Im just going to toss this out here and maybe some of these days I could find the answer I need for which is which to purchase.

Im so confused right now.

Finally, I managed to check the blackberry classic in real life and must I say its bigger than Z10 and definitely bigger than the Q10! Oh and should I mention about how it is heavier too? That being said, I didnt found the spark I need or the luxurious feel from the Classic (Im not saying it should, but given to the pictures online, there surely is an impression that it is a high-end looking phone). First off, the keyboard is soft, yet it reminds you about the rubbery/plasticky things that are a magnets for finger prints and sweats. I could be forgiving about it, but during the time Im checking the Classic, it was also juxtaposed in black Q5 which the keyboard is very similar; hence the feeling of luxury left out from me.
    The track pad is great and its not really that small, but I come to 10.2 and there is really a less impulse for me to use the track pad. The other keys from the tool belt however really makes sense and I would find myself navigating easily like I have been using the device for the past few days.

I went to check again the Passport and the only thing that is holding me back is the size of it. If Im going for a relationship with this Passport, I cant see of it as becoming my wife or stable girlfriend just because its WIDE. I could however tell to myself that I can accessorize this thing to make the handling experience safer and convince myself more that this phone is just for specific tasks so I would just occasionally hold it, but the specs would argue and it does really need to be hold more like a work horse.

I am coming from a full touch device, and I find that having keyboard on a phone is much pleasing experience from writing emails, notes, tasks etc., but with these new qwerty BB devices, I didnt find the feeling of the need to purchase them wholeheartedly (or just because its the latest from BB). I would, however, buy the Q10 because it is more pleasing to hold in one hand, but the display of it gives me more of a NO to use since the sun here in Dubai is all but high and bright. I could go for iphone 6, but the OS is ****ty (compare to BB10) with composing emails and I dont want for another toy. I could go for Samsung S5 (which btw the size is really perfect for one hand use), but its Android and thats not of a debate when you are using BB10 (right?)

So the whole point of this post is much of a first impression and the journey of me to keep convincing myself to find a better reason why should I buy one. However Im also hoping that maybe theres someone out there who found this delirium for the new BB10 devices, but managed to suck it up or come up with a better solution (case, accessories?)
    01-06-15 05:04 AM
    I came from using a passport for the last three months and I loved the device, large beautiful screen, fast processor and built like a panzer tank.

But, I had a friend who bought a classic for his wife and she wanted a passport so after I played with the device for an hour, I did the trade and he gave me a little cash to offset the cost difference.

After using the classic as my daily driver for the past week I have found myself loving the device and I takes me back to a simpler time when my trusty BlackBerry supplied me with my email, messaging and now social media and never let me down.

The form factor of the classic is superb and is easier to use one handed then the passport. Yes, it has a smaller screen and doesn't have the processing horsepower the passport has, but if your looking for a great device for messaging, social media and is priced right, it does exactly what's it's designed for. Just my two cents.

Sent from my lovely Classic on T Mobile USA
    DeliFresser likes this.
    01-06-15 05:20 AM
    @bakron1. Few questions - since you're on TMO
    How's your signal - I'm coming from a Z10 with WiFi calling (I assume you do not have WFC)?
    Can you change the LED colors to indicate various notifications without a 3rd party app?
    TIA
    01-06-15 05:42 AM
    The form factor of the classic is superb and is easier to use one handed then the passport. Yes, it has a smaller screen and doesn't have the processing horsepower the passport has, but if your looking for a great device for messaging, social media and is priced right, it does exactly what's it's designed for.
    Hi, Thank you for your response. This is what exactly why I am going for one handed device rather than the Passport. I do read more often on the phone and I am more used to reading in "reading mode" than the actual passport could offer. That said, I comparing the experience I had with the same specs, I found some simple apps even on the native ones are a bit laggy (Docs to Go especially). Maybe the grass is different in the latest OS, but the specs on passport is quite promising too.

The Classic is really nice, but then I guess the mistake I have made was to built a lot of expectations (design wise) for it. That's why I am gonna convince myself now that it is just a bit better of treats than a Q10.
    01-06-15 06:07 AM
    Keyboard is soft and rubbery??? Um, wtf are you talking about? Do you think the Q10's keyboard is that way too because they are pretty much identical except for size...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    01-06-15 09:54 AM
    How's your signal - I'm coming from a Z10 with WiFi calling (I assume you do not have WFC)?
    Can you change the LED colors to indicate various notifications without a 3rd party app?
    TIA
    I get a great signal and LTE from T Mobile and sorry but I don't use WiFi callimg so I can't compare that for you. I have set the colored notification LED for third party apps and it seems to work pretty good.

Sent from my lovely Classic on T Mobile USA
    01-06-15 10:29 AM
    Keyboard is soft and rubbery??? Um, wtf are you talking about? Do you think the Q10's keyboard is that way too because they are pretty much identical except for size...
    Uhm I think I have clearly said that it was similar with Q5. In regards to being identical with Q10's keypad shape, I have to agree with you on that, but however I am pertaining more about the "the feel" of the keypad and not the looks of it which brings me to my first sentence about comparing it with the Q5
    01-06-15 10:35 AM
    I have yet to handle a Classic, yet I own a Passport since late October. It is kind of a love/hate relationship. The screen estate is really great, viewing documents and browsing the web is awesome in this device. The size however, more specific the wide is actually a bit of a problem. There are times I'd like better/more secure grip.
    The physical keyboard is great, the keys aren't taller compared to the Q, yet much wider. The tactile feedback is also very good, it is one of the most (if not the most) comfortable keyboard I've ever used on a phone - and I used a lot of them. Shadow takes place with the virtual row however, I especially rant about the shift "key" which could be better responding. Also typing numbers and special characters kind of breaks my used to flow.

It is a tough decision since both devices have their very own benefits. I think size is becoming the most critical aspect for every potential Passport owner. I mainly bought the Passport because the Classic got delayed and because I wanted to try out that innovative device, I put my doubts regarding the size aside, which might have been a mistake.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-15 10:38 AM
    Uhm I think I have clearly said that it was similar with Q5. In regards to being identical with Q10's keypad shape, I have to agree with you on that, but however I am pertaining more about the "the feel" of the keypad and not the looks of it which brings me to my first sentence about comparing it with the Q5
    And I'm asking you about the feel, what feels rubbery about it? Are you talking about the key press or the feel of the keys themselves? Because, like I've said, the keys are identical to the Q10 except for the size, and this includes the feel of the actual key material...

01-06-15 01:10 PM
    'Rubbery/plasticky, fingerprint & sweat magnet' are the most inappropriate descriptions of the Classic's KB that I heard of. Are you sure it was a Classic that you tried?

'Soft': the Q10 & the PP KBs are softer. Of the 'harder' KBs, the Q5 is the hardest, the 9900 the softest, the Classic right in the middle. I have all of these devices right in front of me.

So by no means the Classic's KB does give a low quality, soft, rubbery, plasticky feel. Nor does the entire device.

Many people consider the Classic's KB the best BB KB ever. I think it is outstanding, on par with or better than the best KBs in the last 4 years or so, the 9900, Q10, Passport.
    01-06-15 01:37 PM
    'Rubbery/plasticky, fingerprint & sweat magnet' are the most inappropriate descriptions of the Classic's KB that I heard of. Are you sure it was a Classic that you tried?

'Soft': the Q10 & the PP KBs are softer. Of the 'harder' KBs, the Q5 is the hardest, the 9900 the softest, the Classic right in the middle. I have all of these devices right in front of me.

So by no means the Classic's KB does give a low quality, soft, rubbery, plasticky feel. Nor does the entire device.

Many people consider the Classic's KB the best BB KB ever. I think it is outstanding, on par with or better than the best KBs in the last 4 years or so, the 9900, Q10, Passport.
    I have absolutely no clue what the heck he's talking about either... I had a 9000 (still have it), then a 9900, then a Q10 (still have it), and now the Classic, and I agree with you the Classic has the best keyboard out of all of them in my opinion. Nothing "rubbery" or soft about them... Maybe he handled a dummy unit with rubber keys or something...

01-06-15 03:17 PM
    TIA
    Since TMO doesn't carrier BlackBerry anymore, they no longer support WiFi calling for any models after the Z10 and Q10.

Sucks because I have spotty reception at home sometimes, and it's a nice feature to use when traveling abroad to call home.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-15 06:46 PM