'm hoping it will be a natural step up from the Classic. The Priv just wasn't a good phone (battery life, size and usability-speaking).

Posted via CB10
    07-20-17 10:52 PM
    The 'pocketability' was what drew me over to the Classic. When my Passport was primary it was worth carrying it around in one of my front pockets, but being secondary I decided I needed a more 'pocketable' BB10 device. Again, didn't think there was better keyboard, but now I think the Classic's is the best one.

In addition, I am very devoted to these devices due to the following:

1. NFC works to every device (except, of course, if it doesn't have NFC capabilities) .
    2. TeamViewer interface.
    3. MS Excel interface.
    4. Music player.
    5. True Hub, best communication manager.
    6. 24/7 BBM for free (T-Mobile only).
    7. Spotify Premium for free (works on any Android as well).
    8. SlimPort, so convenient.
    9. Flashlight without unlocking screen (I am still trying to figure out how to get this done on Android).
    10. Malicious codes and adware not being able to run for safer browsing and website streaming.
    11. Smart sound-routing (still don't get why Android is so stupid in not guessing where I need the sound to be routed when streaming).
    12. Work-WhatsApp account.
    13. Alternative gps service (sometimes it gives me better routes than Google).
    14. PC desktop availability from File Manager.
    15. Option of getting it Android-poisoned and provide me with 80% of my daily Android needs if needed (Uber, Lyft, train arrivals, a lot other apps). May come in handy if my KEYone breaks, gets lost, fails, etc. I -now- have these options downloaded and ready to install in case of an emergency.

I could probably mention a few more features I get advantage of thank to this amazing platform.

Being a two phone person, I'm thinking at least two more years on BB10.

Posted via CB10
    rayporsche likes this.
    07-21-17 01:24 PM
    I didn't mention Blend because now on Android you get around quite well managing your phone from your pc using AirDroid or PushBullet, however, being BBM my primary source of communication with my close ones, Blend is the desktop manager the best suits my needs. There's still no desktop client for BBM on Android.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-17 01:35 PM
    I use Blend all the time on my Windows computer with my Classic. Essential stuff for me.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-17 08:40 PM
    The 'pocketability' was what drew me over to the Classic. When my Passport was primary it was worth carrying it around in one of my front pockets, but being secondary I decided I needed a more 'pocketable' BB10 device. Again, didn't think there was better keyboard, but now I think the Classic's is the best one.

In addition, I am very devoted to these devices due to the following:

1. NFC works to every device (except, of course, if it doesn't have NFC capabilities) .
    2. TeamViewer interface.
    3. MS Excel interface.
    4. Music player.
    5. True Hub, best communication manager.
    6. 24/7 BBM for free (T-Mobile only).
    7. Spotify Premium for free (works on any Android as well).
    8. SlimPort, so convenient.
    9. Flashlight without unlocking screen (I am still trying to figure out how to get this done on Android).
    10. Malicious codes and adware not being able to run for safer browsing and website streaming.
    11. Smart sound-routing (still don't get why Android is so stupid in not guessing where I need the sound to be routed when streaming).
    12. Work-WhatsApp account.
    13. Alternative gps service (sometimes it gives me better routes than Google).
    14. PC desktop availability from File Manager.
    15. Option of getting it Android-poisoned and provide me with 80% of my daily Android needs if needed (Uber, Lyft, train arrivals, a lot other apps). May come in handy if my KEYone breaks, gets lost, fails, etc. I -now- have these options downloaded and ready to install in case of an emergency.

I could probably mention a few more features I get advantage of thank to this amazing platform.

Being a two phone person, I'm thinking at least two more years on BB10.

Posted via CB10
    How do you insure each app is BB10 native and not a ported Android version? BBW used to distinguish between them, but I thought BBW changed that awhile back.
    07-22-17 09:27 PM
    How do you insure each app is BB10 native and not a ported Android version? BBW used to distinguish between them, but I thought BBW changed that awhile back.
    I meant I have not installed on this Classic the Google Play Store, Google Play Services or patched apps. I have downloaded apps from the Amazon App Store.
    07-22-17 09:32 PM
    I meant I have not installed on this Classic the Google Play Store, Google Play Services or patched apps. I have downloaded apps from the Amazon App Store.
    What's the difference other than simplicity? I only downloaded from BBW or Amazon. I didn't have time beyond that so I never bothered.
    07-22-17 09:50 PM
    You can get a lot more power if you inject your BB10 device with the Android stuff using Cobalt's workarounds, however, if you also carry an Android device as primary you probably wouldn't need to do that. I used to carry the Passport and the Priv, but the Passport was primary, therefore Uber, Lyft, Google Maps, Android WhatsApp, among other Android apps, were running on my BB10.
    07-22-17 10:00 PM
    The tool-belt is also very convenient! The joystick takes over some functions of the touched enabled keyboards.

Posted via CB10
    LOL, would say it's actually the other way around. The touch enabled keyboard (I have a Priv) is a poor attempt to mimic the functionality of the original trackpad imo.

Enjoy your Classic!

Posted via CB10
    07-23-17 01:28 AM
    The Classic is a very good phone. It was under-rated even during release, as the fullscreen phones and the widespread availability of Android and iOS applications were the order of the day back in 2014, and still is today. Aside from the weakening battery life/capacity due to age, the Classic remains a brilliant device. Whatsapp compatibility and support will be an issue when support for BB10 is dropped at year-end. Sad, but that's life, I suppose. For many, especially in Australia and Asia, Whatsapp is a required communications tool for work and personal spaces. I just hope Whatsapp can continue to support BB10 into 2018, but I'm not holding my breath, sadly.

Posted via CB10
    07-23-17 11:26 PM
    I love my Classic and my samsung note is now in the desk drawer, it had to many apps for me to waste my time on. Now the beauty of the font and the keyboard makes my day a lot brighter.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-17 10:37 AM
    I love classic and it's great tool.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-17 05:27 PM
    OP, how are you getting Spotify Premium for free? I heard of the 3 month trial but not lifetime free.

I used to have a Classic too. It's a great phone, but I ended up switching to the Z30 at the time as I wanted something a little faster. Personally I found the Classic a little slow. Eventually I went back to using a 9900 at the time!
    08-01-17 08:47 PM
    Absolutely agree with you. The Classic with lovely size und keyboard. But I also prefer to use a passport for Internet and text.

Posted via Passport SE
    08-04-17 03:50 PM
    OP, how are you getting Spotify Premium for free? I heard of the 3 month trial but not lifetime free.

I used to have a Classic too. It's a great phone, but I ended up switching to the Z30 at the time as I wanted something a little faster. Personally I found the Classic a little slow. Eventually I went back to using a 9900 at the time!
    OP was from 2 weeks ago. So he may be just on the trial.

Posted with my BlackBerry KEYone.
    08-04-17 11:47 PM
    The Classic is a very good phone. It was under-rated even during release, as the fullscreen phones and the widespread availability of Android and iOS applications were the order of the day back in 2014, and still is today. Aside from the weakening battery life/capacity due to age, the Classic remains a brilliant device. Whatsapp compatibility and support will be an issue when support for BB10 is dropped at year-end. Sad, but that's life, I suppose. For many, especially in Australia and Asia, Whatsapp is a required communications tool for work and personal spaces. I just hope Whatsapp can continue to support BB10 into 2018, but I'm not holding my breath, sadly.

Posted via CB10
    Imho the marketing of classic failed because:
    -Most people thinks that it is the very old device before to BB10, and it is quite funny and embarrassing see how people feel pity about you...
    -BB never promote it as Unix flavor OS or a device supporting Android

Otherwise maybe more people had bought one, because there was a demand for keyboard devices and almost nothing in the market..m

Posted via CB10
    Qorax likes this.
    01-26-18 02:42 AM
    -Most people thinks that it is the very old device before to BB10, and it is quite funny and embarrassing see how people feel pity about you...

Otherwise maybe more people had bought one, because there was a demand for keyboard devices and almost nothing in the market..m

Posted via CB10
    The Classic was probably the most successful BB10 device in net sales for BB other than maybe Q10 only because it started from the 9900 user base. The Z10 and Q10 probably had more initial sales before returns.

They all failed because they ran on BB10 instead of Android.
    01-26-18 06:28 AM

Posted via CB10
    I love the phone. But it doesn't matter how they marketed this phone. Blackberry had lost the battle to android and apple long ago no amount of marketing would have ever made the classic, passport, or the priv a success

Posted via CB10
    01-27-18 03:27 PM
    Are you able to use Whatsapp on it?

Posted via CB10
    01-27-18 11:34 PM
    They all failed because of no marketing

Posted via CB10
    02-04-18 08:06 PM
    I've had the Passport for over two years, and with the acquisition of the KEYone I decided to keep my BB10 capabilities in a more compact form. So I went ahead and got a brand new Classic at a ridiculous price.

My expectations were low. I wanted to keep this BB10 device Android-free for the first time ever (I also have an Android-poisoned Leap). I needed free 24/7 BBM, the TeamViewer interface, work WhatsApp account, Music Folder (yes, I like my music on my BB10), a real communication hub, and the overall seamlessly experience you can only find on this incredible platform.

I didn't know this QWERTY keyboard was not touch-capacitive, and was disappointed at the beginning, but then as I started typing I realized the comfort, typing speed and accuracy of this keyboard blows away all others. Maybe because of the fact it is not touch-capacitive they were able to shape it much better (not flat).

Posted via CB10
    Yeah the typing experience is much better on the classic than the passport. I have big hands and still found the passport uncomfortable to type on. The best PKBS are on the classic and Q10. I carry both devices and absolutely love them. Picking up a Q5 tomorrow for 20 bux I hope it has a nice PKB as well

Posted via CB10
    02-04-18 08:16 PM
    Posted via CB10
    03-05-18 08:08 AM
30 12