Sorry if this has been answered but I couldn't find it on the interwebs

Is there a bug or something with spellcheck? In bbm when I type something wrong it doesn't seem to autocorrect like on my z30

Posted via CB10
    12-29-14 08:49 AM

Is there a bug or something with spellcheck? In bbm when I type something wrong it doesn't seem to autocorrect like on my z30

Posted via CB10
    Are you using it on another device than the Z30? If yes, which device?
    12-29-14 08:51 AM
    Well on the classic autocorrect doesn't seem to be as aggressive or smart as on the z30 or the passport

For example if I type qiuck the classic doesn't seem to autocorrect it to "quick" but on the Z30 it does

Posted via CB10
    12-29-14 08:56 AM
    Same issue here. Spellcheck is definitely a bit wonky right now.

Posted via CB10 with the beautiful keyboard of the BlackBerry Classic
    12-29-14 09:03 AM
    Could be spell check is a bit thin right now... Wait for the next update. Should be soon as it's a recent device.
    12-29-14 09:07 AM

Posted via CB10 with the beautiful keyboard of the BlackBerry Classic
    I'm experiencing the same thing. But I also had the issue intermittently pop up on my Q10.
    12-29-14 09:08 AM
    That's putting it mildly. It's very inefficient in it's current operating state.
    12-29-14 09:47 AM
    I have the latest OS on my Classic and it hasn't improved the correction. I've just compared it with a Passport and it seems that the Classic does not have the same choices in Settings, Language and Input, Prediction and Correction. If you look on the Passport under Auto-Correct with Space bar if On it has an option to choose an action - either Fix Misspelt Words or Insert Top Prediction. The Classic does not have the option (even on the latest OS). So if you type qiuck on the Passport it is corrected, whereas on the Classic it highlights it as wrong (with a red underline) but does not automatically correct it to quick. Seems to me that someone has messed up here and left out the functionality which is poor as it means the Classic is not as good to type on as the Passport and combined with the smaller keyboard it makes typing much slower. I wonder if Blackberry knows about this.....
    02-25-15 05:46 AM
    I'm hoping its just a software issue or something maybe someone from CB can mention it to RIM
    03-15-15 04:39 PM

Posted via CB10
    Autocorrect? What's that??

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Xenolock likes this.
    03-15-15 05:51 PM
    Autocorrect? What's that??

Right, I turned off auto-correct as well. Just use it as the good old typewriter.
    03-18-15 08:20 PM
    Well it assumes you actually know how to spell and type, they invested so much into these hardware keyboards the least we can do is have zero grammatical errors. Of course a physical keyboard isn't going to have the same aggressive spellcheck as an all touch device.....I'd suggest you speak your texts. The classic keyboard doesn't even need spellcheck it's amazing without it

Sent from my: SM-N910T/SQC100-4 PIN:2BFE4937 T-Mobile 4G LTE Facebook.com/UnFazedRebel
    quangtran1 likes this.
    03-18-15 10:17 PM
    Autocorrect? Spellcheck? I forgot what those were once I got the Classic.

From a Classic
    03-19-15 09:51 AM
    Autocorrect? Spellcheck? I forgot what those were once I got the Classic.

From a Classic
    Must be the names of magic spells from Harry Potter or something. Spellcheck, Autocorrect, what are you people rambling about?? ;-)

03-19-15 05:30 PM
    There is a spell check or a spell prediction you can turn on in the setting that provides additional corrections for fat fingers.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-15 06:37 PM

Posted via CB10
    Spellcheck and autocorrect are two different things.
    03-20-15 04:01 AM
    I have the latest OS on my Classic and it hasn't improved the correction. I've just compared it with a Passport and it seems that the Classic does not have the same choices in Settings, Language and Input, Prediction and Correction. If you look on the Passport under Auto-Correct with Space bar if On it has an option to choose an action - either Fix Misspelt Words or Insert Top Prediction. The Classic does not have the option (even on the latest OS). So if you type qiuck on the Passport it is corrected, whereas on the Classic it highlights it as wrong (with a red underline) but does not automatically correct it to quick. Seems to me that someone has messed up here and left out the functionality which is poor as it means the Classic is not as good to type on as the Passport and combined with the smaller keyboard it makes typing much slower. I wonder if Blackberry knows about this.....
    I've had my Classic for about two weeks now and I've definitely noticed this issue too. My previous Z30 was an ace at autocorrecting. However, like the poster above said, the functionality is not the same on the Classic as it is in other devices. I hope they do something about this.

Posted via CB10
    09-07-15 12:28 AM