So it's been 16 months since I came back to Blackberry. The Classic was the device that was able to pull me away from my affair with Android/Google. While I will admit that I am not the most avid user of the plethora of apps available in the google play store. I can honestly state that I use roughly five apps that require me to remain with one foot in the google world. Thanks to my tablet, the need is fulfilled.

Now, for everyday use. The Classic has never let me down and has performed flawlessly for all of my daily needs. True, It isn't the fastest or the most powerful horse in the stable. However, I really can not imagine reaching into my back pocket and not having this awesome device ready in hand to help me do what needs to be done. That little guy keeps me productive and doesn't try to dazzle me with over-customization and simply too many options. Admittedly, the options have sucked many hours of my life when on android ( ADD sucks ).

The Classic has been the only device that has honestly suppressed my urge to replace it with a more flashy and powerful device. Yes, I still keep my Passport as a companion. But after a year, it has never received a sim card. Also, I have been flirting with a Priv this past week. While it is a really nice android powered blackberry. It doesn't have the perfect feel of the Classic ( i.e. keyboard, size). It doesn't have the refined elegance of peek and flow. Of course the Priv can use all the apps available in the google play store, for anyone who needs all of that. The screen size is also a big plus for us older dogs with aging eyes. I don't think folks will be too disappointed with this device.

As for me, I am really a simple kind of guy who loves technology. So I will always appreciate all of the latest and greatest the tech world has to offer. For day to day usage though, I will keep on chuggin' with my Classic until my Classic is no more.

Last edited by schlemer; 06-13-16 at 07:11 AM.
    B Louang, vpblaze and lopez2013 like this.
    06-10-16 07:52 AM
    Keep on enjoying it.... it's simplicity, it's Classic.
    schlemer likes this.
    06-10-16 07:56 AM
    Agree.. because it's Classic.

Posted via CB10
    schlemer likes this.
    06-11-16 06:54 PM
    I started off with the Passport and got the Classic for the summer months where pocketability was a challenge. At the time I was being indulgent with getting a classic and had every intention of switching back in Winter, even carried the passport with me everywhere in my satchel bag, so I could easily access the passport's gorgeous screen.

15 months later....

The Classic has never been off or switched with my passport. I have never had a phone with such standard features completely possess and own my daily needs.

Over this time I've come to completely respect this medium sized device. My god does it punch above its weight. All its shortcomings seem ineffectual and long forgotten. I can't replace the damn thing. Not with a passport, a droid, an iphone or an ipad.

...and the thing has been naked since day one and not mollycoddled like all the other phones I've had. It has been everything I never knew I needed in a phone. Blindsidingly beautiful.

 Classic via CB
    schlemer and lopez2013 like this.
    06-11-16 07:30 PM
    ...and the thing has been naked since day one and not mollycoddled like all the other phones I've had. It has been everything I never knew I needed in a phone. Blindsidingly beautiful.

 Classic via CB
    Ive been using my Classic with a backcover, and some days ago i took it off because it was old and damaged. Now im back with my Classic totally naked and i have no more doubts : its much better to look at it, grasp it and feel it in this way ! im not worried any more and my only concern is to keep a rule : put it always in my pants right front pocket and keep it always alone on this pocket.
    06-11-16 08:19 PM
    I started off with the Passport but got really curious about the Classic. I enjoyed both phones for what they were but neither were really me. While both were unique and actually kinda flashy, that plus the loud clickity clacking of physical keyboards just goes against the private and quiet person that I am. Also I realized that I really enjoy multi-media such as TV shows and games on my phone. So something like the leap or Z30 were more up my alley. Not to mention that both the Leap and Z30 are waaaay more affordable.
    06-11-16 09:21 PM
    I started off with the Passport but got really curious about the Classic. I enjoyed both phones for what they were but neither were really me. While both were unique and actually kinda flashy, that plus the loud clickity clacking of physical keyboards just goes against the private and quiet person that I am. Also I realized that I really enjoy multi-media such as TV shows and games on my phone. So something like the leap or Z30 were more up my alley. Not to mention that both the Leap and Z30 are waaaay more affordable.
    With all due respect, I don't think the PKBs on those devices are too loud or clicky at all. To each his own, but I like clicky. That's good you are enjoying your Z30 and its silent PKB. I myself go back and forth between that and my Classic as a change of pace. I concur that for media consumption the Z30 is the best BB10 device around; those speakers are the best of any smartphone in the market.
    06-12-16 03:08 PM
    Have mine nearly 1.5 years.... tried a Sony Xperia Z3 Compact, just to see how I would feel with a (premium compact) Android.

Went back to my Classic and will stay with it. Right now - for me - no cpu etc. update on a slab can compete with it. Looking forward what the Rome (if it comes) will bring to the table.

Posted via CB10
    Avenzuno likes this.
    06-12-16 04:03 PM