I'm going to be really bummed if I can't get this thing working.

Anybody else out there running straight talk on their Blackberry Classic phone?

I updated my APN settings and I'm getting 4g LTE as expected however I can't send MMS pics... weird thing is I can receive them but I can't send them.... any ideas?

I've done everything from going into engineering settings to rebooting, to checking my apn and still no luck....
    12-19-14 07:32 PM
    Let me guess...you have ST service via AT&T?
    12-19-14 07:53 PM
    yes it's straight talk - BYOP (bring your own phone) plan...

Everything working except sending MMS... If I can't send pictures though I'm going to return this thing
    12-19-14 09:04 PM
    MMS is a recurring issue with ST when using AT&T service, and it is not unique to BB10.

Go into Text Messages, then the overflow menu (three vertical dots,)>Settings>Text Messages>MMS (the tab on top)>then the "double rattle" looking thing at the bottom, and make sure your MMSC settings here match these: Straight Talk ::: Bring Your Own Phone ::: Keep everything you love
    308hunter likes this.
    12-19-14 09:13 PM
    MMS is a recurring issue with ST when using AT&T service, and it is not unique to BB10.

Go into Text Messages, then the overflow menu (three vertical dots,)>Settings>Text Messages>MMS (the tab on top)>then the "double rattle" looking thing at the bottom, and make sure your MMSC settings here match these: Straight Talk ::: Bring Your Own Phone ::: Keep everything you love
    Omg I thought that was going to do the trick... no such luck...

It did go from saying "general error" to the 3 half moon looking things...

But weird thing is now i cant receive them
    12-19-14 10:22 PM
    Try restarting your phone
    12-19-14 10:48 PM
    ow wow wow...

Finally got mine working on my BlackBerry Classic!!

APN: tfdata
    MMSC URL: http://mms-tf.net
    Proxy URL: 66.209.11.33:80

You MUST reboot device... I even tried to flick data on and off it doesn't work... must fully reboot

Found this info out on this thread below, I freaking love crackberry!!!

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-ti...l#post11179072
    ezapper2 and BrianRedell like this.
    12-19-14 11:53 PM
    How do you reboot? You mean turn it off then back on?
    12-20-14 12:12 AM
    No, hold the power button, then select restart when the count down begins, or simply keep holding down the power button a few seconds longer after the countdown ends.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    12-20-14 12:21 AM
    lol... how do you 'reboot' your laptop? xD
    12-20-14 12:23 AM
    Hello everyone,
    so I've been browsing the forums. I need a straight answer, as it is unclear.
    I understand I can use (unlocked) Blackberry classic GSM (at&t) on the Straight talk network via SIMcard and various settings....

My question:
    What about (unlocked) Verizon LTE Blackberry Classic on the Straight Talk Verizon towers? (note, I don't think there's a SIM card in this version, or is there?)
    If this is possible, how do I get started? =)

Thanks for your forums.
    My Blackberry curve 9310c prepaid on Straight Talk verizon towers has died and I cannot find that phone version anywhere decently priced.
    308hunter likes this.
    04-21-15 11:17 AM
    I have the Verizon Classic. I bought the phone outright with the intention of using it on Verizon's prepaid network same as straight talk. When the VZW sales man rang up my purchase- phone + prepaid sim card, it was a no go. His tablet would not sell them together because there not compatible yet the phone was to new he said. So I bought the phone out of contract and put on there post paid plan which I got a 15.00 discount month to month for no contract.

Afterwards I purchased the VZ prepaid sim card from online to see if it would work. When I insert the sim it said not compatible. Now keep in mind my phone had the post paid sim installed and running on that network when I bought the phone new. I think if you download one of the leaked OS and install on your phone I don't see why any prepaid CDMA sim shouldn't work.
    04-21-15 11:45 AM
    My question:
    What about (unlocked) Verizon LTE Blackberry Classic on the Straight Talk Verizon towers? (note, I don't think there's a SIM card in this version, or is there?)
    If this is possible, how do I get started? =)
    Hi, I saw your post in another thread. I meant to reply, but forgot

Anyway..to answer your questions:

Verizon Classic does use a SIM card, even on Verizon. They need it for LTE.

But to get it on Straight Talk's Verizon service, you need to meet certain conditions Verizon has set, and it would be a good idea to test the phone against ST's activation page too, especially since this is not an Android or iPhone. You can read more here: Straight Talk Now Allowing Verizon LTE Phones | Prepaid Phone News
    04-21-15 11:58 AM
    i don't understand the Sim Card deal. Some people say they are on Straight Talk, using a AT&T Sim Card. I believe there is a Straight Talk Sim Card, some people say the same thing, but they're on Net 10 with AT&T. I'm getting an unlocked Classic with AT&T, and want to get the Straight Talk Unlimited Text, Voice and Data plan. Do I get a Straight Talk Bring Your Own Phone kit for this?
    10-15-15 08:30 PM
    i don't understand the Sim Card deal. Some people say they are on Straight Talk, using a AT&T Sim Card. I believe there is a Straight Talk Sim Card, some people say the same thing, but they're on Net 10 with AT&T. I'm getting an unlocked Classic with AT&T, and want to get the Straight Talk Unlimited Text, Voice and Data plan. Do I get a Straight Talk Bring Your Own Phone kit for this?
    Short version: Yes. Get a BYOP kit from Walmart or Straight Talk. If you want your Straight Talk service through AT&T, make sure it's the AT&T compatible Straight Talk "activation kit" you're getting. Since you're going to be using a Classic, make sure you get the nano sized SIM card.

Long version: Straight Talk does not have a network or cell towers of its own. They are what's referred to as a mobile virtual network operator (MVNO) which is a service provider that buys access to one or more mobile network operator's (MNO) networks and sells service to customers. Straight Talk is an MVNO of all the four major US MNOs: AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon and Sprint. So when someone says "AT&T SIM" in reference to Straight Talk, they most likely mean "a Straight Talk SIM card that accesses the AT&T network." A "Bring Your Own Phone/activation kit" is just a fancy name for "SIM card+activation instructions."
    Avenzuno likes this.
    10-15-15 09:09 PM
    I just wanted to make sure I am understanding you correctly as I am considering switching to Straight Talk. I saw a phone for sale BlackBerry Classic 16GB GSM 4G LTE Smartphone (Unlocked) and wondered if this phone would work on Straight Talk. It doesn't list a carrier it just says it is an unlocked phone GSM. Also, are you able to use all the functions on it as usual now? Thanks in advance, I just want to make sure before i purchase a phone and switch to Straight Talks
    10-21-15 05:03 PM
    I just wanted to make sure I am understanding you correctly as I am considering switching to Straight Talk. I saw a phone for sale BlackBerry Classic 16GB GSM 4G LTE Smartphone (Unlocked) and wondered if this phone would work on Straight Talk. It doesn't list a carrier it just says it is an unlocked phone GSM. Also, are you able to use all the functions on it as usual now? Thanks in advance, I just want to make sure before i purchase a phone and switch to Straight Talks
    It depends on what you want out of the phone. If all you care about talk and text and 3G-speed data, then any Classic can do that, provided you're getting an AT&T or TMO service Straight Talk SIM card. But if you want more i.e. LTE speeds, you want to double check which model you're buying. I would rank them as such:

If your ST SIM card uses AT&T towers:
    1. SQC100-2
    1. SQC100-4
    3*. SQC100-3/5
    4*. SQC100-1

If your ST SIM card uses TMO towers:
    1. SQC100-4
    2. SQC100-2
    3*. SQC100-3/5
    4*. SQC100-1

*subjective, since I'm comparing imperfect options.

In short, you would want to check which model you're getting and then think about how much you're willing to compromise.
    10-21-15 05:33 PM
    Hello and thank you for your help Do you have any suggestions which Sim card I should chose if I want to use this phone on Straight Talk? It is the BlackBerry Classic 16GB GSM 4G LTE Smartphone (Unlocked) it does not list a carrier with it and Model# SQC100-4 .
    10-22-15 03:15 PM
    Hello and thank you for your help Do you have any suggestions which Sim card I should chose if I want to use this phone on Straight Talk? It is the BlackBerry Classic 16GB GSM 4G LTE Smartphone (Unlocked) it does not list a carrier with it and Model# SQC100-4 .
    If you're asking size, get a nano-SIM

But if you're asking which network's Straight Talk SIM you should get, that's difficult for me to answer because I don't know which carrier has better coverage around you: AT&T or TMO. Try talking to your neighbors/local friends to check if they are customers of either, and what their coverage is like.
    10-22-15 03:20 PM
    Hello and thx for all ur help. I finally got my BlackBerry Classic and am using on ST (ended up getting tmobile SIM since phone was previously on tmobile). Everything worked fine but recently I'm not getting pictures. Always shows "Download" button then when tap it says Downloading in Que. Do I need to change APN settings again? I have as follows:

APN: wap tracfone com
    MMSC URL: mms tracfone com
    01-14-16 12:23 PM
    The APN should be just wap.tracfone (no .com at the end,) but if data is working, I guess I'd leave it.

MMS URL looks OK, just try adding the port number at the end: http://mms.tracfone.com:8080
    01-14-16 06:23 PM
    Hello and thx again . I have everything workin on my phone except Receiving MMS. I can send MMS just not Receive them. I'm using Tmobile SIM card through Straight Talk. Any Suggestions?
    02-09-16 03:10 PM
    Hello and thx again . I have everything workin on my phone except Receiving MMS. I can send MMS just not Receive them. I'm using Tmobile SIM card through Straight Talk. Any Suggestions?
    Weird, but not uncommon. Some possible solutions I'm coming across on the internet:

-try changing your MMS URL to mms2, mm3
    -get a new SIM card

Beyond this, I'm out of ideas.
    02-16-16 10:08 PM
    I have a BlackBerry Classic, and so does my Wife. We are both on StraightTalk using the SIM cards for the AT&T Network. When I set the cards up and put them in the phones, they seemed to work automatically after the carrier did the switch. Maybe try the AT&T option instead? We get calling, texting, and 4G LTE perfectly. I am actually blown away that the 4G is actually faster than our DSL!

Posted via CB10
    02-16-16 11:17 PM