12-15-15 05:47 AM
41 12
tools
    Once you own a Passport, all other phones feel weird. Unfortunately, the Classic doesn't have that money feel in the hand like the Passport does and its specs are equal to a Q10

Posted via CB10
    06-11-15 10:59 PM
    I have both, used Passport since launch, and have used the Classic probably the last two months. To me it is all about what you are looking for, they are both great devices, and both have flaws like all phones. I think the benefits of the classic to me are the form factor, full keyboard and trackpad, but coming from passport it feels slow and laggy. Love the Passport screen, speed, and actually the keyboard, don't like how wide in the pockets and especially on phone calls.

So really up to you. I am actually trying to decide which one now to keep and which to sell, but will probably end up just switching, a waste, but oh well.
    06-11-15 11:45 PM
    Thanks everyone!! I think my next phone will be the classic!! The form factor is key for me.

Posted via CB10
    CivilDissident and bigjman like this.
    06-12-15 07:08 AM
    Wow, you couldn't have a harder decision to make lol.

Own a Z10
    Interested in purchase a Passport (unique design)
    Interested in purchasing a Classic (track pad)

Yeah, smaller screen vs bigger screen.
    Same specs vs better specs.
    Longer battery life vs long battery life (#WinWin)
    Traditional keyboard vs next gen.
    Better camera vs slightly improved

Personally for me, I would go for the AT&T Passport (rounded) since it would not be a decrease in screen real estate but on the other hand...

The Classic is the same size a Z10 so you will feel much more at home with holding it. (which is already a step ahead) but it all depends if you cool with that "utility belt"

Either way, you getting a quality device

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.3.1.2576
    06-12-15 11:10 AM
    Thanks for that. I am more concerned with the upfront cost at this point. 300 vs free etc. It's a tough call and I love both designs. I just don't have to have a brick on the next few years etc and if I have any issues i'm quite worried that BlackBerry won't take care of me (incase anything happens out of my control) due to their ridiculous deal with carriers..

Posted via CB10
    06-12-15 11:34 AM
    I have both but now use the Classic exclusively. It is easier to use.

With that said I miss the Passport spec and the screen size. If there was something in the middle it would be great! Whatever you decide to go with you'll be happy.

Posted via CB10
    schlemer and Nightwing535 like this.
    06-12-15 11:52 AM
    My continuing thoughts:

The Classic is the better mobile device. The Passport is the better laptop replacement.

It's as simple as that for me. I miss the power of the Passport, but the Classic allows me to be better equipped on the go, out of the house, or while doing anything. The Passport demands all of your attention and mobility, which is where its considerable power lies, as well as its downfall as a mobile phone.

I almost wish an updated Playbook were released with something similar to the Passport form-factor.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by deadcowboy; 06-18-15 at 08:14 AM.
    Nightwing535 likes this.
    06-17-15 02:01 PM
    Thanks for that. I feel like your comparison is a very valid one. I use my phone for work and staying organized. I'm not exactly a power user at all but I'm just kinda looking to future proof myself so in a year I don't want to toss my phone etc.

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    06-18-15 04:39 AM
    Thanks for that. I feel like your comparison is a very valid one. I use my phone for work and staying organized. I'm not exactly a power user at all but I'm just kinda looking to future proof myself so in a year I don't want to toss my phone etc.

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    So I'm wondering, are you still enjoying your Classic?

Posted via CB10
    12-12-15 09:36 AM
    Posted via the REDPORT (custom BBM pin:REDPORT)
    I don't think your pin is correct...! Check out once again please.

Stuck between Classic and Passport, coming from Z10-img_20151213_003926.png

 9220 ->  Q5
    12-12-15 01:10 PM
    My continuing thoughts:

The Classic is the better mobile device. The Passport is the better laptop replacement.

It's as simple as that for me. I miss the power of the Passport, but the Classic allows me to be better equipped on the go, out of the house, or while doing anything. The Passport demands all of your attention and mobility, which is where its considerable power lies, as well as its downfall as a mobile phone.

I almost wish an updated Playbook were released with something similar to the Passport form-factor.

Posted via CB10
    Completely agreed. Truly truth

Posted via CB10
    12-12-15 01:26 PM
    I was enjoying my classic until it decided to implode on itself. The screen became unresponsive and the phone was doing some pretty funky stuff. I security wiped the phone, same results. It is in for repair and I am using my Z10.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-15 07:12 PM
    I personally have a Classic and a PP SE. Last year, I thought the PP was just too awkward and preferred the Classic. I was so excited about the trackpad coming from a q10. I've had the Classic for almost a year now and it's a great phone. I finally decided, however, that the Passport was looking better and better, especially the Silver Edition (which I originally thought looked like it came from the 80's). I have to say I love the Passport. The only things I miss sometimes on the Classic is how easy it is to hold and that stinking mouse! But then when I pick the PP back up, I pretty quickly forget my troubles. The scroll keypad is much better than the tiny trackpad. If the PP could get an update to have a mouse option from a double tap, it would be superior to the Classic in every way.

Here's hoping..

Typed on the fantastic Pasprt SE
    12-12-15 10:06 PM
    If the PP could get an update to have a mouse option from a double tap, it would be superior to the Classic in every way.

Here's hoping..

Typed on the fantastic Pasprt SE

Before the passport becomes superior, it needs to be able to use the keyboard to select icons off of the home screen(like the classic does with the blue cursor). And the passport needs a proper 4 row keyboard. The space bar should not be between the V and the B. And if they fix that, they should also put a Shift key and an Alt key back.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-15 11:31 PM
    Before the passport becomes superior, it needs to be able to use the keyboard to select icons off of the home screen(like the classic does with the blue cursor). And the passport needs a proper 4 row keyboard. The space bar should not be between the V and the B. And if they fix that, they should also put a Shift key and an Alt key back.

Posted via CB10
    I say just deal with the Passport being a shade taller. Take the classics hardware ( toolbelt, and keyboard) and slap it on the Passport. Expand it obviously so that it fits the width. But honestly, could you imagine a Passport with a toolbelt, and four row keyboard?? I would buy 10. Seriously.

ClassicSQC100-4/10.3.2.2639
    th.1977 and Nightwing535 like this.
    12-13-15 12:39 AM
    It is up to your preference to decide which suits you better.
    We all know passport has way better specs than classic. So you should know what you are getting into.

I was having the same debate as you a few months ago for a long time. I had been using an iphone6 with a 9900(sometimes a Q5) at the same time - so I know I am spoiled with a good camera(that's all I care really about on iPhones). Lots of people told me I should go with Passport. I did lots of research and I liked the passport(still do). However, Passport is just not for me. I don't like having a phone that cannot fit into any pockets. I have always had doubts about the swiping keyboard features, which seems so cool at times but could be annoying if you mistakenly swipe your fingers to the left to delete a line of words you have just typed. I didn't care about having a huge screen. Last but not least, I could get lots of hate because I genuinely find the passport design look tacky, including the silver edition one. It is as if I wore everything with Louise Vuitton or Gucci logos on me. They are good quality luxury goods, but having the logos(the big shiny phone) on you all the time, in my opinion, is just too flashy for my aesthetics.

Everything I have typed out is so personal to me, so think long and hard what you want your phone to be or to do for you.

I went with the blue classic. I am and will always be in love with a 9900, so classic fits me right.

Realised my reply is late, as you have gone with the classic. great choice!
    12-15-15 05:47 AM
41 12