Just popped into the Telus store to have a gander. No blackberry classic on display, but they do have a passport front and center as soon as you walk in.

First time I actually held it. Is it really that light? Or is the battery missing from it? It felt like air compared to my classic.

Guy didn't really know anything about it which was a shame. Shown him my classic, he liked it.

The passport isn't as big as people make out if I'm honest. The wife made a comment about it being able to replace my iPad. Which is exactly why I want one.

I didn't buy it though... for some reason I couldn't justify it in my head since I have the classic

Nice looking phone though!

My random 2c for the day.

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    12-28-14 02:44 PM
    Interesting. I'd love to have one just to have one. But I like my Z30 and can't see replacing it. That and VZW won't ever get it.
    NYTOC83 likes this.
    12-28-14 02:49 PM
    it is all about wants vs needs..........
    12-28-14 02:56 PM
    Oh I hear you. I'm very fortunate to get whatever I want whenever I want. Took me many years of hard graft to get here which sucked.

I just don't know what I'd use if for other than browsing and reading, which this classic does fine.

First world problems

Posted via CB10
    12-28-14 03:04 PM
    that is why I have a Dell venue pro 11" for that second parts( full desktop portability)
    wasimraza likes this.
    12-28-14 03:14 PM
    Dude get the surface pro 3 - omg is that thing the tits!

I have a dell e7740 for work - but the sp3 has pretty much replaced that. Get the dock for it and it's awesome. Have it hooked up to three monitors in my office, and crnt fault it. I hear the dell venue 8 pro is great for that corp/entertainment aspect also.

Posted via CB10
    mkelley65 and NYTOC83 like this.
    12-28-14 03:44 PM
    Dude get the surface pro 3 - omg is that thing the tits!

I have a dell e7740 for work - but the sp3 has pretty much replaced that. Get the dock for it and it's awesome. Have it hooked up to three monitors in my office, and crnt fault it. I hear the dell venue 8 pro is great for that corp/entertainment aspect also.

Posted via CB10
    you need to have another look at the Dell Venue Pro 11" it is just like you sp3 but just better....lol...lets start a fight on that....
    12-28-14 03:47 PM
    At least you didn't get the lenovo yoga pro 3. While beautiful, it's completely useless!

Posted via CB10
    12-28-14 03:54 PM
    oh ok...I have looked a long time as to which tablet..It was always between the sp3 and dell venue pro as they have the same os in it..what win the dell for me was the quality of service and the
    removable battery..and the price..everytting else is the same
    12-28-14 03:58 PM
    Quality of customer service? Are we talking about the same dell...

I have nothing but hate for their customer service, be it there personal side and their corp side. We spend on avg 1mill every 3 years on updating our library of tech through dell. You'd of though they would look after us, but nope. Get treated the same. Slow RMA's, slow replacement parts.

Microsoft, we just brought 10 sp3 for the plants and specifically navisworks - best customer service ever - instant replacements, no questions.

The price yes, sp3 is costly. But so a hot women... you want an ugly one??? No...

Posted via CB10
    mkelley65 and Mr4aces like this.
    12-28-14 04:06 PM
    At least you didn't get the lenovo yoga pro 3. While beautiful, it's completely useless!

Posted via CB10
    Probably very useless since it does not exist.
    12-28-14 04:10 PM
    ok let straight some facts first...I am not in corporate side just home side...I bought the dell pro business computer/tablet with extended service thing. (3 years support)...

so for a corporate side I know nothing about you mention...the only thing I know if something goes wrong with mine.. they always said that they would send someone home to fix it but nothing happen yet and I hope it won't... the 2 times I had to call was software related and had good service

as oppose the microsoft when I called them for my laptop...the first thing I hear from them is "this is how much it cost for me to help you"
    12-28-14 04:18 PM
    that is why I have a Dell venue pro 11" for that second parts( full desktop portability)
    I have the Dell Venue Pro 8. Great devices.

Posted from my awesome Classic.
    12-28-14 04:22 PM
    The passport is a beast. The classic...I cant see myself downgrading to a q10 with a track pad
    12-28-14 04:48 PM
    go back to your passport thread^^^^^^
    TgeekB, emkay47, decoy713 and 2 others like this.
    12-28-14 04:49 PM
    The Passport's potential to be an all in one device is the only reason I am semi thinking about getting one.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-14 05:05 PM
    Probably very useless since it does not exist.
    Dude - if you're going to pipe up - get your facts right before placing your retort. https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=I57QCzQp

Posted via CB10
    12-28-14 05:10 PM
    ok let straight some facts first...I am not in corporate side just home side...I bought the dell pro business computer/tablet with extended service thing. (3 years support)...

so for a corporate side I know nothing about you mention...the only thing I know if something goes wrong with mine.. they always said that they would send someone home to fix it but nothing happen yet and I hope it won't... the 2 times I had to call was software related and had good service

as oppose the microsoft when I called them for my laptop...the first thing I hear from them is "this is how much it cost for me to help you"
    Ahh - agreed.

They have mobile warriors - totally forgot about that. Makes sense for the consumer side.

So I left the store with no passport. Haven't regretted it yet though.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-14 05:12 PM

Posted via CB10
    Huh? My Yoga travels full time (stateside and overseas), runs full 3D CAD/CAM, full desktop replacement and I have not seen anything that small and light that can touch it.
    12-28-14 05:12 PM
    Dude - if you're going to pipe up - get your facts right before placing your retort. THE NEW YOGA 3 PRO*| Lenovo US

Posted via CB10
    But that's not a tablet. It's a multi-mode notebook. But you win. I stand corrected.. Sorry.
    12-28-14 05:15 PM
    Ahh - agreed.

They have mobile warriors - totally forgot about that. Makes sense for the consumer side.

So I left the store with no passport. Haven't regretted it yet though.

Posted via CB10
    the worst feeling someone can have.....sure I would of like the classic with the same power as the passport..for now everything is all well....hopefully the classic 2 will be faster...I could have bought the passport but portability was more important than specs and 4 row kb

and I find the Classic good....

edit..: I should have said the 5 rows
    12-28-14 05:19 PM
    Huh? My Yoga travels full time (stateside and overseas), runs full 3D CAD/CAM, full desktop replacement and I have not seen anything that small and light that can touch it.
    I just crnt wrap my head around the keyboard. It's great as a laptop, that I agree. But this is meant to also be a tablet like the surface pro 3.

Having that keyboard wrapped around the back doesn't feel nice. We have one in our office in the R&D department, and I crnt for the life of me hold it as a tablet. The hinges on that thing, wow - work of art!!!!

Posted via CB10
    12-28-14 05:44 PM
    the worst feeling someone can have.....sure I would of like the classic with the same power as the passport..for now everything is all well....hopefully the classic 2 will be faster...I could have bought the passport but portability was more important than specs and 4 row kb

and I find the Classic good....

edit..: I should have said the 5 rows
    Yea - I have so many pieces of tech I don't use - I really didn't want this to be one of them.

Posted via CB10
    Alain_A likes this.
    12-28-14 05:45 PM
    But that's not a tablet. It's a multi-mode notebook. But you win. I stand corrected.. Sorry.
    Yes and no - they are both the same really. Just one has a removable keyboard, one doesn't. However, they are both in direct competition with each other. So, I would agree they are different, but are the same. That makes no sense though... head ache

Posted via CB10
    12-28-14 05:49 PM
    Another first world problem: how do you keep all the devices and spare batteries charged?
    12-29-14 12:19 AM
27 12