... I suspect that some 2G and 3G networks replacements will just happen sooner than later to save on government and carrier expenses.
    Well the 1st part is just a matter of course of time like everything moves on sooner or later... for sure, every tech invention moves on over time...

But the last (" save on government and carrier expenses") well that's a hot iron... because "the Gov" doesn't care about public expenses, but rather tend to use a lot of public expenses and through it in to it's own national carriers throats (and others too)... or at least makes sure they get well stuffed and pampered 1st. Making sure the money flow continue to turne around and around...
    And that's only one sample for wasting public owned funds, carry on adding pharmacy industry, car industry, insurance industry, money industry, you name it always 1st to be looked after for, no matter what, that's what "the Gov" is doing and used to, as well as seeing it's purpose and existing in to do so, asking for public interest.. well that's something very different...
    Things that would benefit real public interest and spending on solid future goals is off the agenda...

 Classic  Passport  OS10.3.3.3216
    01-02-21 12:57 PM
    Well the 1st part is just a matter of course of time like everything moves on sooner or later... for sure, every tech invention moves on over time...

But the last (" save on government and carrier expenses") well that's a hot iron... because "the Gov" doesn't care about public expenses, but rather tend to use a lot of public expenses and through it in to it's own national carriers throats (and others too)... or at least makes sure they get well stuffed and pampered 1st. Making sure the money flow continue to turne around and around...
    And that's only one sample for wasting public owned funds, carry on adding pharmacy industry, car industry, insurance industry, money industry, you name it always 1st to be looked after for, no matter what, that's what "the Gov" is doing and used to, as well as seeing it's purpose and existing in to do so, asking for public interest.. well that's something very different...
    Things that would benefit real public interest and spending on solid future goals is off the agenda...

It's the desire for more 4G and 5G bandwidth that is shuttering 3G. Something has to give.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-02-21 01:02 PM
    It's the desire for more 4G and 5G bandwidth that is shuttering 3G. Something has to give.
    Yep.. ask yourself who does pay for it ;-)
    As I mentioned the money needs to go round and round, PR is a magical thing, make people believe they need it and they give away everything...

01-02-21 01:05 PM
    in Germany they're shutting down 3G too but we have 4G , maybe 5G and 2G for calls and sms (and very slow internet). so i can use the old BlackBerrys
    01-02-21 01:05 PM
    Yep.. ask yourself who does pay for it ;-)
    As I mentioned the money needs to go round and round, PR is a magical thing, make people believe they need it and they give away everything...

Progress is progress. You surely don't advocate that we should all be perfectly happy using 2G for everything in 2021 do you?
    01-02-21 01:07 PM
    Progress is progress. You surely don't advocate that we should all be perfectly happy using 2G for everything in 2021 do you?
    Nob ;-)
    But it's a good backup for low performance needs nevertheless...

01-02-21 01:08 PM

Look I'm a capitalist so I get it. Either way, I suspect 2G will still get shutdown because there's just no incentive to keep it running unless it's generating revenue to pay for support.

Either way, the A/B paradigms seem to becoming more common and obvious with everything. One choice is a monopoly and two choice a duopoly that if managed correctly just meets the definition of competition.
    01-02-21 01:33 PM
    Look I'm a capitalist so I get it. Either way, I suspect 2G will still get shutdown because there's just no incentive to keep it running unless it's generating revenue to pay for support.
    Which wouldn't be necessarily benefits for common good... as you may experience 1st hand at the moment, forcing a lot of people to keep on spending on new technology.. provides via special offer if you are fast blowing out funds... and the very hip feeling being able to do so...

Either way,... obvious with everything. One choice is a monopoly and two choice a duopoly that if managed correctly just meets the definition of competition.
    And that's wrong, ergo leading the wrong well trodden path... because it should say "by agreement to the common good" instead "definition of competition"...

The reason why it all going down the drain...
    I'm going to wipe a tear... ;-)

Last edited by BB-nomade; 01-02-21 at 01:59 PM.
    01-02-21 01:48 PM
    Which wouldn't be necessarily benefits for common good... as you may experience 1st hand at the moment, forcing a lot of people to keep on spending on new technology.. provides via special offer if you are fast blowing out funds... and the very hip feeling being able to do so...

And that's wrong, ergo leading the wrong well trodden path... because it should say "by agreement to the common good" instead "definition of competition"...

The reason why it all going down the drain...
    I'm going to wipe a tear... ;-)

"The world is going to hell" is often quoted, but life is better for most today than it was 50 years ago, which was better than 50 years before that, etc, etc.

The deep state doesn't control everything and doesn't drive consumer wants and needs.

Things generally go in an organic, grassroots direction over time.
    01-02-21 02:02 PM
    "The world is going to hell" is often quoted, but life is better for most today than it was 50 years ago, which was better than 50 years before that, etc, etc.

The deep state doesn't control everything and doesn't drive consumer wants and needs.

With other words... more philosophy words:
    One of the universal rules of happiness is: always be wary of any helpful item that weighs less than its operating manual.

you know.... what they say.........
    The philosopher Didactylos has summed up a alternative hypothesis as "Things just happen. What the hell"

01-02-21 02:08 PM
    Well... been there, done that, seen that, actually in real time live and in full colours, well.. rather even a decade longer too... when it comes to lifetime experience don't tell me ;-)
    Yeah the good old 60th ;-)

But Yeah agree.. it wasn't all cream on the cakes at the time, but definitely less complicated and you knew what you had, which lasted a lot longer and most importantly you could depend on it, compare to our present day's definitely ;-)

Last edited by BB-nomade; 01-02-21 at 02:38 PM.
    01-02-21 02:23 PM
    ]double typing

01-02-21 02:25 PM
    That's the spirit.

Just have a plan ready once you're cut off.
    This is the story of life itself. Is it not? We all know our EOL date is coming one day but we continue to enjoy life while we can.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-21 11:17 PM

I think you could make a good argument for many that life was better 50 years ago for healthy people. In 10 years, 50 years ago will be 1980. Life will be crowded, expensive and few jobs that earn an honest living and support families. We are getting there fast.

But BB10 did not exist in either 1970 or 1980. It exists now and will in 2031.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-21 11:22 PM
    I think I know the answer to this, but I use Mint Mobile (I believe on TMO towers) and use an AT&T Passport which is unlocked...

Will my device work (make calls and texts) for another year or another 30 days?

My connections bar says I have 4G LTE and when I make calls it says HD calling.

Not sure if any of this weighs at all!

Let me down easy...
    01-03-21 12:07 PM
    I think I know the answer to this, but I use Mint Mobile (I believe on TMO towers) and use an AT&T Passport which is unlocked...

Will my device work (make calls and texts) for another year or another 30 days?

My connections bar says I have 4G LTE and when I make calls it says HD calling.

Not sure if any of this weighs at all!

Let me down easy...
    Using Mint, you’ll lose everything 3G dependent when TMO shuts down 3G except for LTE data since it’s separate.

Switching to AT&T or any of it’s MVNOs should give about 12 extra months or so.
    anon(8004005) likes this.
    01-03-21 01:49 PM
    There are some clips on YouTube extolling the "classic," some saying its the best of BlackBerry.
    But I'm just a consumer what do I know.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-21 11:41 PM
    The challenge is not to open the devices unnecessarily to android apk s useanotherphoneforthose

Figuringout temporary passwords for themailaccounts like yahoo was also tricky but google works without the switch use unsafe devices.

Finding apk s with android 4.1
    4.3 support gets scarce but its possible hereandtherebut iwould use it without openingthephoneto android apks
    01-24-21 08:34 PM
    Wow, some really great philosophy discussed here! I can not add anything here.
    01-25-21 03:22 AM
    Hi all!
    This will depend on the user, the one who essentially uses social networks it will be difficult for him to use a blackberry.
    I've a blackberry classic, I use it as a second phone, simply for emails and messages, blackberry have always had a manufacturing quality well above today's smartphone, the autonomy is exemplary and the system bbos 10 is fluid.
    We can install Android apps but from experience I do not recommend it because they use a lot of energy and they are very slow. For me the blackberry classic will remain usable as long as we have a basic utility, for everything else it will be necessary to have a more recent smartphone

Posted via CB10
    dubengeldu likes this.
    01-25-21 05:48 AM
    Hi all!
    This will depend on the user, the one who essentially uses social networks it will be difficult for him to use a blackberry.
    I've a blackberry classic, I use it as a second phone, simply for emails and messages, blackberry have always had a manufacturing quality well above today's smartphone, the autonomy is exemplary and the system bbos 10 is fluid.
    We can install Android apps but from experience I do not recommend it because they use a lot of energy and they are very slow. For me the blackberry classic will remain usable as long as we have a basic utility, for everything else it will be necessary to have a more recent smartphone

Posted via CB10
    Yup

Andto it dont install apk s it opens your principally safer qnx system

Deactivate theoptions and hope not toomany leaks exist of 10.3.3.3216
    01-25-21 07:32 PM
46 12