I'm posting this in the Classic forum because there isn't a forum to compare and contrast different BB10 devices, and this topic is of particular relevance to Classic users, who have selected a phone for functionality over hardware specs.

I see lots of comments about which phone is "faster," "better on paper," etc., but very few people ever detail what they ate actually DOING with their phones. So, I thought I'd try starting a discussion to help us all learn from each other 's experiences.

The goal is to see authentic use cases to help other people identify which phone is best for their needs.

Please post the following:
    1) Phone Model
    2) OS build
    3) Which apps you keep running most of the time
    4) Which apps you use as needed and close
    5) your level of satisfaction with your phone's speed / responsiveness
    6) your level of satisfaction with your productivity
    7 any additional items that you think might be relevant.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 10:36 AM
    I'll start:

Still running a Z10 with 10.2.1
    I don't run any headless apps, just open and close as needed.

I receive about 350 emails a day on 7 email account (4 personal, my business, and 2 clients.). Two of those are on Exchange servers, and the others are IMAP. I use outlook.com. Gmail, and yahoo. I send 25-50 carefully composed emails a day.

I have 18 calendars synching with the BlackBerry calendar App from yahoo, gmail, Exchange and Outlook.

I use LinkedIn IM, BBM, and Text Messages constantly.

I use Dropbox, Box, and OneDrive, mostly through the BlackBerry File Manager.

I use Evernote through the BlackBerry Remember App, and I write about 3-4 hours a day.

The Apps I use throughout the day include Weather Channel, Kindle, NYTimes, MLB.com

I use the built in browser constantly.

I watch videos for professional education and short entertainment videos.

I take photos and Videos of my kid a lot, synced to Dropbox.

My phone is as fast as I could possibly wish. I'm never waiting for anything, unless my Internet connection is slow.

I am very productive, as the hub, File Manager, Phone, Calendar, Remember and Browser meet 95% of my needs.

I wish the Contacts App was less confusing, or that there was better documentation on how to sync multiple contact lists, and when/how to use the contact linking feature.

That's my use case. I'm considering Passport and Classic, leaning towards Passport, btw.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 10:58 AM
    Please post the following:
    1) Phone Model
    -Blackberry Q10
    -SQN100-3
    -Black color

2) OS build
    -10.3.1.1154 (Used from 10.1 onwards)

3) Which apps you keep running most of the time
    -Don't generally keep apps open as all I need is in the HUB.
    -Otherwise, browser and CB10 are open often.

4) Which apps you use as needed and close
    -BlackBerry App World
    -Music
    -Camera
    -Pictures
    -Snap10
    -Igrann
    -Amazon App store
    -Calendar
    -Contacts
    -Phone
    -Weather
    -Photo Studio Pro
    -Cineplex
    -Assistant
    -Password Keeper
    -Remember
    5) your level of satisfaction with your phone's speed / responsiveness
    - 90%. On 10.3.1 it's been GREAT, along with 10.3. I got the phone in May 2013 & until January 2014 I wasn't able to text as they would ALWAYS freeze, I would only use whatsapp & BBM which was frustrating. Seems to be fixed now.. so not an issue anymore. Currently satisfaction is 95%, no issues at all, not even screen size. The 5% is lost due to the AMOLED screen which makes the white look yellowish and ruin the color slightly, even if it saves battery sometimes.
    6) your level of satisfaction with your productivity
    90%. No issues with any e-mails, BBM or whatsapp. Again, the text issue. Which I had originally was an issue and left a sour taste in my mouth.
    7 any additional items that you think might be relevant.
    I have had my phone since May 2013 (launch day) & the only issue I have had is slight screen burn in on the AMOLED screen & double typing. Parts are so cheap that it does not even matter.

Posted via 10.3.1
    01-03-15 01:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD