So,

I was thinking.. what if Sprint picks up the BlackBerry Classic? It would most likely support their 800mhz and 2500mhz LTE bands, in addition their 1900mhz LTE band, which is the only LTE band the Q10 can pick up on Sprint. All of Sprint's new phones support Sprint Spark, so why wouldn't the Classic support it too?

The preorder page on BlackBerry's website says that it will be available on both GSM *and* CDMA networks.. so I'm hoping it comes to Sprint. The Classic looks like an improved Q10, hence why they originally called it the Q20.

On a side note, does anyone know if BlackBerry will be assembling the Classic at their plant in Mexico, or will Foxconn be building it elsewhere?

I have a Moto X at the moment with Sprint, but I have been itching to go back to BlackBerry. Originally, I started out with a Q10 when I switched to Sprint earlier this year, but I accidentally broke that. Luckily (or not), I had insurance on the phone. The "certified" pre-owned Q10s they (Asurion) gave me all had problems of some sort. Got fed up and got them to give me a cpo Moto X. Long story short.

Autobots, roll out!
    12-02-14 08:28 PM
    I doubt there'll be a Sprint version. Only the Verizon version exists in the OS right now.

As for manufacture, it's made in China by Foxconn.
    12-02-14 10:35 PM
    Bummer.. Was really hoping Sprint would release a BB10 device that could take advantage of all their LTE bands.

I have until May before Sprint gives me an upgrade so maybe something will crop up between now and then.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-03-14 12:06 AM