Blackberry Android is , according to Chen , is meeting sales targets , though he doesn`t specify what said targets were . So Blackberry`s doing ok , but , to be honest , they`re just another Android OEM in a sea . I think that if Blackberry wants to become truly relevant again , they must look to their propietary OSes . what follows is conjecture on my part.
    Here`s the thing.one of bb10`S USPs is the ability to run Android apps. But Blackberry can`t update the ART due to contractural obligations so in a year at most , BB10 will become obsolete. Maybe BB will do something before then but...
    BBOS , on the other hand , doesn`t have that problem . what if Blackberry were to update and /or evolve BB7 to , say , BB11? before you say that this is insane , remember that in the UTB broadcast that Invictus0 linked to , that , as I said above , Thurber confirmed support forbut didn`t limit that statement to BB10 . Moreover , he also confirmed that BBOS still had millions of users .
    BBOS?
    Do you really think that an OS that apps has to be always loaded and installed in RAM will sell?
    11-02-17 08:46 PM
    With respect, you need to reread my post . I specified update and /or evolve.
    11-02-17 10:02 PM
    With respect, you need to reread my post . I specified update and /or evolve.
    Yeah I read and reread your post. They did evolve BBOS... what do you think BB10 was???
    11-03-17 04:18 AM
    BB10 was a complete break from BB7 . The two are very different .I've used both enough to be familiar with them.
    11-03-17 07:07 PM
    BB10 was a complete break from BB7 . The two are very different .I've used both enough to be familiar with them.
    The reason it was so different is that the OS had to be completely recoded because none of the codes were “reusable”.

But it’s the best thing you can get from evolution, cause it worked on BES and BIS. And it kept many of the features of BBOS.
    11-03-17 07:20 PM
    My point precisely sir. BB7 &BB10 are very different. And yes BB10 had to be completely recoded . Again, my point precisely.
    Yes BlackBerry kept some of the BB7 features; universal inbox and universal search certainly, perhaps media codec support and the camera app. But not the Active Frames or the gestures to name a few examples. As I recall for the Classic, the only BB10 ( or BA , for that matter) device to have the tool belt , BB10 had to be specially modified. Point being that the tool belt was a central feature of BBOS.
    Let's not get started on BB10's ability to run Android apps , another key difference.
    11-03-17 07:49 PM
    My point precisely sir. BB7 &BB10 are very different. And yes BB10 had to be completely recoded . Again, my point precisely.
    Yes BlackBerry kept some of the BB7 features; universal inbox and universal search certainly, perhaps media codec support and the camera app. But not the Active Frames or the gestures to name a few examples. As I recall for the Classic, the only BB10 ( or BA , for that matter) device to have the tool belt , BB10 had to be specially modified. Point being that the tool belt was a central feature of BBOS.
    Let's not get started on BB10's ability to run Android apps , another key difference.
    Well it’s called “evolution”. You have to add features that people might want and remove those that less people want.

That’s how they evolve a platform.
    11-04-17 09:05 AM
    Well it’s called “evolution”. You have to add features that people might want and remove those that less people want.

That’s how they evolve a platform.
    Yes you do . My first Blackberry was a Pearl on BB4 , if memory serves. My next BB was the Curve 8900 on BB6 . My other BB devices you already know about. So yes , I know a thing or two about BBOS evolution . Evolution (in BB`s case ) is a series of relatively small improvements , not a complete redo as in BB10. BB6>BB7 is a great example. BB4> BB6 was a rather larger case , but then , if memory serves again, that was a series of steps.
    Indeed , the fact that BB10 is BB10 and not BB8 points to this . As I pointed out earlier , they kept some features , but it`s a complete redo otherwise . Also , my point about the Classic`s tool belt , a central feature on BB7 , also argues for the complete redo .
    11-04-17 02:32 PM
83 ... 234