Hi all,

I am stuck between both passport and classic. I currently have a Z10 and I am looking to upgrade to either phone. Can you please post up some pointers why you switched to the classic or from the passport to the classic.

Thanks!
    Dave

Posted via CB10
    06-11-15 08:40 AM
    from passport to the classic probably because of the farm factor
    06-11-15 08:54 AM
    Passport - Spec powerhouse, more modren tech than classic.
    06-11-15 08:54 AM
    I like the trackpad and small size so Classic.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-15 08:57 AM
    Thanks guys. I think the thing that is really holding me back right now is the passport and the screen issues. I know that the Classic generally has no screen issues but I have read a few posts about double typing. I really love the form factor of the classic as it is similar to my Z10 in many ways but the specs of the passport really cant be ignored. Am I out in left field or is my thinking justified?

Thanks
    Dave
    06-11-15 09:14 AM
    Worse comes to worse, try the Passport, if it isn't for you, return it within your return limit and get a classic, try them both so you know for sure
    06-11-15 09:16 AM
    I would be getting my phone through my carrier, which is Bell. Unfortunately because I am in Canada I would more than likely be stuck with the phone I choose.
    06-11-15 09:18 AM
    I would be getting my phone through my carrier, which is Bell. Unfortunately because I am in Canada I would more than likely be stuck with the phone I choose.
    All carriers have a return policy, just ask Bell to make sure what it is, actually one minute and I'll ask my buddy who's a Bell Rep
    06-11-15 09:38 AM
    This boils down to individual preference. What I need in a phone isn't the same as what someone else needs in a phone. While the Passport has awesome specs, I personally don't "need" them; instead, my needs are more with the size of the phone and toolbelt. My BlackBerry is used for business activities 95% + of the time, so the Classic is perfect for me.

Don't get me wrong, I would have loved to have the PP specs in the Classic, but was not a factor in my decision.

The other problem OP will run into is the human nature a lot of us probably have: we want what we can't have. Meaning, if you get the PP you will want the Classic, and vise versa. This is why we see so many people here using two (or more) phones.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-15 09:40 AM
    Bell Policy:

14 Days
    30min Talk Time
    50MB Data (Cellular - So use wifi, and don't make a call basically lol)
    06-11-15 09:46 AM
    My last Blackberry was a 9930. I loved it, but it did have some issues (after two years) that finally made me move on. The Classic debuts and I decide to come back home. Form factor, screen size and noticeable speed (from 9930), OS10, call & build quality and available apps due to Amazon and Snap really helped with my decision. Not to mention that wonderful keyboard and track pad.

Being on Crackberry never helps, so curiosity about the Passport brings me to the AT&T model. Form factor does take a bit for me to get used to. Screen size and clarity is amazing. Speed and power is more than ill need for a while. Build quality and keyboard ingenuity is a testament to what the fine folks at Blackberry are doing today.

My only issues with either device is not really a hardware thing. It's silly little things like Dropbox not working as fluid as on my GS4. Not having many native banking apps, especially on a business orientated smartphone. Facebook app needs to get better. Like it or not, a lot of people use it to promote business along with twitter. Let's face it folks Social media is here to stay for a long while.

The one thing that I've always said about Blackberry that always keeps me loving them more every day. The company still offer the consumer (business or average) true choice when it comes to hardware. Classic = old school, Passport = innovation, Leap = economical, Slider = diversity and flexibility, Z30 = competitive. I'll let someone else describe the Z10 & Q10

Good luck in choosing.
    06-11-15 10:00 AM
    I'll let someone else describe the Z10 & Q10
    Amazing Failures (amazing in the sense they were great devices, and offered alot...failures in the sense sales and the inital OS (10.0/1) pratically sucked lol)
    06-11-15 10:08 AM
    Why not Q10 if you're planning to pick Classic? Q10 has got same specs and build quality is awesome of Q!
    06-11-15 10:16 AM
    went from Z10 to passport and 3 reasons why
    1. innovation
    2. specs
    3. screen size sorta stays the sameish.
    06-11-15 12:38 PM
    I would recommend going for the Classic if you wish to keep the Z10 as a backup device. With those two devices, you certainly have (almost) the best of both worlds in your hand minus some higher performance specs of the Passport. However, If you do not intend to keep the Z10 and prefer using just a single device then you might want to go straight for the Passport. Having said that, I still think that the Classic by itself is a great device that can stand firmly on its own. In my case, I first had (and still have) a Z10 and now a Classic, both of which more than adequately meet all my daily mobile computing needs. For most days, I rely solely on the Classic since I can get everything done without a hitch. The Z10 is kept on hand, though, as standby just in case of some unforeseen incident or preference. The final choice (perhaps difficult as it may be) is still yours because you will have to live (happily or fuss) with it. Finally, my own advice is to list all your priorities carefully then decide which ones are really necessary, important and affordable to you. Have a great experience with your new Classic/Z10 combo, Classic or Passport only device!
    06-11-15 12:39 PM
    Thanks for the input. I think that my next phone will be the classic!

Posted via CB10
    06-11-15 01:43 PM
    What do the higher specs in pp let you do that a classic won't do?

Posted via CB10
    06-11-15 06:15 PM

Posted via CB10
    Run android apps without lag.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-15 06:20 PM

Posted via CB10
    Have a longer life span with current technology

Posted via the REDPORT (custom BBM pin:REDPORT)
    06-11-15 06:27 PM
    Hi all,

I am stuck between both passport and classic. I currently have a Z10 and I am looking to upgrade to either phone. Can you please post up some pointers why you switched to the classic or from the passport to the classic.

Thanks!
    Dave

Posted via CB10
    Passport = Phablet

Classic = Phone

To me that is the relevance... Not a Phablet fan, I prefer my phone simply be a phone. Messaging, emailing, phone calls, productivity, social networking, lite browsing... I, personally, don't need android apps nor do I use my device for media outside the occasional music Playlist or random youtube video. I demo'd both devices and while the Passport is AMAZING and does have more torque behind it, it's not needed for me and I found myself valuing the Classic far more... The Passport, like all phablets, in my opinion, are simply too big and bulky to be a practical main device. The Classic? It soothes the powerhouse messaging beast within without being 'too much'. Ultimately it comes down to YOUR personal preference and needs in the end. That's what I love about BlackBerry. It's TRULY a customizable experience... Your mobile environment, YOUR way.

Posted via CB10
    schlemer and AthenaSmith like this.
    06-11-15 07:02 PM
    Worse comes to worse, try the Passport, if it isn't for you, return it within your return limit and get a classic, try them both so you know for sure
    If u do this make sure u put like an alarm clock or notifications. I didn't and when I finally decided I'm going to get the passport after being on the classic for awhile, I was one day too late. My fault no one else.
    Oh well, the classic is a very nice device. I love everything about it, except the specs.
    The passport I had it for a few days and i thought it was too big, but the speed, the power, the screen, the battery are amazing.
    If I had to do it again I would go with the passport bc of all the latest technology on it and the screen and battery life. As well as no lag. My classic lags when typing on this website or even on opening and closing browsers, it's not a huge deal but it's noticeable.
    06-11-15 07:11 PM
    If u do this make sure u put like an alarm clock or notifications. I didn't and when I finally decided I'm going to get the passport after being on the classic for awhile, I was one day too late. My fault no one else.
    Oh well, the classic is a very nice device. I love everything about it, except the specs.
    The passport I had it for a few days and i thought it was too big, but the speed, the power, the screen, the battery are amazing.
    If I had to do it again I would go with the passport bc of all the latest technology on it and the screen and battery life. As well as no lag. My classic lags when typing on this website or even on opening and closing browsers, it's not a huge deal but it's noticeable.
    Crackberry website lags on many devices.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    CivilDissident likes this.
    06-11-15 07:27 PM
    Crackberry website lags on many devices.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    Yup including the passport. All MobileNations forums are coded pretty ****ty when it comes to desktop.

Posted via the REDPORT (custom BBM pin:REDPORT)
    06-11-15 07:42 PM
    I just recently switched from the Classic to the Passport and I love it.

My initial fear was that I wouldn't be able to adjust to the three row keyboard or the overall form factor, but after using the Passport for a few days I feel right at home with the Passport and can generally type almost as quickly and accurately as I could with the Classic, if not faster in some cases.

You also get the benefit of being able to swipe on the keyboard to complete words, something that your current Z10 can do with the virtual keyboard but that won't be possible with the Classic.

I also find the battery life to be greatly improved, especially in heavy usage scenarios, and the extra screen space is fantastic for browsing the Internet, reading, and working on documents. I'm also finding that I don't miss the trackpad/toolbelt from the Classic much at all, especially since the keyboard on the Passport supports gestures such as scrolling (and zoom with OS 10.3.2). In some cases I find that scrolling with the Passport actually works better and more consistently across various apps as well.

Just my two cents.
    Nightwing535 likes this.
    06-11-15 08:10 PM
    The Classic and the Passport both have issues. I'd go with the Classic, and I am. The form-factor is just more practical. But the Passport is a more special device.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-15 09:44 PM
41 12